xisto Community
kc8yff

Best FTP Client

I like WS_FTP. Been using since the beginning. It is a free program as well. The only thing I don't like about it is you can't delete a folder that has something in it. You have to empty the folder. Instead, If I have to delete a folder, I use the file manager in the cpanel.

The only thing I don't like about it is you can't delete a folder that has something in it.  You have to empty the folder.  Instead, If I have to delete a folder, I use the file manager in the cpanel.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I found that a problem too. So I decided to use SmartFTP. Its very good and easy to use. It is quite powerful but not as advanced as I'd like it to be. But it offers good enough options and tools. My only problem with it is that when you start it and your trial has finished it comes up requestiong you to pruchase the full package.

WS_FTP is the best FTP client ever!!!!!There are no file restrictions, it has a sync utility very usefull when u upgrade your page and modify so many files u don't even remeber.. WS_FTP will do the comparison of the files for u..U can also delete non-empty folder (so the tedious labor af going trouh folder deleting groups of files is over!!)and a lot of features everybody need (even if they don0t even know they need it)WS_FTP_LE it's free, and very cool, the purchased version is even better of course

I like the Dreamweaver FTP. It's easy and convenient because you have a Site Map and you can synchornize everything in one click.

Is dreamweaver FTP a shareware??? or freeware???

is it function of dreamweaver... ?????????????

My question is...who do people like FTP clients in the first place?? I find them non user friendly and a huge hassle. Don't you think it's easier to check a box and click "Edit" than to right click, click "Open With" and click notepad or something like that? Thank you, but im staying on the file manager for now.

I would recommend WS-FTP . WS-FTP is very user friendly. It offer you a variety of options. With just a single click you can edit your files, upload, download, rename, many more....I've tried using other ftp clients but at the end I've chosen WS-FTP Pro