xisto Community
web_designer

Where Are You Trappers?

What Simpleton said.GUESS WHAT. I'm BACK!
:)

And I love you all for staying with trap and are teh same people that I first met when I was confused about everything and stuff. :)
It's so great to be back. I hope I'll be able to learn how to program for real finally and stuff. Had some bad news about my site, but there is nothing I can do about it now :/
So yeah.

Reallly realllly reallly reallly sucks.

But anyways. :/ I reckon people that have stayed at trap for some time will always come back to trap... like me, and I always will, I think. :)

Wooho! Another member came back to forum, It's really a good thing -- but It really sucks when they make a post like "I'm Back!" or something and then the next thing you know, they're gone again. :P I hope you can stay with us. ;)

And I love you all for staying with trap and are teh same people that I first met when I was confused about everything and stuff. :)
It's so great to be back. I hope I'll be able to learn how to program for real finally and stuff. Had some bad news about my site, but there is nothing I can do about it now :/
So yeah.

But anyways. :/ I reckon people that have stayed at trap for some time will always come back to trap... like me, and I always will, I think. :)

Hi nameless, yeah your site is no more accessible :( really must be feeling bad.....hopefully, you will be able to put it up again, wish you good luck :)
and also, now we will get to see some posting competitions going on between you and the simpleton :P:lol:
but, he is in lead now, so, you will have to work much much harder, also, considering the fact that forum is almost dead and posting here is no more same which was one year back :P

So yeah.

hey another old member is coming back :) great news, can't be more happier :P . welcomeback nameless, i really hope you can keep on posting and be active again. because this forum needs its loyal members. and don't be upset because of your site, as soon as you start posting regularly everything gonna be fine. good luck and waiting for more posts from you :).

Good to see nameless. Missed ya here and on mylot. Finally someone is back to eat my brain cells. Keep up with your new topics and posts. And hey mycents update made such poor update that character count is not going to help. So just post without worrying about it. Anyway, that you will get it later on. Have fun on forums. ;)

OK...
I reckon we should address this major issue: that Xisto is dead? And many members that were once very active is now longer active?
Yeah, I know it sucks when some old member comes back and says... "I'm Back!" and then leaves again. :P I think I was a culprit a couple of times myself (not neccessarily on this site), but thats not the point.
I think the main reason why this forum is dead is because people coming here aren't really enjoying it somehow? And the reason why old members come back is because they remember the site Xisto used to be, but now that they've come back, they realised that nothing has changed since they left it. (Like... it was dead when they left it and now its still dead)

I don't know... I think its the vibe that it gives off, because there was this time when I was posting, and I started to realise that there werent any good topics to post about, despite my never ending question asking. There were also some problems with copyright or something or rather when Opaque put up this logo about Creative Commons license of whatever at the bottom of the page, as well as the mycents issue that everyone is talking about... where old members get less mycents. :/ I don't see what that does, because after a while, it just prompts old members to create new accounts, or drives them away (like it did to a number of members that were very active last year). And yes, this is true, because I know that I find it harder to earn mycents now as well, after a few months of fulling posting on the forums every single night.

I think... that if the admins addressed this issue, then members would actually come AND stay... that is, the mycents issue. Also, not to mention that now that the domain has changed... I don't know if it affects google's ranking or whatever, but that might also be a factor of why we find less members coming here every day, because the main page is no longer this text page on free hosting, but some random flash... which I think again it also turns members off. (well, it did turn me off. :P I was like... what the hell happened to Xisto?)

And yeah. Theres a also the problem that this forum includes a huge variety of topics. :/ If you look at very popular forums, they only talk about one and only one topic, where the members have one common interest. On the other hand, this forum emcompasses a whole lot of interests, which turns us off, because usually we only like one or two things...

So thats probably all the reasons why Xisto isn't working at the moment. :/

And hey mycents update made such poor update that character count is not going to help. So just post without worrying about it. Anyway, that you will get it later on. Have fun on forums.

@mahesh2k: What do you mean by this? I'm confused.

And haha... who also came back?

@mahesh2k: What do you mean by this? I'm confused.

I was pointing you towards new mycents which rewards less and it doesn't take character count into mind. It just randomly assigns mycent value to our post based on page value and other factors. I hope you remember old things in mycent in some other discussions. It's all changed now for worst.

That sucks. :( Well, if this is randomly assigned, then how are the new members getting more mycents than us? Unless the "randomness" of this includes a range of mycents that can be given to "new members" and another smaller range of mycents that can only be given to "old members"? People were already disagreeing on the mycents system since last year, when it was found that old members get less than new members, but at least the character count thing was... fair-ish? Like... the amount of work you put in equals to the amount of reward that you get. If they also took that off.... well... that really sucks. Why aren't the admins listening to the wants of their members? It's not like we are being too demanding or something. :/ Also. :P Just on a side note, my mycents haven't changed since yesterday. :/ Maybe they have problems with updating or adding mycents as well.

Mycents are updating alternate day and are supposed to update yesterday i.e. saturday. I don't know what is wrong with cron script. Maybe it'll update at say 3:00pm as per GMT+5:30 zone if opaque comes online as usual. Anyway, this whole thing is just gross instead of complaining for it just post on topics or create more topics. It wastes a lot of our time by asking admins about it. I know opaque is busy in life and work but he can always keep things moving here and go offline or get busy again.

Maybe. But then... he's not doing well for his forum if he doesn't listen to his peoples complains.... :/ But anyways. On a side note... what does this mean? You can make 39 more posts until Today, 09:38 PM.I kinda noticed it and I was like... what? :( Is there some new regulation or something?

Maybe. But then... he's not doing well for his forum if he doesn't listen to his peoples complains.... :/ But anyways. On a side note... what does this mean?
You can make 39 more posts until Today, 09:38 PM.

I kinda noticed it and I was like... what? :( Is there some new regulation or something?

Yes you have posting limitation here from now on. You can only make 50 posts here at Xisto. Earlier this limit was on 25 posts and glad it was raised to 50 posts. If you have anything to say that doesn't get mycent then it is better to say it in status update because 50 posts are valuable when we really need it in high traffic forum posting which kinda rare here these days.

You can make 39 more posts until Today, 09:38 PM.
I kinda noticed it and I was like... what? :( Is there some new regulation or something?

Yeah nameless, you guessed it right, its a new rule, now, members are allowed to post maximum 51 posts in 24 hours :(
But, the good news is, you don't have to worry about this new rule as posting even half of the posts is quite difficult these days, then you can imagine how difficult it will be to post all 51 posts in 24 hours, quite impossible considering the activity in the forum :P:(
Although, if this rule would have been introduced almost a year back, then to an extent, could have hurt a lot of members, but not now...........wish things will be changed again :)

Yes you have posting limitation here from now on. You can only make 50 posts here at Xisto. Earlier this limit was on 25 posts and glad it was raised to 50 posts. If you have anything to say that doesn't get mycent then it is better to say it in status update because 50 posts are valuable when we really need it in high traffic forum posting which kinda rare here these days.

hmmm.........I wasn't aware if there was anything like this earlier also :( I was thinking that this limit is introduced in Xisto only......I am really feeling ashamed now :( :(

hmmm.........I wasn't aware if there was anything like this earlier also :( I was thinking that this limit is introduced in Xisto only......I am really feeling ashamed now :( :(

yes this limit is started from new KS. And it is 51 actually. But due to our activity it always seen at 50 somehow. I don't know why and i don't want to give pain in brain for this forum issues. all is broken here anyway. :D

yes this limit is started from new KS. And it is 51 actually. But due to our activity it always seen at 50 somehow. I don't know why and i don't want to give pain in brain for this forum issues. all is broken here anyway. :D

Wow... what's with all the new regulations and stuff. :P But yeah, like you said... I don't think anyone needs it anyway, since theres not a lot of posts lately. :P Opaque must be scared of spam or something, though I've never seen it in here anyway, due to nice members like us. :) Haha. Oh well, that's good though. I was thinking it's a limit per month or something, and I won't be able to post anymore until next month. :)

So that's a relief for me.

Wow... what's with all the new regulations and stuff. :P But yeah, like you said... I don't think anyone needs it anyway, since theres not a lot of posts lately. :P Opaque must be scared of spam or something, though I've never seen it in here anyway, due to nice members like us. :) Haha. Oh well, that's good though. I was thinking it's a limit per month or something, and I won't be able to post anymore until next month. :)
So that's a relief for me.

If we get more posts = we get more mycents. And with those mycents, we are ripping off money from Xisto - Web Hosting, so its better we have less mycents, less posts. But thats what i don't get, if there are more posts, doesn't opaque get more money from ads? :wacko: Well, no one has reached 50 before, i think simpleton got until 35 or 45 but he couldn't finish it.

Either way, I haven't seen the "you can only post 50 posts until (this time)" for a long time now, for more than a month. Hmm... come to think about it, I haven't seen it since I became a KS/Trap graphics member... maybe that disables it or something. Haha, it's funny I just realize that now. Hmm... now to make alot of posts and get to 51 and laugh at the rest of you... in my dreams. :D