xisto Community
Judman

Firefox Or Internet Explorer that is the question...

The reasons why firefox is not the best:1. It borrows bookmarks from IE but doesn't lend them to it.
2. The pages visited by Firefox are not available to IE offline.

So. Firefox implements things that let you import bookmarks from other sites and let you view pages you've seen with IE. And since the IE development team hasn't done the same for Firefox, it's Firefox's fault?

That's some weird reasoning.

i prefer Mozilla so much more than IE.IE has caused me so many spyware problems and just keeps adding stupid toolbars.whereas mozilla has the bookmark feature, pop-up blocker, ad-blocker etc, and there is a gmail plug in for it :Dbasically Mozilla owns IE 10 times over!

Since Firefox 1.1 came out I am using it, for the following reasons:-Easy navigation through integrated tabs-pop-up blocker-ad-blocker-bookmark quickkeys-optimized performanceI cannot say I prefer IE because of the many many advertisement, spy/adware installations (automated installs that is), causing many toolbars to appear.

I use different versions of web browsers, but the most favourite one that I use is called Neoplanet. Its a mod or some sort that runs of the Internet Explorer engine or executable file. Internet Explorer has a lot of advertisement pop-ups for some reason, but once I use Neoplanet the pop-ups disappear. I also use Netscape, but I never tried Firefox.

Firefox by far. Faster, more realiable. I even donated to teh Firefox people for it :)I r just so coolio d00d.Besides, IE explorer is slow, and for some reason I always et tose search bars and junk that appear on it, which slow it down even more, if that's possibly. Firefox is the way to go.

I use both IE and FireFox.With my IE I have the yahoo toolbar to keep my popups down but the toolbar does not stop them all.However with Firefox there are no popups it is really nice. It does take Firefox a little longer for the initial opening of the browser but as far as browsing speed it does out perform IE hands down. Its realatively spam free as well.Beth

Firefox. It is a fast, not as targeted for spywear as IE, I can customize it with plugins and skins. And not to mention the best feature ever thought about for a browser: Tabbed browsing! NOW YOU DON'T HAVE TO HAVE ANYMORE MULTIPLE WINDOWS. PRAISE THE LORD!

I use Firefox for security and IE for the features. new IE7 looks very promising and might be a great combination of both, i really hope so anyways because firefox is very low on features and it has couple exploits too. There is much debate over the security of Web browsers, stemming mainly from Internet Explorer's vulnerability as a common target for hackers and virus writers. Microsoft regularly releases patches and updates to fix security holes in Internet Explorer that might allow someone to install malicious software or steal information from a computer. Firefox has not been the focus of hackers so far, but that doesn't mean it's inherently safer. For now, Firefox is enjoying a reprieve from viruses and hackers primarily because, compared to the widespread use of Internet Explorer, it is relatively obscure. Hackers haven't bothered exploiting Firefox yet, because the low yield means it wouldn't be worth their efforts. If Firefox ever achieves dominance among Web browsers, that can be expected to change. But I believe that IE will be the dominant browser in the end because its packed with tons of useful features.

some sites look funny using firefow, I know, they have a screwy code

What is important, though, is that no browser is perfect. I'm mainly looking at this from a page rendering view here, being a wannabe-web designer. Eg: IE doesnt support <blink>, for example, it also renders a lot of CSS incorrectly. But it is by far the best browser for Javascript etc. Why can't they just make a super-browser, which takes all the best elements from each?But then, I suppose everyone would use it, and hate it as it was the monopoly what makes firefox so great is its customizability. imagine what firefox would be without extensions, themes, and without an open source! when you let absolutely anyone submit improvements to the source, and allow for easy creation of extensions without touching the browser source!

The new version of Firefox (version 1.1) is set to be released in about a month. I was lucky enough to get a sneak preview of it; it's pretty good, lots of glitch fixes, etc. Based on the Firefox timeline chart, available on their site, version 2.0 is not that far off either. On a side note, for some odd reason, all the spyware I have on my computer only effects IE. I can't even surf with IE anymore; no sites will load. With Firefox, however, everything works fine!