xisto Community
kc8yff

Best FTP Client

I'm using Cute FTP but it's an 30 days version.

I don't wanna pay anything for it... Does anybody know some free FTP??? And as good as CuteFTP? THanks for your help!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

whenever you want the best, and you want it free, turn to open source.

i mostly use command-line FTP through a bash script, or when im feeling lazy, i find konqueror is an excelent ftp client.

For me the best client is WS_FTP is easy to use and It's free, you can get them a download.com

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The free version of WS_FTP, which is WS_FTP was already phased out a couple of months ago..What was known as WS_FTP LE is now WS_FTP Home 9.0 which costs $34.95 to buy.

For a free FTP client..I would recommend FILEZILLA too as mentioned on previous posts.

Well, since you are asking only for an opinion, I think Ipswitch's WS_FTP Professional(their latest release: currently 9.0) is the best for me. You have to pay for it though but it's well worth it.

You can find all of its features here:
https://www.ipswitch.com/secure-information-and-file-transfer

Works great for me. The customer support is great too! :)

Well, since you are asking only for an opinion, I think Ipswitch's WS_FTP Professional(their latest release: currently 9.0) is the best for me. You have to pay for it though but it's well worth it.

You can find all of its features here:

https://www.ipswitch.com/secure-information-and-file-transfer

Works great for me. The customer support is great too!  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've tried WS_FTP before I switched to LeapFTP. Franky, I don't like WS_FTP because it is so big in size (take time to download) and often disconnects from the server (I dunno why).

I've tried WS_FTP before I switched to LeapFTP. Franky, I don't like WS_FTP because it is so big in size (take time to download) and often disconnects from the server (I dunno why).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh well, things work on different ways on different people. :)