xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
The Simpleton

How Would You Feel If All Your Posts On T17 Suddenly Disappeared?!

NO, that's not going to happen because there are frequent backups done and a lot of other precautions so no need to worry about it in real, but just imagine how it would feel if all the posts you made till today just disappeared suddenly ---- it takes a lot of effort to make the posts and everyone knows how significant they are towards our hosting accounts. So could you please sum up, preferably in 2-3 sentences, what your reaction would be if such a situation were to take place???

By 2-3 sentences? Ok then, let's just assume that our money in billing and mycents also disappeared along with the posts :)I'll be like gazing to the stars in the sky, distracted for a while and thinking "oh my god, why is this happening? :sob: ". Minute later, i'll contact the support to check my account and forums to check wether it is only me or there's another 'victim', if there is, i would like to "phew, at least it's not only happened to me :D ". Then I'll pray for my money to be back just as before :(

i would slit my throat :] jk.

it would be a lost. i would probably give up on Xisto.

because i just love to have high posts counts :]

nuthertheless i would... fast from forums in recognition of the great tragedy of Xisto xD

that's three to four? didn't want to go over .

oh wait two to three? D:<

two to three sentences? i can sum it up in two words. "WHO CARES". first of all, it is never gonna happen unless trap shuts down. second of all, if it DOES happen, WHO CARES! tomorrow brings another day and another 15 posts from you, maybe 10 from nameless, 5 or so from me, etc. life will go on. trust me...

NO, that's not going to happen because there are frequent backups done and a lot of other precautions so no need to worry about it in real, but just imagine how it would feel if all the posts you made till today just disappeared suddenly ---- it takes a lot of effort to make the posts and everyone knows how significant they are towards our hosting accounts. So could you please sum up, preferably in 2-3 sentences, what your reaction would be if such a situation were to take place???

Lol anwii I simply love it when you reply to my threads :( That's a pretty good reply but would you really not care if your 960 posts were to disappear?! That's a pretty huge number and you've put a lot of effort into making those posts over three years and yet you wouldn't care?! :)

@FouGilang and kittycatlover763: I guess my reply will be similar to yours too! That shock would simply be too much!

in 2 to 3 sentences i think i should tell you more than thatfirst i will get my jaw touch the ground then get it back near my nose and then start abusing Xisto and then ask them to get it back and to give every one 20 $ for free and i know this not goin to happen but think if it will happen then will be a good thing for me as i can register more domains from here and then also call the xisto and ask shree as why these is happening and ask him to start all over and if possible then make me mod this time so that i can post as many as i can and make this forum rocking all again and also not to forget i will ask nameless and anwii and the simpleton to lerme post for a while and climb in top posters as if these are going to post then i am surely be at the bottom dude...so lets think it should happen benefit for all

in 2 to 3 sentencesi think i should tell you more than that
first i will get my jaw touch the ground then get it back near my nose and then start abusing Xisto and then ask them to get it back and to give every one 20 $ for free and i know this not goin to happen but think if it will happen then will be a good thing for me as i can register more domains from here and then also call the xisto and ask shree as why these is happening and ask him to start all over and if possible then make me mod this time so that i can post as many as i can and make this forum rocking all again and also not to forget i will ask nameless and anwii and the simpleton to lerme post for a while and climb in top posters as if these are going to post then i am surely be at the bottom dude...
so lets think it should happen benefit for all

that was not a pleasing answer and wasn't necessary at all :) Well I should blame myself for creating such a thread in the first place... but I feel you shouldn't go ahead and start abusing Xisto even if such a thing happens (which will NOT, NEVER, EVER happen!) Even if Xisto were to reset my post count to zero, I would get a bit mad but wouldn't blame trap - it has hosted my first website and I'll forever remain in its debt for that.

I'm on similar lines as on anwii. Who cares for our posts ? I mean we write some suggestion and advice and after that the person for whom we wrote that is out of forum. Once our suggestion and advice is used. Words are only accessed by google searches. Other than that even we don't keep track of threads and replies we have posted. I mean so many forums we are using and so much to discuss on various topics. Do you think people will remember us with those replies ? These replies are like our memories but who cares who is the person behind it. Sometimes this is good and sometimes this is bad as well that nobody gives any look at who wrote this and why he shared this. Anyway, i don't feel bad if my posts go out of tp17. I'm not possessive about my posts.

nope. i would not care one bit. i am one to always look on the bright side. once in a blue moon, i actually post something worth reading by the whole world. and this is exactly what this place is. a gateway toi the whole world. the whole world has the opportuinity to read what we type. if it does ever happen, i will be content knowing, i can always repost and get double the mycents for it :(

i'll tell ya who'd be hurtin' though. it would be nameless. if all his posts got deleted, he would never get the help he needed to get his website online

Lol anwii I simply love it when you reply to my threads :D That's a pretty good reply but would you really not care if your 960 posts were to disappear?! That's a pretty huge number and you've put a lot of effort into making those posts over three years and yet you wouldn't care?! :)

@FouGilang and kittycatlover763: I guess my reply will be similar to yours too! That shock would simply be too much!

two to three sentences? i can sum it up in two words. "WHO CARES". first of all, it is never gonna happen unless trap shuts down. second of all, if it DOES happen, WHO CARES! tomorrow brings another day and another 15 posts from you, maybe 10 from nameless, 5 or so from me, etc. life will go on. trust me...

Haha, I suppose it would be true though. But well, if all my posts disappeared, and all my myCENTS and credits remained intacted, I would be extremely happy though. Because that means that I can repost content (incase I ever run out of ideas), and still get credits and myCENTS for them...

But if my myCENTS and credits (USD) were lost as well... well, I would be pretty sad, because of all the time I spent into it, especially in the first few months, where I was practically sleeping in front of my computer trying so hard to make one more post at least... I ended up sleeping so later every night and not doing well at school... and it really won't be worth it if all my myCENTS and credits disappeared... :D :D :)

But I believe that Xisto won't shut down until the very very far future, maybe at the end of the world or something like that... end of the universe, maybe, but I believe that I can safely assume that in my lifetime, Xisto will be open and will still be running until I die... well, I hope so. :(

(P.S. And hopefully by that time Xisto will have a better forum template too!!! :(:D:()

Well I wouldn't be as bothered as most of you. I'm primarily here for the knowledge I'm gaining from everyone, as well as the views on various things people have. Regardless as to how many posts are left, the stuff I've learned makes it well worth my time I have spent here. You honestly can't put a value on the amount of stuff you can learn here with minimal effort, not to mention the massive amount of help you can get. The issue is so many people are so stuck on the "I want free hosting and that's all" thing that they really don't realize the potential.

Honestly I can only say about 30 people (probably less than that even) are here for the knowledge more than anything. And they make it well known. They're not people who post a few times in irrelevant topics just to get their MyCents up, they're people who genuinely want to learn, help others, and be a community.

I know I got a little off topic with this post and I'm sorry, but you make it seem more like you just care about the MyCents than anything else. That's not what this community is about.

no offense, but if you ever decide to repost all your questions, i am going to have to kill you!

Haha, I suppose it would be true though. But well, if all my posts disappeared, and all my myCENTS and credits remained intacted, I would be extremely happy though. Because that means that I can repost content (incase I ever run out of ideas), and still get credits and myCENTS for them...
But if my myCENTS and credits (USD) were lost as well... well, I would be pretty sad, because of all the time I spent into it, especially in the first few months, where I was practically sleeping in front of my computer trying so hard to make one more post at least... I ended up sleeping so later every night and not doing well at school... and it really won't be worth it if all my myCENTS and credits disappeared... :D :D :)

But I believe that Xisto won't shut down until the very very far future, maybe at the end of the world or something like that... end of the universe, maybe, but I believe that I can safely assume that in my lifetime, Xisto will be open and will still be running until I die... well, I hope so. :(

(P.S. And hopefully by that time Xisto will have a better forum template too!!! :(:D:()

I know I got a little off topic with this post and I'm sorry, but you make it seem more like you just care about the MyCents than anything else. That's not what this community is about.

Well I have no shame in admitting that my original intention was to just come here and get enough myCENTs to keep my websites alive - I was even planning to stop visiting the site daily and post only once or twice in a month (believe me, this forum will be better off without me :( ) but the community and the members within make me come here daily and I enjoy the conversations and the occasional flame wars :) So in the end, I care for everything that comes with the posting, and sadly that includes the myCENTs and the post count too...

better off without ya? nawwww. you were always a welcome addition even though you do start some really weird topics like this one :D

i have to agree with rpg 100%. although i AM here for webhosting, this site has grown in to more than just that for me. i know it has for others as well. it's a community. a community not just to get to know eachother but for the help that has always been offered here as rpg stated.

this is one reason why i wouldn't blink an eye if my posts disapeared because like i said, tomorrow brings another day with new posts and new conversations. to me, this place has much more to offer than just the history of posts.

Well I have no shame in admitting that my original intention was to just come here and get enough myCENTs to keep my websites alive - I was even planning to stop visiting the site daily and post only once or twice in a month (believe me, this forum will be better off without me :( ) but the community and the members within make me come here daily and I enjoy the conversations and the occasional flame wars :) So in the end, I care for everything that comes with the posting, and sadly that includes the myCENTs and the post count too...

If nameless_ posts his previous question again then i'll take holiday for few days from Xisto. :) As it takes much time to read his posts to know what is the problem then to answer them needs more time. So if he repeats old question again, then i guess i have no patience to read all those posts again. But these days he is improving writing main points as question that is saving some time to read his posts. So if writes short and fast to read posts then i think most of us will take a look at it. Simpleton, your topics are good i mean atleast they're keeping us commenting here. Otherwise i was tired of religious/dating/fantasy questions. There is not much i can contribute in those sections. Keep posting good topics.