xisto Community
icleric

what is the favorite os in ur openion ?

what is yor favorite os ?  

72 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

IN my own opinion, windows is the best cos it is the OS that has the best user friendly features. What i consider most in an OS is its usability. although Windows is the most prone to virus attacks, but i still think that it is the best of all.

Wait, I did not understand you, did you tell that mac, apple copy windows OS?? Aple is the begining of desktop ps we know today, hwo invented mouse and averything we are looking at when we turno on cpu. :(

Wait, I did not understand you, did you tell that mac, apple copy windows OS?? Aple is the begining of desktop ps we know today, hwo invented mouse and averything we are looking at when we turno on cpu. :(

i dont really know much about apple and the rest of them cos i have been using windows all my life and i think it is ok for me. I have been thinking of getting Linux OS but the cost of obtaining it scared me away. I only like Linux cos of its immunity to cyber virus attack

I have been thinking of getting Linux OS but the cost of obtaining it scared me away.

this is silly...eg Slackware costs 30$....and in it u have all u need...
u cant get everything for free on this planet! :(

but it certanly cost less than licencing an original copy of Winblows...

Let everybody choose what thay want. If anybody want to use Windows, ok. But you have to know that the Windows operating system is hardcore comercial software and its price is over deserved one. Wait... just wait and you'll see that Linux OS will become basic part in computing. More and more users are using Linux, because they see his advantages...

In all, i think that the best OS (from my own point of view) is the particular one that has all the features you need in an OS. Simple and flat.

If you dont use a crappy internet browser like Internet Explorer you arent going to get virus's or spyware. The only reason linux doesnt get spyware is because there a so many versions and writing virus's and spyware for it would be pointless. Windows however barely gets updated in years(like 98->2000->XP) and its your fault if you get virus's, because you dont have a virus scanner. Both mac and windows stole another company and used its GUI design. I'll try to dig up some more information on it.Macs are supposibly great for work, but i've had bad experiences on a mac and seriously Emacs cost like $1500 yet a $50 pc with windows 98 can beat it. Maybe if you get a G5 you can use applications good, but why should i have to pay $5000 when i could pay $1500 for a excellent pc that can run the latest games.Linux seems great and all, but it seems like more of a work/server based OS and as i said in my previous post i'd rather use Windows mainly because my whole network is using it and im constantly playing games, and i really have no use for Linux either. My computer never has spyware and never gets virus's.If you want to get rid of spyware and virus's, get Adaware SE(auto monitor) and Panda Antivirus Titanium(uses low amount of memory). Both of these are great programs and i would reccomened them.Just my two cents...

If you dont use a crappy internet browser like Internet Explorer you arent going to get virus's or spyware. The only reason linux doesnt get spyware is because there a so many versions and writing virus's and spyware for it would be pointless. Windows however barely gets updated in years(like 98->2000->XP) and its your fault if you get virus's, because you dont have a virus scanner. Both mac and windows stole another company and used its GUI design. I'll try to dig up some more information on it.
Macs are supposibly great for work, but i've had bad experiences on a mac and seriously Emacs cost like $1500 yet a $50 pc with windows 98 can beat it. Maybe if you get a G5 you can use applications good, but why should i have to pay $5000 when i could pay $1500 for a excellent pc that can run the latest games.

Linux seems great and all, but it seems like more of a work/server based OS and as i said in my previous post i'd rather use Windows mainly because my whole network is using it and im constantly playing games, and i really have no use for Linux either. My computer never has spyware and never gets virus's.
If you want to get rid of spyware and virus's, get Adaware SE(auto monitor) and Panda Antivirus Titanium(uses low amount of memory). Both of these are great programs and i would reccomened them.
Just my two cents...

You've got a very good and excellent point there Critical Impact. Like i said before, it all depends on the features and the prices of the OSs. No one will be willing to use an OS that costs so much and with so many loopholes in it when there are others that are cheaper and with better security features.

Another thing which people consider in buying and using an OS is the friendlines of the OS. How user fiendly is it? I will not use an OS in which I will always have to grope around for a long time before I can get one thing done. That will be a waste of precious time which I am not willing to sacrifice.

I'm trying out slackware now (thanks to Virtual PC) and it looks great, for those who want a minimal system for servers or such, slackware looks like an excelent solution.

You should put mac or UNIX variants. Me, I personally like Windows. You must think I'm crazy. It's chockfull of viruses, spyware, and secutiry holes. But you know what's near and dear to me. GAMES. I dunno how to setup WINE or WINEX on Linux, but every game is compatible with Windows, so I go for that.

Yup.. I go for Windows because of the compatibility aspect. And I don't worry about viruses and spyware. I have a very good hardware firewall that hasn't allowed anything to "sneak by" and what does come through email or a web pages is immediately quarantined by my antivirus.I don't run a server, so I have no reason to really to run a Unix varient.And Macs? Well, honestly I know very little about Mac's OS's. I do know that I would never consider buying a Mac. You can't upgrade them without overpriced proprietary crap. And they will not let you open a mac at all. You have to pay someone to do the install for you. Why would I want to do that?

Yup.. I go for Windows because of the compatibility aspect.  And I don't worry about viruses and spyware.  I have a very good hardware firewall that hasn't allowed anything to "sneak by" and what does come through email or a web pages is immediately quarantined by my antivirus.
I don't run a server, so I have no reason to really to run a Unix varient.

And Macs?  Well, honestly I know very little about Mac's OS's.  I do know that I would never consider buying a Mac.  You can't upgrade them without overpriced proprietary crap.  And they will not let you open a mac at all.  You have to pay someone to do the install for you.  Why would I want to do that?

I support everything you said riao. Windows is kool for me and I love it.

And Macs?  Well, honestly I know very little about Mac's OS's.  I do know that I would never consider buying a Mac.  You can't upgrade them without overpriced proprietary crap.  And they will not let you open a mac at all.  You have to pay someone to do the install for you.  Why would I want to do that?

:) Um... have you seen the new iMac?

Quote from Apple's support site:

Think you need a new part? You can replace many of your iMac G5's parts yourself.

The iMac G5 is designed to make it easy for you to install replacement parts if you need to. The parts you can install yourself are:

AirPort Extreme Card

Memory - DDR 400 MHz (PC3200) SDRAM

Hard drive

Optical drive

Power supply

LCD display

Modem card

Mid-plane assembly (contains the main logic board, the G5 processor, fans, and so forth).

If you think you may need a new part, you can use the troubleshooting assistant to figure it out.

Plus the iMac is meant to be taken apart when you have hard drive problems. They even put diagnostic lights in there to tell you if and where there is something wrong. So I disagree with you there. The iMac looks pretty darn upgradable.

I favor Mac OS X. It's hard for Windows users to see the beauty of Mac OS X... It's too different. They eep looking for a start button and come up with a dock. It just gets frustrating for them.