xisto Community
web_designer

Where Are You Trappers?

In short life, I been here a good five years, through many changes, updates, new people coming in and old people leaving. To be honest why I left, the complaining and lack of patience, and the school yard fights between members. When I first joined it was mostly teenagers who were here, heck 95% of the members are teenagers, of course the smart ones grow up and go to school and get off the internet. Although my other theory are social networking websites and Google being able to answer all your questions.Still am surprise I am a Mod, granted I did the duties as such but the I use to have is no longer there.Granted I have enough MyCents were I don't have to ever come back for good decade so there is that too.

I always want to be active at Xisto.. but couldn't find time to come and post here.. and more interestingly I don't have access to internet...Some some times I'm logging in here but I didn't find any topics that interests me to give reply. So, simply I'm just browsing KS and leaving.. :unsure:

I always want to be active at Xisto.. but couldn't find time to come and post here.. and more interestingly I don't have access to internet...Some some times I'm logging in here but I didn't find any topics that interests me to give reply. So, simply I'm just browsing KS and leaving.. :unsure:

:) So you are back ? hows life and since when yo got time for Xisto ? :D Welcome back Xpress.

Looks like thread is going on and on with no admin noticing it. I guess only way to earn mycent is 3 days out of 7 because mycents are updated alternate days and 1 day always remain stuck. This is not changing and there is no point in arguing among ourselves without any admin update. So have fun with posting guys.

:) So you are back ? hows life and since when yo got time for Xisto ? :D Welcome back Xpress.

Hmmm... Not yet mahesh. Posting here with friend's internet connection.. May be it will take one month for me to get a new internet connection. After that I will be active at Xisto....

Life is going.. left old PHP developer job, now again in search.. And thanks for your welcome :)

I am not aware of anything happening at Xisto mycent updates etc.. hope everything is going fine with all trappers.. :P

Hm. I'm not sure about Xisto but it is definitely less active than Xisto. I'm a little disappointed because I was looking forward to responding to more topics.

Xisto is less active than Xisto?!?! :o That's definitely a new low...

OMG! I checked it, Xisto IS more active than Xisto! 3 users online...and a MOD!!! Now, That's something you have to think about... :)

Xisto is less active than Xisto?!?! :o That's definitely a new low...

OMG! I checked it, Xisto IS more active than Xisto! 3 users online...and a MOD!!! Now, That's something you have to think about... :)

Yordan is online most of the times. I mean atleast every alternate day if not everyday. There are less discussions than Xisto but new users are preferring Xisto over KS. I don't know maybe due to lack of activity and broken forum could be one reason they do that. As i unable to access the asta from dialup i rarely join it unless i get fast internet hotspot.

The big secret of Xisto is cooperation. The advantage of Xisto is that on Xisto the members and the moderators work together. The members help eachother. There is no hating. There is an atmosphere of giving good and helpfull information and advice about interesting topics. And the moderation is of a very high and friendly level.

OMG! I checked it, Xisto IS more active than Xisto! 3 users online...and a MOD!!! Now, That's something you have to think about...

what?? :o really??
oh this is more sad and disappointed :( . and things seem more worse than they look. it really hard to hear that. when i registered in this forum, it was so active, about ten times than now. i hope things will return back as they were before.

what?? :o really??

oh this is more sad and disappointed :( . and things seem more worse than they look. it really hard to hear that. when i registered in this forum, it was so active, about ten times than now. i hope things will return back as they were before.

the truth is that Xisto was already down by the time you joined (when I joined too, for that matter :D )... there was some insane activity on Trap back in the days to have soooo many members, posts and threads... go the internet archives and check the members online at like 2005-07. It's just crazy when you compare it...

the truth is that Xisto was already down by the time you joined (when I joined too, for that matter :D )... there was some insane activity on Trap back in the days to have soooo many members, posts and threads... go the internet archives and check the members online at like 2005-07. It's just crazy when you compare it...

That's true. At that time opaque used to be active here atleast alternate days or on weekends. You can assume that this forum is slowly dying. Only mycent earners will keep it active for sometime. I remember when there used to be atleast 10 users active on chat and more than 20 or so on forums. Even though mycents system is so flexible new people are not coming here after reading these threads and slow mycent updates. I'm sure many new people after posting 50 posts or so left this place.

thats true I mean its been about six months since you made this thread and i see things have deteriorated even further. I come on line and you only find posts from month back its like there arent any people coming on the forums anymore. I remeber a peroid you couldnt keep up with threads and responses to threads. Now its like you meet someone saying they just signed up in introductions and then a week later you ain seeing them no more it makes me wonder if there arent any peole wanting to get into the web hosting and domains thingy. Surely people who joined to set up their sites need to come back and post so they can pay for their hosting. Maybe the whole Mycents thingy going down every now and again is putting people off. I know you all may respond saying it isnt down but i swear theres somthing wrong some where and it must affect those who are living on month by month basis in terms of paying for hosting. Eg someone who posts about 2$ worth of posts every month just to cover the monthly 1.95 charge. Then you find the mycents hasnt updated which is does sometimes similar to my last few posts which didnt update the mycents for three weeks. It wa sonly when I wrote to Support asking what was happening that they updated in the morning. I was told they updated every 4 hours and updated billing every 24 hours but I if you look right now I have posted 8 times and these are fairly long posts in the last 48 hours and stil there has been no update to mycents. Basically I have been checking the progress and posting a further 4 and this being the fifth post but no the mycents aint gone up. Then what I fiund frustrating is I will get a dollar or two for material I used to get 4 or five dollars for. Its as if they wont update till you complain and they wont admit there is something wrong with the mycents script. Its as if they wil give me just a few cents to shut me up from making further complaints. Thing is I have been with KS for so long and it does not put me off Xisto, but just frustrates me. I bet whe I email support complaining they will say sorry Mandla Everything looks fine, your mycents updated look and fo some reason they will have updated. I know this is a manual thing they have done because there are times I spend a month without my cents going up by a single 00.01 mycent then soon after mailing the Support team they will update and claim everything is fine in the Mycents scritp and its running perfectly. I hate it cause its not nice to con a long suffering me lol.Im just saying maybe this is one of the things that have been frustrating users. Most people dont know how to handle the MYcents issue or who to turn to , to get things sorted. So theyt just stop coming cause theres no point. Hopefully if the script is fixed like it used to be ages ago when it first started and would update every couple of hours and youd have ready my CENTS that will make people come back and stay because they will be seeing the results of their posts. Waiting endlessly for results for their posts puts people off i can tell you. Its only die hards lie Me, anwii, Sky, Web_designer and others who I havent mentioned who dont mind returning regad=rdless of the problems Xisto goes through cause we all love it here for whatever reasons we have. Hopefully things will get better and people will return and improve

this is what i hope too mandla. things here unfortunately are dying . and after reading what mahesh said i even feel more depressed and wish i was with you all here in those active days. but as you i will still hope that everything will return to normal i mean like the old days of Xisto and new members will come and stick in here. like i did :D, not post a ten, five or even three posts and disappear.

this is what i hope too mandla. things here unfortunately are dying . and after reading what mahesh said i even feel more depressed and wish i was with you all here in those active days. but as you i will still hope that everything will return to normal i mean like the old days of Xisto and new members will come and stick in here. like i did :D, not post a ten, five or even three posts and disappear.

Problem

It seems a problem is tackled in this topic. Some members seem to be sad about the present situation of the forum and the way the forum went the last six months.

Solution

The same members who mention the problem own the solution. The solution to let the forum be an attractive place to be for surfers of the internet lays in the hands of the members who have been posting in this topic.

The members make this forum

The user web_designer showed some amazing and appreciated positive and warm attitude in the forum. And according to this topic and the posts in this topic web_designer seems to like the forum. And web_designer seems to care about the forum for some reason. One way of putting positive energy in the forum might be to continue to be positive and to keep on posting positive messages in the forum. This is probably one of the main reasons why people will like to join the forum, become a member, post in the forum and stay posting.

Positiveness and a happy attitude in the posts is probably one of the main attractions of the forum. So the solution to get more members, more interesting posts and more people joining the knowledgesutre forum community is to be an example of a positive and happy contributor.

This post is made by Eza.

Edited by Eza (see edit history)

The same members who mention the problem own the solution. The solution to let the forum be an attractive place to be for surfers of the internet lays in the hands of the members who have been posting in this topic.

Old members are getting less than 10 cents per reply irrespective of word count and the age of topic. We old members did a lot of supportive posting and for that atleast i'm getting less mycents than i think my post should get. So i give up. I have to look at my plate for food and question forum authority instead of pretending all is well. After reading these threads about mycent value in recent updates and how current forum is going on i doubt any newbie will waste time here.

Atleast i think that old members are not supposed to be treated like this by giving less mycents as post count increases. Owner knows that we're not ripping him off anyway.