xisto Community
xelloss

What's Your Tool of Web Design? Say Something about your web design

What's Your Tool of Web Design?  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

No... I prefere Notepad.... and Frontpage!  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I worked with both Dreamweaver and FrontPage. I started with FrontPage 2000 and I had troubles with saving the images and retrieving them in the webpages.

Many times the images didn't come back and I had to manually edit the webpages because the webpages didn't call the correct directories of the pictures.

Then I switched to DreamWeaver 4 and the image problems are now solved. FrontPage XP had many improvements especially the new sets of templates. However, I didn't see the improvements in saving and retrieving images/ webpage on CD.

HomeSite is another great HTML editor. Any comments on FrontPage 2003 would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Nathan

I tried TextEdit on school computers a couple times, and found it very clunky, especially when editing pages that were created in another program. It also wouldn't recognize > and < which was very frustrating at the time.I use Notepad for all creating and editing, for pretty much the same reasons of zarjay. I like the complete control it gives. I also always run my code though the W3C validators.

I use notepad all the way. I like to code manually rather than use a program to do it for me because the program always complicates what I want to do. Sometimes I use programs to colorcode my code.

I use notepad for coding and SwishMax for content. I also use javascript encryption tools(softwares, mine is HTML Protector) to protect the source code of my work(hardwork is useless if it can be copied, plagiarized/used by others and claim it as theirs). Also, I use some automated script generator, takes less time to finish my work. :)

Hi,My favorite tool is almost about what kind of page that I'm doing. When I was born into the webdesigning world does there only exist one editor, notepad, but after a while came several editors, and I did started with HomeSite which was the bridge for me into the world of Macromedia. Then was I only working with basic html sites.Today when I've learned the basic of PHP is it back to past again, not notepad but HTMLKit. I'm awaiting for the day when someone have find the ultimate wysiwyg editor for PHP sites (Dreamweaver isn't good enough yet).So my question to answer is: Dreamweaver for basic webdesign and HTMLKit for PHP.CheersBrgdsJens

I'm using Macromedia Dreamweaver MX right now. I've been using Dreamweaver for more than 4 years now. I had the chance of using Frontpage but there's so much you can do in Dreamweaver and also, Frontpage leaves alot of unnecessary code into your html pages. :)