xisto Community
Judman

Firefox Or Internet Explorer that is the question...

I use IE 6 right now, but I had firefox and I must say, it is a lot better than IE. With IE I get so many viruses it's unbelievable. ;)

Yaya i heard the same thing that al and all firefox is better. But what really bother me is that i had IE fisrt and then i had to instal firefox too and it has become my default browser and i cant change that!?!?! Anybody has an idea how to make my IE default browser again?

Yea i also would choose firefox over IE anyday. IE has alot of secuirty problems and the main reaosn i like firefox better is because of the way its layout is. I also like the google bar that it comes with. The password manager is easy to use and the cookies are not as trackable, the browser itself has alot better organization and management. The way you can search like page search and whatever else is also better because it highlights.

HiWell I for one would rather use Firefox, I don't want to help Microsoft monopoly all the time but I got to admit I am so used to I.E. that the switch is rather hard. I am used to I.E. for downloads especially and I find the loading time of pictures slow in firefox.So I guess i'll keep on using both for a while.Patrick

Anybody has an idea how to make my IE default browser again?

Open Internet Explorer and go to Internet Options, probably under "options", "extra" or "tools". I'm not really sure. Click on the "Programs" tab and check the box which has "Check if IE is the default browser" (or something like that) next to it.
Now click on "OK" and close Internet Explorer. Start it up again and it should say something like "Internet Explorer is not the default browser, do you want to make Internet Explorer the default browser?". Click on "Yes" and you should be done.

well internet explorer is ok i think you can go with it but firefox is new blocks spyware popups and is fast too!updates quickly and many themes plugins are available so you can get variety than ie.so go with the trend use Firefox.

This post might be a long one but I spend my precious time read all the posts and sitting down to write replies to all of them. I have written this one in reply to all the others. If you have read all the previous posts then reading this one will not be a problem.

I don't know why everyone likes firefox so much I hate like anything. It has features which never work. I can't use any extensions. Or maybe I don't know how to get it to work.

If any of you who praise Firefox, would like to help me then please do. I don't know how to install extensions (at least I think so) because no one else has problems with it except me. I have extensions downloaded on my computer (.xpi) but I can't use them with Firefox. And sometimes I get this message to download plugin and I get this window tell it is checking. Then I can't use the browser, niether does the progress bar show any progress. And sometimes I get a box right in the middle of a page asking me to install plugins but I can't get the plugins to install at all. Just doesn't connect. Last time I tried to download firefox I had to do it five times, it failed the previous four times. To check for upgrades is the last thing I want to do with firefox. It just freezes. If when a page is being loaded and time out occours I don't even get to see the URL. So I have absolutely no idea which one do I have to view. Without the URL refresh also doesn't work. There are not even half as many options as Maxthon has on one page. I want to use Firefox but these problems won't let me. Will someone help me with Firefox??? :D

I hate Microsoft and IE so much that I don't have a choice than to use Firefox. But if you think firefox is good then just check out Maxthon. (You need to have Internet explorer for it to work). It has so many features and it is so much more customizable than any other browser. Just check out it's tool bar. For power users this is a must. You'll fall in love with it as soon as you see the browser. Let alone using it. It also has mouse actions, Roboform ( comes with the combo version), tabs, popup blocker, Ad stopper. It doesn't display ads on a web page even if you are browsing the page. (That's the height of blocking). It is not advertised properly otherwise I am sure that Firefox won't stand a chance. I know Firefox fans will not agree. But just check it out. It's awesome! Then write comments on browsers. You want the best browser with all the features of all the browsers' then Maxthon is the one for you. Ok maybe not convinced, then how 'bout reopening tabs you have already closed. That's something no one gives. It can re-open accidentally closed tabs by and also reopen the last tabs that were open. Good enough? Which broweser can boast this??

It can block pictures, flash, videos, sounds, scripts, Java applets, activex, you name it, it has it all. Skins, mouse actions, plugins, tabs, you can lock tabs, set passwords, asign alias, asign shortcuts. Ok I'll explain it in short, the way all of you will understand, here it is:
As Xisto is to hosting so is Maxthon to internet browsers. (One more thing it is totally free...eee!!!) ;)

Now I have three browsers of which I use two. Maxthon because that's the one with which I do all my work and Firefox because I want to use it.

I am not a programmer (at least not till now, just turning into one!) so all that java tools and stuff don't help me much. All I am interested in is browsing the net fast, really fast without any headache.

Googlue is perfectly right. I have know people who think IE is the internet and ask what is Internet Explorer. But there is one thing it is very easy to install Firefox once you get it on your PC. Thanks to Windows. I never knew how to install software on Linux. And to this day don't know where does all the installed software on RH Linux goes :P (I have used only RHL and Mandrake).

But for most people Firefox means security. And with so many people using it, I think, security will be a thing of the past for Firefox soon. One thing good with Microsoft is that their response to security threats such as holes and bug is excellent. Better than any other software provider I have seen. (I guess that's why Windows is still alive). :D

And Oblivion you don't need anything as long as you don't see it. As soon as you know that there is something that is better than what you have that you can get for FREE you will ask join the Firefox club.

saladferk I would like to know how do you get to tab with Safari. Do tell me.

i personally LOVE FireFox. the only thing is, how do you do all those mouse shortcuts? my friend in the US does it, but i cant figure it out. he just clicks and drags the mouse to navigate. does anyone know how to do this?

Thats strange I didn't know that Firefox has mouse action keys. You can do it with Opera and Maxthon.
IE7? It will be made to fight against Firefox.

But people, people you don't understand. Why is all this going on? It's because people want to break free. But don't forget that firefox is the only browser. There are a lot of other browsers which can be better than Firefox itself. Don' believe me? Check out Maxthone.

And for the one who wants IE back. There are two ways one through the Internet options as explained other simple method is. Use "Open With" -> go to "Choose Program" -> Select IE from the list. And before you click "OK" check the "always use this program for this file type" box. You are all set. :D

i use FireFox for fastest and secureiE is not securemicrosft every Day publich patch for ID Hihii think best ie serivce is IE with SP2 you Said firefox is opensouce ?Where Waht is source where can i change firefox soruce code ?

i heard when internet explorer 7 comes out, it will be better than firefox

IE developers don't plan to make it better than Firefox

where can i change firefox soruce code ?

Here

Will someone help me with Firefox???

Just use KM, or open a new thread to clearly expose your problems

hen how 'bout reopening tabs you have already closed. That's something no one gives. It can re-open accidentally closed tabs by and also reopen the last tabs that were open. Good enough? Which broweser can boast this??

Well, Mozilla, Mozilla Firefox, Opera too I think.

It can block pictures, flash, videos, sounds, scripts, Java applets, activex

Can you tell me what happen when you visit this test page with Maxthon ?

personally i recommend using firefox as it provides a better security compared to IE .. u know IE is also the target of attack of hackers and scammers .. so there's is less security risk for using firefox ..But i think firefox needs to be improved further .. as i noticed some bugs .. sometimes the browser just dont support some IE-friendly script .. like using msn groups ... u cant make ur reply a seperate paragragh when u're posting a msg .. that makes all of the msg clumps togetherBut i think firefox is still better than IE in terms of useribily :D

I don't think firefox is that great because of some reasons. Since most people overlook the disadvantages of firefox because they can find a lot more negative things about other browsers very easily. We hate to admit what we use is bad or has something we don't like but still use it. One simple example is: Until linux becomes popular most of the people in the world are happy with windows, until firefox really makes news people keep using IE. Let me tell you something. There is no one who will say IE is giving problems and use it. They will first switch to firefox and then say IE is bad. (I am the exception in this case. I've had a lot of problems with firefox but I still use it. Not exactly, I open Maxthon and Firefox and even though I do most of the browsing on Maxthon. Because I was the one who actually started telling people to shift to firefox when it was still in its beta stage and now everyone is using it without any problems except me). Those of you who are such devoted followers of Firefox, if you feel like you would like to have me on your side then please help me. I want to be on your side but these problems don't let me. The reasons why firefox is not the best:1. It borrows bookmarks from IE but doesn't lend them to it.2. The pages visited by Firefox are not available to IE offline.3. It has problems with java or maybe some plugins and doesn't display all pages properly.4. The extension manager doesn't work or maybe I don't know how to use it.5. Upgrading is something that is never possible directly. It says connecting with no progress and I just have to wait. (Can't use it till searching for upgrades is over.)

The reasons why firefox is not the best:

1. It borrows bookmarks from IE but doesn't lend them to it.

2. The pages visited by Firefox are not available to IE offline.

3. It has problems with java or maybe some plugins and doesn't display

all pages properly.

4. The extension manager doesn't work or maybe I don't know how to use

it.

5. Upgrading is something that is never possible directly. It says

connecting with no progress and I just have to wait. (Can't use it till

searching for upgrades is over.)

55518[/snapback]

1. there should be such a option that the bookmark can be exported from firefox and then imported to other browsers. The problem is that there isn't a standard bookmark format for every browser to use;

2. why would you want that? why would somebody do that?

3. while since firefox 1.0 I hardly find many pages that are displayed wrong in firefox unless there is directx involved. maybe I don't know that many websites after all, but on the contrary, opera has all kinds of problem in my hand;

4. the extension manager works fine.

5. the auto upgrade works fine, it upgrades my extensions all the time. the problem is that mozilla update sites don't update their contents often.