xisto Community
xelloss

What's Your Tool of Web Design? Say Something about your web design

What's Your Tool of Web Design?  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I sort of use a combined Frontpage + Notepad. I use frontpage for bigger types of html pages, so me without the graphical outcome would become lost. But, Notepad works good on projects without too much scripting in it.I'm still working on remembering all the scripts...

I use Dreamweaver and Fireworks... Dreamweaver is an excellent software for web design... but it crash often too... i have several crash when i am rushing my project... its still not perfect but i doubt there is any software around which is as powerful as it... Fireworks is great software too...

Its DREAMWEAVER for me and nothing can beat that. Dreamweaver is the best availaible tool. Moreover I use my own C++ programs to generate optimized pages and what's more, I've also added features of optimizing javascript (though very preliminary).But let me tell you, that to get a true mastery with Dreamweaver, one must know the nitty-grittie of HTML very well. I get the real power of DREAMWEAVER as I know HTML well, and (once upon a time) I used to write webpages using the EDIT program of DOS. I even wrote my own C program to allow me to write HTML using shortcuts for long commands and automatic indentation.

Couldn't Agree with you more YUSANK. Its really very difficult to Save and reload the page using a traditional editor. It's as simple as pressing F12 in DREAMWEAVER !!DREAMWEAVER rocks, please try out the 2004 version. I've brought it a few months back and its really better than DREAMWEAVER MX.

I use Dreamwearver because I can't work without seeing the visual outcome of the site, i find that it is easy to use and reliable Download the trial.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i dun agree... cuz u can haf your browser on... pointed to the page u are working on... and your notepad working on the file too... whenever u need to check your work... save your file... and refresh the browser... but i bet u mean visual designing... just like vb... i agree on that... that really make doing webpage more efficient den before... especially when u are messing around with lots of tables... codes are simply to confusing compare to the visual aids...

Couldn't Agree with you more YUSANK. Its really very difficult to Save and reload the page using a traditional editor. It's as simple as pressing F12 in DREAMWEAVER !!DREAMWEAVER rocks, please try out the 2004 version. I've brought it a few months back and its really better than DREAMWEAVER MX.

I also use javascript encryption tools(softwares, mine is HTML Protector) to protect the source code of my work(hardwork is useless if it can be copied, plagiarized/used by others and claim it as theirs).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Don't bother. All of these "source code protectors" are scams. The only way to stop people nabbing your source code is not to put it on the net. There is a very good article on this subject here.

No right click scripts, JavaScripts which block the image tool bar - this stuff only does one thing - pisses people off. There is no real way to stop people from copying your work, although registering copyright of your work may help you to track down/prove people guilty of plagiarism.

FrontPage is evil. Please, please stop using it. Forever.

It makes HTML that is illegal. It screws up your site, and it makes the most ugly sites ever. Dreamweaver is good, use that.

You are right lhunath.FrontPage is bad ; it really sucks. But the thing is that it was never meant for any serious Web Development. It's only for beginners and definitely not meant for professionals.I am a gr8 fan of DRAMWEAVER. It's cool. I've been using it from version 5. It is a fact that prior to that I used VIM and EMACS, but this is the application that really made my life easier. It's meant for a pro (one look at the price and you'll know why). It's the best Rapid Web Development (RWD) tool ever seen by me.Bye,Bigyan