xisto Community
bishoujo

Official: Can't Access My Cpanel - Supports From Admins

i was able to bring my sites back up after a cpanel password reset courtesy of Xisto - Support ticket. you may need to wait a little while for them to address this, if you venture this option instead of going through admin BuffaloHelp. my ticket was posted 24 Jun 2008 07:06 PM and someone from Xisto - Support replied back on 25 Jun 2008 11:00 AM -- this is to give you an idea of the time it took my ticket to get noticed with a reply. and yes, no credits required.

but since BH is offering his assistance to expedite resetting of our individual cpanel passwords, and could possibly be faster than Xisto - Support, and without credit deductions -- just post your request as BH stated. the better the chance you can have your sites back up online in the least amount of time.

i can attest that all files and DBs (up to the date of last backup by xisto) are not lost on my account.

things i did after i got back my access through cpanel:
-- added back my addon domain (if you have a parked domain, add them back too)
-- added back the user for the databases (you have to supply the username and password which your DB is supposed to use. if you forgot them, you can refer to the config files you have in the scripts you're using for your site); applied back the necessary privileges to the DB user as my scripts require
-- added back the subdomains i use (check your folder structure via FTP or file manager to get a glimpse of the folders created when you added a subdomain before, just in case you forgot which subdomains you had before)

PENDING:
-- hotlink protection cannot be enabled, and can't add the addon domain i have on the list of URLs to allow access. apparently, the old list i created before is not part of the backup restored, and this will be populated as you add subdomains from above. disabled by default, but error encountered in enabling this feature.

Error: while opening /home/serverph/public_html/.htaccess

as i haven't used the other features in cpanel such as email accounts, forwarders, autoresponders, cron jobs, and the like, i can't determine if some information you have got lost therein too. you have to check those for yourself too.

Oops. I knew I should have searched the Forums before I started doing stuff, because I actually did pay to have my password reset. That's 10 credits wasted, but at least my site is working fine now...

now my website does not work at all i mean no more apache thingy so i'm not sure if just resseting passwords would help. but anyways i used the resset password, before i heard of this topic, and now i'm on SUPER NEGATIVE so anyways could you please reset my password thanks ;).

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Unable to reset password due to suspended account. PM me for details.

I am totally confused regarding whether or not I need to request a reset password, as I can't even get to cpanel to start with. So I guess I'll leave it to the professionals to figure that one out. That said, kindly reset my password if that is in fact the correct protocol. If not, please advise at your earliest convenience. Thank You

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Sent new password.As noted in post #8, if your website was using add-on or parked domain, simply re-addon or park. Follow serverph's detailed instruction ;)

I am totally confused regarding whether or not I need to request a reset password, as I can't even get to cpanel to start with. So I guess I'll leave it to the professionals to figure that one out.
That said, kindly reset my password if that is in fact the correct protocol. If not, please advise at your earliest convenience. Thank You

Are you using your accountName.trap17.com/cpanel url try and get to cpanel? because if your using your top level domain it wont work.

Are you using your accountName.trap17.com/cpanel url try and get to cpanel? because if your using your top level domain it wont work.

I just tried accessing cpanel via this instruction and I still can't get in. I appreciate your suggestion, though. ;)

Yes Misa wait for buff to send you a new cpanel password and then when you get access change your password and then unpark and repark your domain again and you should be set misa.

Yes Misa wait for buff to send you a new cpanel password and then when you get access change your password and then unpark and repark your domain again and you should be set misa.

Thanks for the help SM. I got an email from OpaQue and it looks like he's reset my password, so I guess I can cancel my request to Buff. Now I have another silly question. How do I unpark and repark my domain? I'm sure I've done this before but apparently it's been too long. And where do I go to log in to cpanel? Simple, step by step instructions are needed by this technical moron.
Notice from BuffaloHELP:
I am sorry. I looked at your last situation after I reset your password again ;)

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Quick instruction:

If you are parking, just click on PARK DOMAIN and follow the instruction again.

If you are adding, just click on ADD-ON DOMAIN and use the same folder you used before, ie public_html/folder_name. Give it a username and password as the same as the old one (if you remember). If not, assign a new one and update anything that might be depending on this new username and password.

If you are not using ADD-ON domain username and password (this is different from your main cpanel username and password) then you do not need to worry.

PS couldn't send PM because your inbox was full.

Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)

I've asked this question a couple of times before but never got an answer, so now I'll post it in this thread...What happened to all the Xisto subdomains registered withing a week of the crash? You guys did say that you backed up the database from a week ago, right? So how about the ones that didn't exist at that time? Are we going to get them back anytime soon? I've contacted Xisto - Support but they told me to send an email to Xisto - Support. Now it's been almost 2 days since then and I've only had 1 reply which didn't help with the situation. Don't get me wrong - I know the admins are working their butts off to get this situation sorted out and I don't want to add to the problem by getting mad at anybody. I don't mean to blame the admins for this problem or anything. But I hope they get my site up soon.

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Check my post at the end.
Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)

That link works for me, and shows the login box. If it won't accept your username and password then it still hasn't been reset properly. Contact either Xisto - Support or BuffaloHELP and ask them to take a look.

Aside from Misanthrope, if you have requested on this topic to reset your password AND requested to Xisto - Support I apologize for resetting your password, again. I was in a rush to resetting passwords that I didn't have the time to read it through before I acted. I tried to PM a new message but Misanthrope's inbox was full ;) I hope she sees this before thinking something went wrong again.I will ask OpaQue regarding other subdomains which have been created in recent application approval. And this is one of the reasons why I have not approved further pending hosting requests.serverph made a great post (please go back to see his post) regarding how to add and park your TLD again. But here is a quick note:If you are parking, just click on PARK DOMAIN and follow the on-screen instruction. If you are not using its username and password for any other purpose (such as granting control to another user or separate FTP login session) then you do not need to worry about giving it the same username and password as before.If you are adding, just click on ADD-ON DOMAIN and follow the on-screen instruction. If you are not using its username and password for any other purpose (the same reason as above) again, you do not need to worry. Remember to use the same folder, i.e. public_html/folder_name, as the one you used before. Use the FTP or File Manager to remind yourself which folder is associated with which add-on domain.Check to see if your database, such as WordPress, IPB, CopperMind anything that might be using database connection, is connecting properly and reassign user permission and password if necessary. If you have to give new username and password, please update your database config file/setting with these new information.Finally, yes Xisto - Support will assist you in resetting your cpanel password for the time being. If you cannot wait for me please use the Xisto - Support (either live or ticket). If your account is suspended Xisto - Support is not allowed to resurrect your account to reset your password. I will not reset your cpanel password unless I see in the log that your account was suspended due to repeated password reset via Manage page. You can always contact me through PM to see what can be done.Thank you all.I'll try to be here tonight around 11pm (GMT -5) for further support.PS, if you cannot even see your home page a good possible answer might be that your IP has been blocked by Xisto servers. A test would be use a proxy service to see your website. If you can see then the answer is IP block. Contact Xisto - Support and ask if your true IP is blocked by Xisto firewall. Request for unban on your IP. To find your true IP search for "what's my IP address" on any search engine and you'll find out.PPS, never login to your cpanel using a proxy service. They are known to harvest any HTTP request information such as your password.