xisto Community
FouGilang

Windows 7 Freezes (again)

i dunno if it just me or it's another microsoft fault, but when i put that "a lot of windows 7 freeze", i got a hell lot of similar problem without any success repair reported :)the problem is friggin FREEZE (yeah, you read it right). i don't care about 7 being a brand new microsoft's innovation or whatever, it is freezing me out like crazy and getting worse, and worse, and worse, by every time i use it (i assume that it will be ruined my pc in about 24x7 hours) :ooh, and if you ask me when it freeze, i would say it freeze anytime, at random. it can be such a sexy, smooth like a jet plane, yet it can be such a disaster, freezes up to 2 minutes to wait by every minutes. i have bored with that box saying "Microsoft Windows : The application is not responding. The program may respond again if you wait. Do you want to end this process?" hell yeah, end the process! (and the windows will be stuck, freezing with that transparent gray screen...) :Dhave you guys experience this? i would like to know how you go through this thing. i simply cannot continue my work in windows 7 (reverted back to xp and ubuntu, fortunately they are still there) :D

i dunno if it just me or it's another microsoft fault, but when i put that "a lot of windows 7 freeze", i got a hell lot of similar problem without any success repair reported :)
the problem is friggin FREEZE (yeah, you read it right). i don't care about 7 being a brand new microsoft's innovation or whatever, it is freezing me out like crazy and getting worse, and worse, and worse, by every time i use it (i assume that it will be ruined my pc in about 24x7 hours) :o
oh, and if you ask me when it freeze, i would say it freeze anytime, at random. it can be such a sexy, smooth like a jet plane, yet it can be such a disaster, freezes up to 2 minutes to wait by every minutes. i have bored with that box saying "Microsoft Windows : The application is not responding. The program may respond again if you wait. Do you want to end this process?" hell yeah, end the process! (and the windows will be stuck, freezing with that transparent gray screen...) :D

have you guys experience this? i would like to know how you go through this thing. i simply cannot continue my work in windows 7 (reverted back to xp and ubuntu, fortunately they are still there) :D

oh geez windows 7 is also not stable?!! lol!

honestly im not surprised, microsoft has a way of dishing out software they aint finished creating then smash bugs after making sales, which suck as i feel its more like cheating the customer.

try not to run so many programs mate. how much is your ram? before i slam microsoft like im known to do (lol) it might be your ram actually, the specs of your pc might have a lot to do with your computer freezing.

Ram?I have 4gb of ram in dual mode, and they never happened to have issues in xp (except that booting time issue, i don't know what it boot anyway...) and ubuntu (except for playing games...). Do you really think it want more? :)

I have not experienced this sort of problem at all, but I do have a slightly similar issue. Windows 7 itself runs like a charm, but it doesn't seem to play nicely with some programs. Firefox 3.5.5 loves to become unresponsive at times and Fallout 3 likes to crash randomly... not often, but enough to bug me when I'm in the middle of a quest and I don't save it after playing it for 20 minutes. Firefox, strangely, doesn't crash... it just becomes unresponsive. Microsoft PowerPoint (from Office XP) also doesn't play nicely, sometimes crawling with a 2.13GHz dual core processor and 4GB of RAM. (That's rather unacceptable... and I'd hate to have to upgrade to Office 2007, although OpenOffice may be a foreseeable replacement.)Other than those minor issues, Windows 7 seems to run pretty damn well in my book, up to par with XP and much, much better than the sluggish feel of Vista.Do you think that it might be your programs that aren't playing nicely with Windows 7 or vice versa? Maybe you're attempting to run Windows 7 on a machine that theoretically is able to run it, but shouldn't be? Performance benchmarks suggest that W7 is comparable with XP in almost every performance test (except for networking, which W7 completely kills XP with awesome figures), but I don't know if W7 taxes a machine more than XP would. Try running your programs in a compatibility mode or run them under XP mode to see if that works without the frequent freezing and crashing.Like I said, W7 is pretty solid in my book. For an initial release, it's pretty damn good, considering that I usually wait until SP2 to expect it to work quasi-flawlessly. :)

Edited by rayzoredge (see edit history)

I've never heard of anyone reporting such a problem till now so I'm sorry to say that it appears the problem lies with your computer configuration :) No matter how fast it may be than Vista, 7 still needs a lot of RAM to run smoothly and without it you're constantly reminded of Vista!

It must be your computer, I am running windows 7 it has never frozen or crashed for me yet. What is your CPU & How much RAM do you have?, Also get the desktop cpu thing and adverage your ram and CPU. It must be your computer as it has never crashed on BETA nor Ultimate which I am running now.

No, i think it's not my computer. I've tried win7 since rc periodically, and now i use win7 ultimate. After those 'smooth days' like 3-5 days, my win7 start to randomly freezes. I said it 'freeze', not 'crash'.Those who tried 7 must know that white transparent screen when your programs not responding. It is like that, but worse. i can't click anything, can't alt-tab, can't open tasK manager. simply everything in my screen is not responding >.>At first i thought it was because those tune up thingy, so i re-installed. But sadly it doesn't solve anything though.First it just fire fox, then open office, then internet download manager, then yahoo messenger, then almost everything have 'not responding' issue. I have 4gb of ram, intel 2 duo @2.20g, ati radeon x600 cardAny suggestion?

Well your computer isn't lacking resources. what about partitions? when you installed it did you have any partitions in your HD with files on it? imo it's best to reformat everything including those partitions.

Ah, i think i found the problem: program compatibility issueIt didn't happen when i just 'power on my computer and browse the web', but when i started to do my works, it went to not responding. I don't know if it true and which one cause the problem though, i guess I'll have to do through check whatever application running when the system goes white again I'll see it for some days beforE claim victory

Hmm so you're running a program that 7 doesn't support? I've never seen that problem occur before....if you find out what that program is you could try using compatibility mode, isn't it? Well I hope you find the fix soon :)

program compatibility issue

IS a problem of Microsoft. If we can't run Firefox properly without it becoming unresponsive, then Windows 7 has a BIG problem.Am I too nasty-minded to think this wouldn't be unintentional? Because I mean, you can have some drawbacks running ol' Office 97, or even Firefox 1.0, but you can't have problems running Firefox 3.5.5
I believe it's a coward way of trying to draw some people back to junky Internet Explorer