xisto Community
microdude431

What is the size of you HD

wow you guys have such high space capacity. I only use a 10 gig hard drive. I have even used half of it yet but i think it is ok for me because i dont download alot of big stuff like other people

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, my only internet access is the library and school, so i dont download much... i do have flash mx 2004 pro and the rest of mx studio, and ive managed to fill half a 74 gb hd with music, animations, and games. maybe i should cut back... It only took me like 3 months to fill that much up without the internet... eeek! Well, looks like im heading to best buy soon...

Haha... my hard drive can't even compare to any of yours!

10GB... w00t.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I remember only having a 20 GB hard drive... god that sucked. I can't imagine what it would be like only having 10 GB. Back when I first got that computer, 20 GB was huge and hardly anyone had a hard drive as big as mine. I was very proud of my machine, but the pride didn't last long, obviously, with the increased size HDD coming on to the market. Mid last year when I decided to build my first machine I put in a 120 GB HDD and wow, it's awesome. I finally had some freedom, I could download what ever I wanted without having to worry about how much free disk space I have. Nowadays I am having that same problem though, sometimes getting close to the 120 GB limit.

Anyway, the way it seems to be going lately, it wont be long till 1 TB hard drives are basically standard. I think we will still see all the same problems though, especially for gamers. The more advanced games become, the larger they are in file size.. so all that extra disk space will be needed.

60GB which is more than i need as i usually format a few times a year so that my pc doesn't slow down. And as what i mostly have on my PC are images i store most of them on photobucket or gmail anyway. I'd never use up that much space anyway, i don't do piracy.

I'm very impressed with Firedoor! He keeps everything original! I cannnot help it though because i do not have the money to buy the disc and stuff... Buying a new hard disk took me 1 year worth of savings...

I have two internal HDs in my computer. A 20 gig that I mount from and have all of my software on, and a 40 gig that I use entirely for media such as artwork, school stuff and music. I'll probably end up buying an external USB HD later on just to have some form of portable media that would solve my zip-disk and CD burning problem forever.

I have a 120 GB hard drive on the computer I normally use which is plenty for me. I have only used about 40 GB of it so far. On my upstaris somputer, I only have an 8 GB hard-drive that I have been thinking of upgrading for a long time. I am always deleting things from it because it gets full so fast (very annoying!)

I got 40 Gig space... It's not really enough for me though since I collect anime/manga. 1 set of a 26 episode anime is about 4 Gig so only 10 could fit in. :P I really need to buy a DVD-Writer. My CDs are stacking up.

still stuck on :60gig in laptop100gig in desktop400gig externali'd like one of those external lacie drives of 1TB though :Pi remember having a 513mb worth harddisk. we bought ourselves the very first pentium computer. we paid about 2500$ for a computer with a printer (a brother laserprinter that would print as much as 6!!! pages/minute. wham!) we got a videocard with 1!mb ram, 8mb edo ram, a 14" display,...we had the craziest computer in the neighbourhood. i could play commander keen and later on, GTA1still later, i bought myself a cdwriter, back when those weren't common.it was a 2speed cdwriter! i couldn't copy on the fly, so i had to store the cd on my hd first. butttt... as i had only 513mb of space (of which i had about 350mb free! imagine that! haha. winxp takes about 1gig :P) i always had to split up the cd and copy the first half, than read the second half and burn it and close my cd :P those were the days...