xisto Community
Nameless_

Why Is Trap17 Just So Popular On Search Engines... And seem to do so well in SEO, especially on Google?

Hi people...OK, so I seem to be making new threads on Xisto for some time, and what gets me most is that usually while I ask for this forum's member's opinion, help and advice on a certain topic, I will also be searching on the web for information as well... and what gets me most is that a thread that I have just created in the morning before I went to school can be found on Google's FIRST PAGE right after I come back from school...And it is really weird because things like that rarely happen... and what can I say? That google just really really loves Xisto!!! Like I was writing something about a psi ball, right? and then while I was searching for information on that as well, I can see me tutorial on the first page of Google.Another example is when I was asking for custom domain email address suggestions, and when I search for google to see if other forums have information like that as well, what I found is that my thread is not only on the first page of google, but also the FIRST result from google!!! And it all happened in one afternoon!!!Now, my question is this... How does Xisto does that? If I can get my site to be indexed as fast as Xisto is indexed, then I swear, my site will be very popular in no time. If my site has my name as the main thing, then if you search my name on Google, and assuming that I have the same SEO levels as Xisto, then probably all the results that you will get from the first page will be my site...Now, I am interested in how to be as popular in SEO as Xisto... does anyone know what to do? And why Xisto is so good at SEO???

I do not know what SEO techniques Xisto employs but it is interesting to know that Xisto gets indexed so quickly.I did "view page source" on this page and I didn't see any meta description(do they matter much ?? ..) for this page. There is only title and page content. I think it's page content is very good and is very much related to title which makes it rank very high on search engines.me too wants to know what makes a web page SEO friendly ... :)

First thing they did is they brought lots of traffic to the website(for this they used word-of-mouth publicity or forum publicity). Then they gave incentive (like mycent and freehosting) to members. So loyal members are giving something in return by posting quality content. There is lot of garbage these days on Xisto, so you can expect it is slowing down on search engine soon. Some people on tp17 are literally copying each others reply. Some are simply increasing length of post without any valid point just to earn mycents. Some are posting from wikipedia and some are simply refusing to agree that they did plagiarism. This ways standard of posting is going down and will hurt SEO aspect. Xisto was famous cause of it's quality content and free hosting. But now as quality of post is decreasing it will hurt rankings in turn revenue as well. So members need to make quality contribution. This is my way of explaining importance of "quality content" for website. As it earns more traffic than anything. In short if we look what makes Xisto and asta on google at better ranking is : Quality content, number of backlink from member sites, reviews and link from high PR website. These are some of the sure ways of having better traffic and rankings. Besides these giving free hosting without any catch (other than post2host) is what made them more popular than anything.

I agree with mahesh, quality content is very important for higher ranking. If people are "generally" less inclined to click on a Xisto results found in google becuase they have come to believe the trap doesnt provide good enough information, then obviously the trap will rank lower importance. Remember content is king (well generally speaking). Although i have been surprised observing Xisto results through google much in the same way as _nameless described above, sometimes its only because the trap is the only place which contains a particular article of information.

Now, my question is this... How does Xisto does that? If I can get my site to be indexed as fast as Xisto is indexed, then I swear, my site will be very popular in no time. If my site has my name as the main thing, then if you search my name on Google, and assuming that I have the same SEO levels as Xisto, then probably all the results that you will get from the first page will be my site...

Now, I am interested in how to be as popular in SEO as Xisto... does anyone know what to do? And why Xisto is so good at SEO???

Two big factors in the great search engine rankings that Xisto has: all of the members and OpaQue's work behind the scenes.

No offence to OpaQue and his hard work :) , but the biggest factor is probably all of us and the excellent content everyone puts on to Xisto :( Having useful, well written content is vital for search engine rankings, and Xisto has that content in bucketloads thanks to the content we all write. By using good topic titles and writing content in clear and correct English (as opposed to leet-speak or whatever), the search engines can easily pick that content up. Once the search engines 'trust' Xisto as a source of good content, they keep coming back and new content is added to their databases much quicker. A lot of forums don't have the same rules we have at Xisto about the quality of posts. So, those forums may have many more posts but ther aL1 \/\/ri77e|\| lyk dis so the search engines rightfully ignore them - they just don't have decent content. Xisto, on the other hand, has high-quality, well written and informative posts, and the search engines love that.

OpaQue's work on the technical side is also vital. The URLs at Xisto are all search-engine friendly HTML pages rather than long strings of variables on a PHP page. This is something that search engines love, and it makes it much easier for them to work out what a page is about, so results appear higher. Also, if a URL contains a word you have searched for (rather than that word just appearing in the page content) then that result will appear higher in the rankings. The second major thing is the pages the search engines see. If you click a Xisto result from a search engine you'll see that you are served with an SEO version of the forums - clean and simple, putting the content first and in a format the search engines love.

Ah... OK... I get the point. So, if I put good quality content in my site and have clean, HTML friendly coding on my site, then my site will more likely to be more like Xisto and do well in ranking and things like that on SEO... I suppose that forums are really really good though... I mean, you know, you can get members to post free things for you to increase your site content as well as your search engine ranking and SEO doing... Hmm... I think that I might make a forum site one day when I get to chance to try it... :)But what are PHP variables and how do you get rid of them... and replace them with clean HTML language? As far as I know, everyone uses open-source (or not) CMS's and things like that, and so while you may look at the "source" of a certain website in your internet browser, there are a lot of things that you cannot see in the background hidden away behind in their cPanels (or not again). How do you make sure that your HTML is clean or not and how do you change it to be if it isn't?

As others have said above, the huge amount of textual content on trap18 forums gets more results in the searches. Search engines index content quickly as the bots sees that the forums are quite active and gets content every now and then.@nameless: the conversion of system generated default path names can be converted to seo friendly urls by using mod_rewrite module on Apache server. For popular CMS like Drupal there are modules available like pathauto which automatically generates meaningful urls by using titles of the nodes. There are also options to configure the templates for the urls.

To add my 2 cents, try spoofing your browser as google in some cases you'll see that you get a little bit different content, even though it's prohibited to give different results to google and to other Internet surfers, but you can change HTML leaving the same content, you might see that you get different headers and etc. it depends on the CMS, Forum or SEO modules installed, I also notice a lot that when searching for something I get to Xisto ot Xisto forums from google on the first page, it depends on a lot of factors, most of the main ones were told here by other members above. :)

Bt the first i think is the number of members so they posted very much topics and posts...So 15 minutes ago i was searching on google to find what component should i use to get web browser on visual basic 6.0 And i found my answer on Xisto forum but it was some old forum i think-something like archive and the link was first on Google.Second why Xisto is that much popular,i think is because all these members are clicking on Google banners...Everytime before i log in i am clicking on minimum 3 links,including banners.As i know Xisto gets money for just viewing ads and Google gets some money from that.I think not only from Google,Xisto is very popular on other forums and they are indexing its links.On one way,i think trap is very popular on Google only because lots of people know it,SEO modules,popular forum,good keywords and motivation from users because mycents.

Well, nice theories... Here's how I think Xisto is high in the rankings. Has anyone noticed that every external link is being redirected from Xisto servers? What if they have something redirecting search engine bots back to where they started? Normal people obviously get redirected to wherever the link linked while search engine bots have to come back and crawl the page once again. So... $$$$

Well, nice theories... Here's how I think Xisto is high in the rankings. Has anyone noticed that every external link is being redirected from Xisto servers? What if they have something redirecting search engine bots back to where they started? Normal people obviously get redirected to wherever the link linked while search engine bots have to come back and crawl the page once again. So... $$$$

That's a theory (suggestion) i brought up a long time ago. While i can't verify it myself, i would consider it a smart thing to do concerning crawlers. While these things cannot support all search engine bots, you can nevertheless redirect the popular crawlers. But i wonder if Google or any other search engine crawlers have ways to avoid being constantly redirected.

Two big factors in the great search engine rankings that Xisto has: all of the members and OpaQue's work behind the scenes.

No offence to OpaQue and his hard work :) , but the biggest factor is probably all of us and the excellent content everyone puts on to Xisto :( Having useful, well written content is vital for search engine rankings, and Xisto has that content in bucketloads thanks to the content we all write. By using good topic titles and writing content in clear and correct English (as opposed to leet-speak or whatever), the search engines can easily pick that content up. Once the search engines 'trust' Xisto as a source of good content, they keep coming back and new content is added to their databases much quicker. A lot of forums don't have the same rules we have at Xisto about the quality of posts. So, those forums may have many more posts but ther aL1 \/\/ri77e|\| lyk dis so the search engines rightfully ignore them - they just don't have decent content. Xisto, on the other hand, has high-quality, well written and informative posts, and the search engines love that.

OpaQue's work on the technical side is also vital. The URLs at Xisto are all search-engine friendly HTML pages rather than long strings of variables on a PHP page. This is something that search engines love, and it makes it much easier for them to work out what a page is about, so results appear higher. Also, if a URL contains a word you have searched for (rather than that word just appearing in the page content) then that result will appear higher in the rankings. The second major thing is the pages the search engines see. If you click a Xisto result from a search engine you'll see that you are served with an SEO version of the forums - clean and simple, putting the content first and in a format the search engines love.

The SEO version is also plagued with ads, but it pays for the servers! I have seen quite a few of my posts on Google, and they are high up in the ranks. For example if you were to spend some time searching for forum rank images, one of my posts would be near the top (I forgot the exact wording I used for the title of the post).

Ah... I see the point... Of course there is also the factor that Xisto gets updated very often, more than five times a day usually, if not twenty or more, and all the posts are of high quality ones, and that is exactly why Google would rank Xisto in their database with a very high SEO...I was just thinking though, I really didn't get truefusion's theory, what with bots and crawlers redirecting pages to Xisto... don't they all redirect to Xisto??? huh?But I see the point where modules and things like that might affect the HTML given on a page... I'll have to be careful about that then... And I'll take a look at the pathauto as well... But thanks for everything, I understand things clearer now... (but that doesn't mean this thread as to stop, of course. I'm always open to new ideas... :)) :D:(:D

I would say because so many people have .trap17 subdomains, and plus its a forum, with a lot of users who tend to post about anything and everything to earn credits, so what we input is pretty relevant to what other people are searching for. and what notlovetrap17

Subdomains doesn't matter that much but that,that much users are posting here is true and that is the hardest thing to make if you want to be popular on search engines.I am sure OpaQue wants more users,to get more money,and buy more servers.So he need to work but i am not sure how much big work he have behind public.There needs to be some secret , it is not simple to get popular on search engines.If i search on macedonian for Xisto i would find tons of topics from macedonian forums where i can see people which are loving it so much because they got domain.That says that mycents are one reason.I think trap have budget and they are optimizing this website and making tricks with database.Other reason are sites with reviews.Have you seen this on Google:

XistoFree Web Hosting (no ads or banners) with PHP, MySQL for domains/subdomains. Including latest CPanel, Fantastico, unlimited FTP, POP3 / Imap EMails, ...
http://forums.xisto.com/ - Cached - Similar
Services
Search

Free Web Hosting Service ...
Free Web Hosting Request Form
More results from Xisto.com ť

That links say that maybe they are paying to Google to get better position there.