xisto Community
xelloss

What's Your Tool of Web Design? Say Something about your web design

What's Your Tool of Web Design?  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

You are right lhunath.

FrontPage is bad ; it really sucks. But the thing is that it was never meant for any serious Web Development. It's only for beginners and definitely not meant for professionals.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sadly, by doing that, you're bringing webpages onto the web which are full of mistakes; and which are just plain ugly. Degradation of the web, especially because it's so popular. It should just be found illegal to use it.

Most of my friends recommended for me to use Microsoft Frontpage but it is really ugly and hard to use isn't it. Dreamweaver is very expensive, and I had to borrow a copy from a friend, but it is easy to navigate and it has so much more to offer.

Hey musichere,

It's true that DREAMWEAVER is an expensive software. But you must remember that Quality never comes cheap. As you are not a professional, you don't need the absolute latest version of the software ; you can easily get a copy of DREAMWEAVER MX (not MX 2004, but only MX), for a throwaway price !!. So go for DREAMWEAVER MX, and as you don't need all the new cutting edge features, this is bound to take care of your web-development needs for some time.

But if you are a professional web-developer, then I'm afraid to tell, this is an expensive buy that you have to make.

Bye,

Bigyan

Quality never comes cheap

Another one of those people that never heard about the mysterious beast called Open Source.

Hey lhunath,

Another one of those people that never heard about the mysterious beast called Open Source.

:PI've heard of Open Source

:) Just name an Open Source application at par with (atleast mentionable alongside with ) DREAMWEAVER MX 2004. :)

I've bought this application and it is worth every penny paid for it.

Bye,

Bigyan

Yeah, Dreamweaver is ok. But the saying doesn't work, I wasn't saying anything else than that. :)Because most often, all open source is better than non-open source.

Hey lhunath,

:PI've heard of Open Source

:P Just name an Open Source application at par with (atleast mentionable alongside with ) DREAMWEAVER MX 2004. :o

I've bought this application and it is worth every penny paid for it.

Bye,

Bigyan

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

These are not open source but they come for free and yes, they can match

the expensive one's

1stPage 2000 ( the best but needs a newer version )

HTMLGATE

TSWEBCODER

Could easily think of a few more but these are the best.

If you're feeling comfortable with Dreamweaver then fine.

Otherwise these are better.

Hey DanThMan,You must be out of your mind. Firstly lhunath mentioned open-source and not free, so only open source applications count not the only-free ones.Then, I've personally used TSWEBCODER for ab8 2-3 monts and it offers no better facilites and ab8 HTMLGATE, it really SUCKS.Guess you have never used DREAMWEAVER, so you are amazed or fond of these cheap and silly products. Please try out DREAMWEAVER for once (trial is freely downloadable at MACROMEDIA website) and you'll be their fan.Bye,Bigyan

I'm a notepad user myself, but I started with FrontPage. Then i started disliking how slow and inefficient it was so i started writing with notepad. Much faster and it doesn't alter my coding ^_^

Yeah ChronicLoser,That's right. I also used to love writing HTML on Notepad, but you can do the same on DREAMWEAVER MX and can preview etc.I still write my pages, not only design them !!.

Yeah ChronicLoser,

That's right. I also used to love writing HTML on Notepad, but you can do the same on DREAMWEAVER MX and can preview etc.

I still write my pages, not only design them !!.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i've also used Dreamweaver before...but dispite it all, I find notepad to be faster to preview as well. Simple rename the file to a .htm and you can preview it in your browser. Sometimes the preview in frontpage and/or dreamweaver does not come out the same as when you actually upload the page.

...or at least that's how it seemed for me =P

i've also used Dreamweaver before...but dispite it all, I find notepad to be faster to preview as well. Simple rename the file to a .htm and you can preview it in your browser. Sometimes the preview in frontpage and/or dreamweaver does not come out the same as when you actually upload the page.

...or at least that's how it seemed for me =P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes. I have dreamweaver also, but I like notepad/wordpad because it's fastest and easiest to use.

Hey DanThMan,

You must be out of your mind. Firstly lhunath mentioned open-source and not free, so only open source applications count not the only-free ones.

Then, I've personally used TSWEBCODER for ab8 2-3 monts and it offers no better facilites and ab8 HTMLGATE, it really SUCKS.

Guess you have never used DREAMWEAVER, so you are amazed or fond of these cheap and silly products. Please try out DREAMWEAVER for once (trial is freely downloadable at MACROMEDIA website) and you'll be their fan.

Bye,

Bigyan

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow Bigyan!

Did I step on your toe or something? You did use TSWEBCODER that long before

you found out that it was cheap and silly?

It's not that at all. Personally, I admire people who puts in those hours and shares

their work with the rest of the world. Especially, when their programs is that good

and development is constantly ongoing. Support and fixes are almost instant!

You say it offers no better facilities, right? Do you by that mean it's no worse either?

In that case the money you save would be worth something!

I'll guess you also spoke about HTMLGATE without even testing it! A professional

wouldn't say that it really sucks, just because it doesn't!

I wouldn't say that I've used them much myself, but I always check

software that seems interesting!

They both have all you need and does the job well.

It all comes down to what you like and prefer.

Macromedias MX suite was on my harddrive for a couple of years, but it's gone now.

Never missed it because I always ended up in 1stPage 2000 and PaintShopProanyway.

To all of you that brag about only using Notepad. Why on earth would you

do that? To keep it uncluttered? Come on, as long as it's not WYSIWYG editors they

wouldn't clutter your code. In 1stPage 2000 you can choose the level of the editors

participation to an almost notepadlike style.

Still with all the advantages of a real editor when you need it!

OK! Go for my throat now

Does anyone know if there are freeware web page tools out there that are simple to use?? The newest dreamweaver that I checked out is just a bit too challenging for someone who does simple webpages for personal use. Raw html just does not turn me on. So if anyone can lead me to a simple frontpage-like webpage tool for creating simple webpages, I would really appreciate it. I have used netscape communicator years ago (before they got too big of a file), Frontpage, and Dreamweaver of the older version.

Frontpage is evil... I use Dreamweaver MX and notepad. I think that whatever you use, you should always examine the code and learn how to raw code it into notepad, just for the sake of learning how to do it the hard way...