xisto Community
Judman

Firefox Or Internet Explorer that is the question...

Well, when I'm on my Mac, I use Safari. It has tabbed browsing like Mozilla and Firefox. When I'm on other people's PCs, however, I try to use anything except IE. Mozilla and Firefox are the best browsers on PCs these days...besides Safari for the Mac. Has Safari ever been on a pc? Hmmm...

Saladferk, you're lucky that u got a Mac. Safari is not on Windows or Linux so far. I prefer Firefox over Internet Explorer anytime. I myself use Windows seldomly. I use Linux!xboxrulz

i like firefox the most and i have tried them all. but for some reason ie is faster when i use gmail. i have no idea why but firefox takes ages and the pages don't load. i also don't like the way firefox handles downloads as there isn't a dialog box like in ie. but firefox is better i think as pages render very quickly and it has cool skins. the only other browser which is as good as firefox is opera. It can display wml pages which is useful for me because i own a wml site. (wml is like html but for mobile phone browsers) but unfortunatley opera is not free and it gives you a banner ad at the top until you pay so firefox wins. And i hope that all the good browsers aren't very popular- then people will make viruses. I don't mind who else has firefox or if nobody does.... just as long as i have it then i dont mind :D even if my signature shows otherwise :D

45358[/snapback]

i realy like firefox because is stops evil things from installing like when watching 3x action

No contest Firefox is clearly the better browser, It has increased functionallity, such as Tabbed browsing, an intergrated search bar and the ability to use extensions to further increase the functionallity for example there ios one that turns Firefox into an FTP client. Not to mention the increased security and speed and in this day and age you need all the security you can get, but perhaps mopst imprtantly of all it is fully compliant with the W3 standards.

On my computer I have installed both Internet Explorer and Firefox.. I think the two of them have positive and negative things. I mean: I thin Firefox is faster... but there are a lot of websites that aren't compatible with Firefox and they're with IE... so I think that using both of them it's the best choice :D PS: it was clear what i said?? :P I usually speak spanish ;)

yah so far im still using fire fox after i heard it was really popular and stuff buti think i shouldve used it way earlier because its the bestttt u can customize everything the theme and stuff and its much safer and faster ;)

personally i recommend mozilla firefox its fast reliable and easy to use and it blocks all the popups this blocks every sites popups and all you have to do to unblock it is to go to the bar that appears and go allow popups for this site and u ahev an option for temprory unblock or permenently unblock. i would recommend it i use it and so does my brother and my dad. you can also add other things to it like it can tell you the weather forcast ect you can also change teh themes so it looks different. if you are not shore try it for a few days and then remove it if you want to stick with microsoft internet explorer but i expect you will stay using mozilla firefox after you get a taste it. get it from https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/ and download it then install it. :P

Microsoft internet explorer with service pack 2 is slow not very reliable and is easy but doesnt block popups unless you tell it to and if its enable u have to block each sites popup one at a time. ;)

Firefox is way better, with the tabbed browsing, and the download manager, plus the plugins and skins for it, IE could use more improvement.I have used firefox for about 2 weeks now, and i wont switch back.

i too really like the tabbed browsing with firefox. it is so much easier to organize what you are doing. then you dont get a ton of windows opened up. i think firefox looks better than IE, is faster, and just seems more user friendly to me. but i do have IE explored too. i just use it to go on sites that seem to be anti-firefox and wont work and also to see how the site im building looks in IE. after i finished my layout and set it up it looked great on firefox. then i looked at it in IE and there were some problems i had to fix. so it is best to have both on hand just in case.

i personally LOVE FireFox. the only thing is, how do you do all those mouse shortcuts? my friend in the US does it, but i cant figure it out. he just clicks and drags the mouse to navigate. does anyone know how to do this?