xisto Community
kc8yff

Best FTP Client

i love filezilla, it's just so wasy to use, and 'smart'. When i have to upload lots of files i just put them into the queue and leave it to upload. I used to use SmartFTP but it started crashing a lot, so i got rid of it. When i first learnt about FTP i used WS_FTP LE but now it seems too 'simple'

My preference is WS_FTP. It works well & is a great tool to have on hand. It's real simple to use & comes complete with a guided tour.Also a Free Trial can be downloaded from Ipswitch.com

I've Used cuteftp, WS_FTP pro, and Aceftp 3 and i really like both ws and ace, nost cuteftp so much. WS has always been slower for me than ace. But sometimes ace wont work (like if the server is really bogged down, and usually ws_ftp will. It will just be really slow.

personally, I use AceFTP because...well, it's freeware and I don't have to worry about a trial or anything along those lines. It's effective at what it does, so I have no reason to complain ^_^

I've tested several clients, but always went back to WS_FTP Pro.Despite what some say, it's really fast. You can't blame the client for low bandwidth or slow servers.cheers