xisto Community
xelloss

What's Your Tool of Web Design? Say Something about your web design

What's Your Tool of Web Design?  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I use Dreamweaver MX 2004 for the HTML Part (Im a lazy HTML hand-coder :P ), Photoshop CS for my Graphics and Zend's PHP Studio for my PHP Coding. This is the best combination for me so far... :P

Hey mhykhh,You are very right. This combination works well for me as well. This is a gr8 combination. I also use Corel Draw for my graphics as I'm a big vector fan. But obviously Photoshop is one of the very best tools availaible these days and one should definitely go for it.To me your whole combination looks cool, professional and pretty relieble.Bye,Bigyan

bbEdit looks brilliant. But I'm on a Windows machine. Bugger.For my graphics I mostly use PSP7, although I'm seriously thinking about getting PhotoShop - even if it's just an older version of eBay. I'm pretty crap at graphics though, and I always find it really hard thinking of an original colour scheme and "look" for my site.

you know, you probably don't need all the stuff that a full version of photoshop can do. Photoshop elements is much much cheaper and does basically everything relevant. Check out the different feature sets and then decide if you need to shell out the extra money. I believe the wacom tablets come with a free copy, but that might only be the more expenive tablets like the intuos(which is what I bought). If the graphire tablets come with elements, then go buy a 4x5 graphire tablet. It only costs 100 dollars, and elements costs nearly that much, so its a much better deal.

I use notepad and an open browser, then just ALT+TAB back and forth. It works well and I have tried Front Page and other WYSIWYG editors, but always go back to notepad.  :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i use Adobe Photoshop for Layout (Also called as Template ) designing, MS FrontPage for HTML Page Designi and editing, FLASH for Animation Part, Then What else

Cheers

I use 1st page (put out by Eversoft), and notepad, but would also like to try Dreamweaver. I also like the convience of having it displayed right in front of me.. but will use notepad if I am not at my computer. I have tried front page, but didn't care much for it.

1st Page 2000 is a professional HTML editing software which lets you create great websites fast! The visually appealing program comes bundled with over 450+ Javascripts and supports all the latest web languages. ..
Its free as well..I have been using it. but switched to dreamweaver

more info:

http://www.webdesignland.com/

Features:..

Customizable Keyboard shortcuts

Customizable Toolbar buttons

Dockable/Floating Toolbars

3 primary development modes (easy/expert/hardcore)

View/Disable most visible panels

Store your own code snippets in myCode Library

Cutting Edge

450+ Javascripts/VBScripts

DHTML Zone with re-usable DHTML scripts

Full support for SSI, CGI, Perl, Cold Fusion, ASP.

Javascript Rollover Images

Javascript/VBScript Object Tree

HTML Source Compressor - Reduce webpage file size

Flash 4/Shockwave/Java/ActiveX Support

6 Common Javascript Wizards

(Drop-down comboboxs, Frame Killer, Browser Detector,
Last Modified Date, Background Fader)

Includes over 20+ cgi/perl/htmlscripts from Matt's
Script Archive with complete instructions on usage.

Speed

Syntax Highlights Perl , CSS, HTML, CF, ASP, SSI,
Javascript, CGI files.

3 chart HEX Color Picker

Powerful speedy Wizards

Tag Lists (Filter Zone)

File Explorer

Open Document From the Web

Calculate Image sizes (height/width)

Drag-drop from Explorer

Source Code Formatter

Aid

Instant Tag Help anywhere, anytime.

Complete Web Building Reference

Commonly Asked Questions

Spell Checker

Thesaurus Checker

Special/Extended Character List

Yeah jipman,I agree with u fully. GIMP is one of the very best Graphics Tools availaible currently and like Photoshop, once you get the knack of it, u find it easy. Moreover it has a gr8 fan following too.About VIM, nothings like it, except for Emacs. VIM changed my ideas of a simple plaintext word processor (yeah VIM in my opinion counts as a word processor and not only as a text editor). But Emacs simply rocks ...... but only after anybody has taken the trouble to learn its obscure commands by heart !! But indeed, after you learn it, it's really a powertool.Bye,Bigyan

I like AceHtmlPro:learned on 4, am using 5, and look forward to purchase the upgrade to 6It writes quick clean code with tremendous documentation and references for HTML, Javascript, CSS, and SSI a click away. A great tool for those who like to learn on the fly. I use CoffeeCup Firestarter to write flash, btnMaker for quick buttons, and Anfy Java TM for enhancements. ^_^

There's no reason to BUY any html page editor thingy, dreamweaver is just like frontpage but a little better. But on the long run, text-editor-webmasters will excel over the GUI-web's because GUI is limited in functions. I could do a few things with tables in VIM / notepad that you can't do in dreamweaver or frontpage.BUT, GUI-interfaces are indeed usefull if you just start learning html.

notepad for the basics is the best solution you can possibly have to fix, edit o extend html code...even php....And betwen frontpage and dreamweaver... deramweaver is way better... but i prefer frontpage.. cuase it's really simple!!!!!but, jipman it's right... there are i whole lot of freeware that well used can do wonders..