xisto Community
icleric

what is the favorite os in ur openion ?

what is yor favorite os ?  

72 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I haven't seen mac os but I would like, in fact I haven't used it :lol: But now I've seen mandrake and debian distributions closely and (not that I am suse fan) I can't say that they are soo good. Mandrake is pretty good when comparing with suse, maybe better in some things but debian, hm... no But then windows is pretty fast if we looking boot but this is because windows first boot up and then search for new hardware etc. and linux do all those thing before they come with desktop, it's hard to compare but linux need just some time, nothing else now WIN XP 51% LINUX 73% This is my opinion :)

You really can't say Windows is better until you've used Linux (that is, a fully installed version). Linux is more versatile and can be adapted to a person's needs. Plus, Gnome and KDE actually make it possible to used 99% of the OS' features without using the command line (while I still prefer this because it is faster for me). And just because an OS has more programs written for it doesn't make it better. If that's your argument, WINE for Linux is the solution.

By the way, for all you Mac OS X lovers, there is something you need to know. It is UNIX based. For all you novices out there, Linux is basically descended from UNIX.

well i've never had the chance to use any of the other OSes. only ones i've ever used are DOS and windows. i would be happy to try out Linux in some form or other sooner or later, but as it has a steeper learning curve i guess i'll have to wait for a little till i'm able to learn something more about it. i really have no time for that right now. in the meantime, i'm happy enuf using windows XP Pro and hacking away at it. i do have to say that so far it's only given me the BSOD once. when i was installing an updated version of PGP over an older one. other than that, no problems. And even if there is WINE x Linux, i've heard it's still kind of buggy and doesn't work across the board.

in my opinion if you want a fast and secure os for surfing then Ubuntu is the best for youor else Microsoft is there for yearsyou can try ubuntu and also customize ubuntu as per your choiceyou can also order ubuntu forand one more thing ubuntu is very fast as compared to windowsasnd also virus restiant because before executing any file it will aask you once and if you can predict tht the file is virus then you can stop the exceution

The most used is clearly windows but I tend to say that Linux is the best OS ever and It's FREE. Anyway a good choice would be Macintosh's Leopard OS X or Tiger OS x .

Windows by far is the best for overall, obviously because it is user-friendly. Windows Vista is only good if u have 8gb of ram and ur fine :D. Windows XP is the achiever, the fastest and most efficient. Although Windows 7 is said by Microsoft to be as good looking as Vista and as error-free as XP. Lets hope Microsoft are correct. For Once....

I tried to switch to linux but it was a lost cause. Though I dug the coolness of Ubuntu, esp Ubuntu studio, nothing beats windows. No other OS remotely compares, when i comes to user friendliness and most of all, software titles!!! Dude, I can't live without Photoshop and my games!!! And if you think gimp is better than PS.....you're just kidding yourself.Off all the windows incarnations, I love XP x64 best. I ALso love the new Windows 7 x64.

I like Vista. Please, don't hurt me! :lol: In my opinion, it's the best looking of the mainstream OSes. (Not counting additional skins.) I've grown used to features I didn't even know were Vista exclusive until I tried using them on an XP. People say it's annoying for it's incompatibility with most of the programs from XP, but I've encountered no program from XP that I couldn't use or at least patch to make work on Vista, and either way, it still has far more software available to it than Mac OS or Linux. It's highly user friendly, and actually a really nice operating system, so I do get a little annoyed when people who have never used it bash it. :P