xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Johnmck93

What Computer Do You Own?

Pc,Mac,Other?  

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I was wondering, what kind of computer do you own, take the poll, if you own more then just one check how every many you own.Tell us about your computer a little bit, why do you like it or why do you not like it?I personally own a Mac Mini running OSX Leopard 1 Gb memory, 78 GB hard drive( wish it was more ) and a 1.83 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor.

Edited by Johnmck93 (see edit history)

Like you, I also use a Macintosh Computer. In all aspects, I believe that it is easier to use, and it takes less time to do everything, like turning open the computer and all that, and I like the way the applications, documents and everything is set up inside the computer. The structure is very easy to use and understand, and installing new applications as so easy... it's just dragging one folder to another... :) Also, it is less accessable to many different viruses because the virus market just don't put Mac users into their mindsThe disadvantage of having a Macintosh computer is that many applications aren't suitable to Mac, because of the small number of Mac users compared to a normal PC user... The only problem is it's minority, I believe. It's just a give and take thing though... I believe that Mac has the best operating system (I've used all sorts of different kinds of operating systems, so I'm not bias, though I can't say anything about Unbuntu), and the only disadvantage is that many software designers and program programmers just don't put Mac first on their priority list and often miss us Mac users out because of this... :(But overall, it is a good system and I still prefer a Mac over a normal everyday PC... what about anyone else?

I have a Sony Vaio FW21L but with an upgraded Hard drive and Ram, Running Windows Vista, though I will soon upgrade to Windows 7. It cost me just over ?500 in January of this year.

aside from less software availabilty and support as a disadvantage, you forgot to mention price. price is a HUGE factor and disadvantage.

macs are very powerfull computers though. we used to do all post production- video and audio editing on macs before sending out the project for duplication

i never owned a mac myself. i did own an apple II+ and IIc haha that doesn't count. that was pre mac days

The disadvantage of having a Macintosh computer is that many applications aren't suitable to Mac, because of the small number of Mac users compared to a normal PC user...

I own a pretty ancient computer with 512MB of RAM, Intel P4, and 160GB HDD, and running Ubuntu Linux along with Windows 7 RC. Thanks to the extremely high amount of RAM I have (:D) Windows 7 takes 120 seconds to boot up (compared to 35 for Ubuntu) and so I use it very rarely and only for gamin. I usually boot into 7 and then go out and come back in 10 minutes, by which time it finally becomes responsive :)

While using Ubuntu, however, my computer functions at maximum speed and I absolutely love this OS. It's free, and has got tons of free software, and has a replacement for almost every piece of Windows/Mac software. The downside, however, is the lack of quality games for Linux, which, actually is the developers' fault, who do not bother to release a Linux version along with the Windows/Mac versions :(

I was wondering, what kind of computer do you own, take the poll, if you own more then just one check how every many you own.
Tell us about your computer a little bit, why do you like it or why do you not like it?

I personally own a Mac Mini running OSX Leopard 1 Gb memory, 78 GB hard drive( wish it was more ) and a 1.83 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor.

HAH! I'd take yours any day over mine:

Gateway Laptop model MX60027 running Windows XP Home Edition x32-bit, 50 GB HDD (Surprisingly I've still got 10 Gigs of space left), Intel Celeron M 360 processor, and 256 MB RAM.

Gateway Laptop model MX60027 running Windows XP Home Edition x32-bit, 50 GB HDD (Surprisingly I've still got 10 Gigs of space left), Intel Celeron M 360 processor, and 256 MB RAM

wow and I thought I held the record for most ancient computer over here! :(:) Aren't you planning an upgrade soon?

I run a custom PC. I don't really like Macs but it's mostly a personal reason I think. I just dislike Apple altogether.My parts are :E8400 (3.0 GHZ dual core)8800GT (512 MB video)2 GB non dual-channel ramP5N-MX motherboard (from Asus)550W PSU (some off-brand)It was a cheap build ($400 when I got it over a year ago - due to mail in rebates) and it works great. Very fast and handles any games without an issue.As for my Operating System of choice, XP. I can't stand Vista.

I have assembled PC right now. This one is 5 years old. Specifications of this computer are as followsL- Processor : Pentium 4 2.0 GHZ- RAM : 1gb- Video card : 128 MB- Motherboard: Asrock 845spx- Headphones : Philips HP090- Keyboard & Mouse : Logitech (Both USB). I have one Apple Macintosh laptop and another one is HP laptop. But i rarely get chance to use them as they're used by my parents. But if i get chance i don't leave without using apple. Right now i'm using PC whose configurations i have posted earlier in this reply. I'm planning on upgrading cause Pentium 4 is very ancient processor now.

I have assembled PC right now. This one is 5 years old. Specifications of this computer are as followsL
- Processor : Pentium 4 2.0 GHZ
- RAM : 1gb
- Video card : 128 MB
- Motherboard: Asrock 845spx
- Headphones : Philips HP090
- Keyboard & Mouse : Logitech (Both USB).

I have one Apple Macintosh laptop and another one is HP laptop. But i rarely get chance to use them as they're used by my parents. But if i get chance i don't leave without using apple. Right now i'm using PC whose configurations i have posted earlier in this reply. I'm planning on upgrading cause Pentium 4 is very ancient processor now.

Planning to go with AMD or Intel with the upgrade?

I owe a pc (both desktop and laptop). After hearing the rave reviews about mac, i am considering to switch to a mac But having said that, I am a total novice when it comes to a mac.

I have both, A Mac for Media editing etc. Any my PC's for gaming as Macs are crap for that :). Lets see the results of everyone else.