xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
The Simpleton

Mininova Bites The Dust!

Yup, so many people would not know what to do with themselves if these torrent sites get terminated. It's kind of sad to know that there are so many pirates in the world and almost everyone takes advantage of these things. On the other hand, it's liberating to know that we, the ordinary people of the world would do everything in our power to get a taste of the products these business titans has to offer without the unreasonable, massive cost. :)

I think the real "pirates", i.e. the people who put the content up on the net, won't be affected very seriously. It is the downloader who will be at a loss to search for good locations to download his content from. The uploaders will be welcomed everywhere because people are hungry for more content. But the downloaders may not be welcome in private sites and some other places - it is them that this decision affects the most - mininova was a great tracking site and people used to get whatever they wanted from it. It was so infamous that it appeared in every article about online piracy. That's why its closure is making so much news.

I did see this on there website yesterday. I bet the owners and regular up-loaders are very annoyed with this and may think to going to Piratebay or ISO hunt. I want to know why Demonoid is taking so long to get back up. Anyway I am sure Mininova will just create a sister site or something using the same old DB therefore bypassing the Court order to remove the torrents.

am i the only person using bit torrent junkie? it has always satisfied my needs. i wouldn't be too worried about mininova because the past always dictates that when a popular site goes down, one always comes along to take it's place so bfd....wxyz

I did see this on there website yesterday. I bet the owners and regular up-loaders are very annoyed with this and may think to going to Piratebay or ISO hunt. I want to know why Demonoid is taking so long to get back up. Anyway I am sure Mininova will just create a sister site or something using the same old DB therefore bypassing the Court order to remove the torrents.

I used to use Demonoid everyday but now I used TorrentZilla, ISO Hunt, Piratebay & Google :). I never really used Mininova I found to many virus's, Dead torrents and just an overall crap mark :o.

am i the only person using bit torrent junkie? it has always satisfied my needs. i wouldn't be too worried about mininova because the past always dictates that when a popular site goes down, one always comes along to take it's place so bfd....wxyz

You are not alone. :P

I used to use Torrent Finder as a meta-crawler, but since BTJunkie comes up first, I end up using just BTJunkie anyway.

Anyone ever use PizzaTorrent? It's shut down now, but it was my favourite. I'm surprised it wasn't more popular. It had the nicest and fastest interface, and found even the most rare things I could think of. Too bad they shut down. I would use btjunkie now if I was going to download something, but I still miss PT.

All the pirates lately claim that they'll never be caught, due to the fact that once one site goes down, they just open up more. To tell you the truth, online pirating is never going to stop. I caught a virus from a torrent, so I've quit downloading since. I just use youtube now. Very easy. Anyways, if you want a free song, just look up "free download of whatever". I'll admit, I've done that a few times. I was pretty desperate that day.

All the pirates lately claim that they'll never be caught, due to the fact that once one site goes down, they just open up more. To tell you the truth, online pirating is never going to stop. I caught a virus from a torrent, so I've quit downloading since. I just use youtube now. Very easy.
Anyways, if you want a free song, just look up "free download of whatever". I'll admit, I've done that a few times. I was pretty desperate that day.

This is why commenting is important to the community and anti-virus and anti-malware is a must. If you're going to be jumping out of a plane, best be sporting a parachute AND a backup... know what I mean? :P Then you either tell people that skydiving is fun or scary as hell and that your parachute worked (or not, inadvertently with your obituary or hospital guests :P ). Word gets around, the good parachutes are used and the bad ones left behind, and if skydiving is for you, you'll continue to do it. If not, others will try it out and either continue or quit. If you have a bad experience, it's your choice whether to chalk it up to eventual incidence and keep truckin' or quit it and leave it forever.

Mininova is down, Pirates bay is also not worth it then where are these guys hanging out sharing all their stuff ? Private torrent sites or demonoid like clone sites ? Where are those who have bandwidth and sharing stuff ?

That's cruel of the Dutch! But there are always other sites to chose from to download torrents like demonoid , piratbyran , etc. And also thepiratbay was only down for a few hours , now it is back up online..

Well, to add my two cents about the torrent sites, it's the people who are putting stuff on a tracker and are seeding them is the most important, when a tracker dies or something like that, those people don't die, they just move somewhere else, so I doubt it's something serious, even though I use to use mininova to download tv series they don't show in my country, they don't sell on DVD and they call my a pirate?Besides I don't watch TV, as I learn in university, I work and only when I have some spear time, I can turn on and watch the movie or an episode without any commercials and with the capability to do a pause whenever I want, I don't like the fact that tv series and movies are so important to make them illegal, even though I know that it costs money to create them.. But if I go to cinema twice a year, it doesn't mean I will go three times a year if I won't be able to watch it on my computer, I just will find something else to do. :PIt's a pity mininova bites the dust, it was a good tracker.

Torrent websites will never die, thank god :P. All they can do is shut them down temporarily but because it's so many of them , the closed one will just change name , host and voila , back in business.ThePirateBay ALMOST got closed alot of times but now it's still alive and working great like always.It's a great source of music , movies and games in poor countries where a game can reach up to 10% of a normal salary.Even So.. On the other side everyone needs to think that if no one buys the original and just keeps downloading from warez sites , the companies that produce video game or the bands who release albums will stop doing so , without a profit!It's a two way street..on short term it's a great thing but on the long run.. we can lose more :P

Edited by Strikee (see edit history)