xisto Community
microdude431

What is the size of you HD

ive got two 80 gb Seagate Barracuda's and one WD 30GB Hdd...i used to have a Nikimi 40 gb aswell but it got ****ed after 6 months of running, the exact day when the warranty ran out.....

I have got a Hitachi 120 Gig Deskstar harddrive, a Maxtor 30 Gig, a Seagate 20 Gig, and an IBM 800 Mb. They are not all in the same system but are all functioning. That totals up to 170.8 Gigs of storage. I allso have a 40 gig maxtor with dead wright heads on it that I am currently trying to salvage the data off of.

I have two computers : old and new. On my old is 4 Gb hard-drive :D, it seems funny, but in 1995 it was cool. On my new cmp 40 GB. I allways fill not enoth space, and mark of my hard not Matrox, not Western Digital it's ... Samsung. I never take off my Samsung hard from my System block because I know it's will be broken ^_^

Main pc:120 GB harddriveOld pc:1 X 13GB1 X 40GBoooh and i bought an old pc to explore that had a 40 kilobyte hard drive...nice eh?? lol maybe 400 kilobytes i don't remember but i remember it wasn't even a meg...i was shocked lolother specs on main pcp4 2.6ghz 1 gig ram (2 x 512) geforce 4 ti 4800 se <---didn't know this card was crap when i got it ^_^..it's an alright pc

My HD draws up to around 37gigabytes.Which isn't very much when 7 gigabytes is taken up by Windows 98 files. So it runs out of space rather quickly and I have to continually do clear outs just to free up some space for myself. I see the majority of you have much bigger hard drives than me.

I've only got one and it's only 10 GB ^_^ I need a new computer. The one I have is like five or six years old and only 300 mhz, but is still pretty good. I hope to get myself a new one soon with a bigger HD. Or I'll just get an iPod to use as an external HD. I want one of the 20 GB iPods.

My HD draws up to around 37gigabytes.Which isn't very much when 7 gigabytes is taken up by Windows 98 files.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

-=Wrighty=-,

I have to ask! 7GB W98 files? what do you mean by windows files? The reason I ask is because a correctly installed W98 OS will take between 650MB to 1.2GB depending on how many of the "support" files you leave behind after install.

If you count installed programs as part of your W98 files then I can see where you are comming from. Remember most third party programs add to your Windows folder and the bigges culprit are "Temporary internet files"

I have a total of Size 55.90 GB (60,019,868,160 bytes) between the 2 HD's on this computer.

Nils

My HD draws up to around 37gigabytes.Which isn't very much when 7 gigabytes is taken up by Windows 98 files. So it runs out of space rather quickly and I have to continually do clear outs just to free up some space for myself.

I see the majority of you have much bigger hard drives than me.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's a pretty strange figure?

Is it an SCSI hard drive?