xisto Community
Judman

Firefox Or Internet Explorer that is the question...

Well, it appears most people here prefer FireFox. I guess i am one of teh few who really like IE. I've always ran Norton Internet Securty and rarely get spyware and dont get popups. TO me, firefox is slower and it does not display many of the web pages i view very well. Also, to be honest i hate tabbed windows because i love using alt-tab and you cannot do that. Finally, i would like to say that if build a website firefox is great for testing because of their debugger and DOM.

Firefox is the best thing I've had on my computer for quite some time. Itsfaster, safer, and more reliable than IE. There is no unwanted toolbars with is why i hated IE. Theres awesome plug-ins too. I use ChatZilla (IRC plugin) and FireFTP (FTP plugin) quite often. I dont really liek the tabbed windows either so i just don't use them.Firefox > IE

Oh so lots of people is talking abt fire & ie.then I wanna say somewhen i use computer for internet just 5 years agoIE is the 1st thing when i connect to internet.& I have used it for 5 yearswhen I try to change to FIre I've used it for some period.but I found Myself ca'n't fit for it.the men you wanna to change to it has some familar thinks with me?

My general preference is Firefox, but as I think was mentioned earlier, each browser has its advantages. Unfortunately, the truths are:Internet Explorer loads fastest because it is largely integrated with WindowsFirefox is "Safer, Faster(at browsing), Better"Mozilla/Netscape is full-featured, but slowOpera is awesome, but the ad-supportedness brings it downKonqueror is rarely heard about, and I don't think it has been built for WindowsIf you have to choose just one, Firefox is definitely the choice, but you'll need to make sure to tweak all the options to get the best experience.

Firefox... the best one if you only want to have a browser... it's fast, it's has OR not tabbed browsing, which I like very much, it's fast, it has anti-popup and Internet Explorer just added it on its last update!!! I use Mozilla because I read e-mails, talk on irc... so I prefer using it than Firefox and others programs.

I personally like Firefox, although I've used Netscape (on X-Windows as well as Windows), Opera, Mosaic and I.E. in the past.Opera was decent, but the ads put me off. Netscape was okay, but there were some pages I couldn't view with it. I used Mosaic and lynx (on UNIX machine) at my university's computer science club when I was a student. After a while, I used I.E. until I learned about Firefox.

Fire fox is great once you have tweaked it and i dont have problems like i did with IE... i would like to see the day when most of the market is using firefox because then maby microsoft will realise that they cant just throw in some ad blocking and more bloatware and say thats its still the best browser (IE that is)

I use Firefox for my everyday browsing, partly because it is much faster and safer to use, so just in case I stop by at a website that promotes spyware and tries to install programs without my permission, Firefox will block it. I also enjoy using Firefox because of its capability of being skinned. I frequently mod my PC, and can't stand when something doesn't match the current theme that I am using. Firefox solves that problem. Using Firefox and some kind of firewall app (I use Internet Security) will keep you safe while maintaing a fast speed.

I used to be die hard Windows and have seen the Open Source light! Using Internet Explorer (and Windows of course) I kept getting virus after virus. After finally having enough of losing hours and hours of hard work, I let my husband *upgrade* me to linux and firefox. I must say I have absolutely LOVED firefox. Although I have had a very few popups, the security in great and being used in combo with linux keeps me virus free!