xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
rob86

Why Can't I Edit Posts Anymore? Post editing is no longer working.

Strange, for years Opera had a spell checker and I always used it, Firefox and Safari seems ti have it too, or a lot of whom are using IE here?The only thing I hate about spell checking on a browser, that it's strict English or other language, sometimes I would like to have a feature like I could choose several languages and it would automatically understand in what language I'm writing, as I can write in three languages, it's usually doesn't look good for me when I write in other language than English, all the words are underlined :P So when writing something more serious in other language, I too use Open Office :P

Well mostly i'm using my old sony ericsson phone to post, so i won't touch office applications here. And it already have the T9 thingy so i won't have to afraid of typo problem, since this thing can only write english when activated :P

What? There's a limit to edit your posts now? Really? Argh! :P Panic! Nah, it's fine. I usually check all my spelling before I post. Not sure about grammar though, I was never one that has good grammar and punctuation. I think I use the "..." feature a bit too much....But anyway, I guess it's still good, I don't really mind it, but I really don't know why Opaque would put such a thing in place. I don't really understand why. Oh well, I guess it's hats of the the administrators as they know what is for the best. :D Just don't keep the limits so short that it's only like, one second or something!Edit: Yes!!! I'm editing this!!! :P It will probably be my last edit ever, but anyway. Just read the second page of the post. I never knew you could earn more with the editing. :D I always thought that you would earn less with the editing penalty, but I guess I was wrong. Anyhow, it's bad how us loyal and rule-keeping members have to suffer what spammers do.... :DBut anyway... I guess things may turn for the better in the future, and like many of the members said, it would be great if there are a "spammers" group and a regular "members" group so we don't get mixed up and so that us regular members can edit our posts if we need to.

Edited by Nameless_ (see edit history)

It's going to be Think before you post now. If minor typos and grammar correction is there then it will be either adjusted by other members while reading or you have 10 minutes to fix this. :P. I don't know why time limit was applied at first place. Any reason for that one ?

It's going to be Think before you post now. If minor typos and grammar correction is there then it will be either adjusted by other members while reading or you have 10 minutes to fix this. :P . I don't know why time limit was applied at first place. Any reason for that one ?

It's because Opaque said that people were editing their posts to earn more myCENTS (as a cheating way) or something like that, so he had to put a time limit that will not let you edit your posts after a period of time. In this time, myCENTS will not have a chance to update quick enough so people won't be able to edit their posts AFTER their myCENTS have updated and then earn more myCENTS as a cheating way. :P

But then, I never really used the edit function (perhaps I should've. :D) and I am usually alright with grammar and typos, so it should be alright.

Like others said, having 2 minutes of time to edit our posts is not a good idea. 2 minutes is not enough for anything. That will increase the double posts when someone wants to add something to their posts(which is against rules). The time limit should be increased.

Like others said, having 2 minutes of time to edit our posts is not a good idea. 2 minutes is not enough for anything. That will increase the double posts when someone wants to add something to their posts(which is against rules). The time limit should be increased.

It has been increased to 10 minutes :P

spammer scum ruined it for everyone. i hope they are reading this to know how low they areand opaque already knows the inconvenience of his decision to reduce edit time to 10 minutes(heck....at first it was 2 minutes) but he has no other way to control these spammer scums for the time being to offer the mycent system fairly to everyone without being screwed over himself at the same time.in my opinion, this is nothing more than STEALING. the people who did this were cold hearted theives.they are lucky i don't know who they are....i would have more than a few words to say...this is just like saint michael having to adjust the voting results because the scum want to take advantage of a system that has always treated them fairly. i always knew it, but i always hate being a part of the bad apples that sory of spoil the bunch.now when new users sign up, they will never know the advantages of what we had before.....before the scum came along and ruined it. hey scum! why don't you think of other ways you can ruin it or everyone!

Well that is 10 Minutes now. Besides, even if we get that much time my typos will remain there sometimes. Can't help it. :)

@Nameless_, you are regularly blogging. Maybe that's why taking care of typos i think.

Well that is 10 Minutes now. Besides, even if we get that much time my typos will remain there sometimes. Can't help it. :(

@Nameless_, you are regularly blogging. Maybe that's why taking care of typos i think.

Perhaps, but I think it was the same before I started blogging, however. :P But a blog post takes ages to write. It isn't like a forum reply or anything like that, because you can just start typing without know where you will end. :) I tend to edit and edit and edit my blog posts a lot, so I guess all the typos will be fixed by the time I get it up on the site. But I mean, typos still happen, and sometimes you just can't stop them from happening. There was a period, if I remember, where I had lots of typos that kept coming and I had to stop and edit my posts and that took a long time because of that. Practice makes perfect, but usually I won't edit a post just for a typo, unless it changes the whole meaning, like "not" and "now", which are rather similar in the typing, and it can change what the sentence say a hundred and eighty degrees around. :P

Ten minutes is still a short time, because sometimes I post, then I go somewhere else to post, and them I come back again and "DING!", the ten minutes is up. I don't edit my typos though. I sometimes need it to add some one material to it (not in a cheating way), but that is really quite rare. :D

I don't usually notice the edit button, but not that it's gone, I am starting to miss it a lot.

what has happened to me now, i will go ahead and take advantage of the edit time but i fail to press submit to my full edit before the time is up :) oh well. i'm not even going to try to edit my posts anymore 2 OR 10 minutes.sometimes i feel like going back and rereading my posts and want to delete a whole segment of my post for whatever reason. this change is harsher for me than others because i tend to have a mouth on me sometimes where i really do need to reread and delete part of my post because the heat of the moment. that i feel sometimes when writing a post or if i reread something where i feel i was just a little too harsh so i edit the tonei'm have never wrote a post in an editor first, and then copy and paste. that is just stupid in my opinion. it's not time efficient at all and if changes like this is going to occur, then i suspect i be be more suspect for warnings......but....whatever....

Use a browser with a spell checker in the text area.. Also there is a Preview button, to preview your post before posting.. I think we are just used to push the submit button and later have the ability to edit it, with time that habit will change..But for example, then writing a longer reply, you see that somebody already answered the question before you or added a similar reply answering or asking a question :) That's also sometimes annoying though :DSo taking time to previewing, to spell checking might make your post also needless :( but it's a forum, so who cares, it's better quality posts than full of grammar mistakes and etc.

Use a browser with a spell checker in the text area.. Also there is a Preview button, to preview your post before posting.. I think we are just used to push the submit button and later have the ability to edit it, with time that habit will change..
But for example, then writing a longer reply, you see that somebody already answered the question before you or added a similar reply answering or asking a question :) That's also sometimes annoying though :P

So taking time to previewing, to spell checking might make your post also needless :D but it's a forum, so who cares, it's better quality posts than full of grammar mistakes and etc.

That may be alright if people just wanted to edit one or two letters, but for anwii, I don't really think he cares about spelling or grammar. :D He just want to get his point across and that is all. Look at his posts. Most of the time his posts are the longest, with whole paragraphs and takes up half of the whole entire page. :D

In the middle of posting, it is easy to get carried away and post some arguments that you may not agree on later on, or miss out on something that is very crucial to your argument. Editing allows your posts to be edited and refined, and I think anwii needs that a lot. :(

But anyway, I guess it can't be helped, thanks to those cheaters. :P