xisto Community
kc8yff

Best FTP Client

well i like cute ftp than smart ftp because it is a lot faster and also a lot more reliable than some of the other programs out there. i am able to upload a whole file and some of the others you arent

I have used FlashfxpandCuteFTP. I find cuteftp the best because I experience less ftp errors, as cuteftp has better stability. Because I am happy with cuteftps performance I will continue to use it and recoomend all fo you at least give it a try. CuteFTP also supports uploading of folders.

I did use CuteFTP for a long time. It is good. Recently I tried CuteFTP Pro. That is a lot better. You can run multiple connections, UL or DL more than one file at a time and so on. I use that for larger files.When it is for my websites I use Dreamweaver and the build in FTP client in that. Here you can be more than one person working on the same web. The programe keeps track of who got what file.

Hmm... Good question. First I must sy my kriterions of FTP. The Good FTP man must be:1. Fast2. Easy to use3. Rich with opportunities 4. Have autoconnect, disconnect and other good tools5. Must have plugins6. Must have good formed logs.I thing really good ftp man is FAR and FTPcute managers, in the Linux konqueror :D.Have a nice life ^_^

Hmm... Good question. First I must sy my kriterions of FTP. The Good FTP man must be:

1. Fast

2. Easy to use

3. Rich with opportunities

4. Have autoconnect, disconnect and other good tools

5. Must have plugins

6. Must have good formed logs.

I thing really good ftp man is FAR and FTPcute managers, in the Linux konqueror :D.

Have a nice life ^_^

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know quite a few that fit that quota:

- FileZilla

- CuteFTP

- Konqueror

- That GNOME browser (Nautalis I think...)

- Good old GNU command line ftp (has the basic commands :P )

I used both filezila and SmartFTP. I definately prefer SmartFTP. Especially the connect bar is very usefull. It's just a bar where you can type your ftp adress, login , password and port in and when you just hit the enter button you connect to your ftp space. With filezila it's a little bit more difficult I thought.

Yeah, SFTP is actually rather different from normal FTP. As in, its not just a secure layer version of the old protocol. Instead its a different one entirely. how similar that is to the differences between HTTPS and HTTP I don't know. But the different underlying protocol is why a lot of ftp programs don't do sftp and vice versa.

I use WS_FTP Pro 8 I think it is.. but lately I have been haveing problems with it only uploading portions of the files or it won't upload them at all. I don't know why this happened but it does. Has anyone else expeireinced this? Its a great program cuase its simple and until recently it was reliable. Maybe it is due to my 56k internet connection? (Yeah I know 56k is pittaful.)