xisto Community
icleric

what is the favorite os in ur openion ?

what is yor favorite os ?  

72 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Currently, I use Windows XP. I've downloaded Slackware, but then my 2nd hard disk got damaged. :rolleyes:I already had the chance to try MacOS X. it's great, but those macs are pretty expensive, and macos x hides a lot of things from you (well, I don't care about that :angry:). Uninstalling by simple deleting folders doesn't work all the time (just with small programs), programs like ms office v.x have to be uninstall the "ordinary way".

I'd say Windows, I hate it sometimes, but evry single program is made for windows first, then for the rest of the other OS's I'd swtich to others if I could have and use all the same programs that I use with Windows, I've heard a lot of good things about other OS's and alot of bad things about Windows, but well this monopoly of Windows doesn't give any options...

If you dont use a crappy internet browser like Internet Explorer you arent going to get virus's or spyware. The only reason linux doesnt get spyware is because there a so many versions and writing virus's and spyware for it would be pointless. Windows however barely gets updated in years(like 98->2000->XP) and its your fault if you get virus's, because you dont have a virus scanner. Both mac and windows stole another company and used its GUI design. I'll try to dig up some more information on it.
Macs are supposibly great for work, but i've had bad experiences on a mac and seriously Emacs cost like $1500 yet a $50 pc with windows 98 can beat it. Maybe if you get a G5 you can use applications good, but why should i have to pay $5000 when i could pay $1500 for a excellent pc that can run the latest games.

Linux seems great and all, but it seems like more of a work/server based OS and as i said in my previous post i'd rather use Windows mainly because my whole network is using it and im constantly playing games, and i really have no use for Linux either. My computer never has spyware and never gets virus's.
If you want to get rid of spyware and virus's, get Adaware SE(auto monitor) and Panda Antivirus Titanium(uses low amount of memory). Both of these are great programs and i would reccomened them.
Just my two cents...

I vote gentoo I just love it :rolleyes:

I dont hate windows I think it is a great OS for most people only I cant get used to its layout and file handling :angry:

[reaction to quote]

You are making a few mistakes here,

Most virusses and spyware come with warez files or e-mails so to make a statement that you wont get it just by not using IE is false, but I agree with you that IE is kinda crappy.

There are worms and viruses for linux systems the only reason they dont have the same effect as windows viruses and worms is because of the restrictions you have in linux. In windows most people allways are logged in as a admin or power user and those profiles have total system access, linux users only become root if they need to be but the main login alway will be an restricted user that does not have total access.

The statement that it is "your fault" if you get a virus is also a bit strange imo since a virus allways comes for the cure and when you get effected before your viruscompagny has a fix for it your screwed.

The compagny you refure to about the GUI is Xerox btw

Windows was inspirred by apple's lisa computer which was besed on a gui developt by the Xerox Corporation back in the 70's.

And for your mac section I dont have any MAC knowledge so I will not comment it :angry:

[end reaction to quote]

in my opinion windows is the best os.it is easy to use and don't difficult to new computer user when they use in the first time. and many reason ex: they has many software to run with it, realy 3d games multimedia , they can detect many hardware and has many driver to support it. but something i don't like is the 'Bug' 'Virus' and they are not stable that they shoud to be (hang , crash so often)but some time i would like to say unix is the one i like too. b cause i can use them by SSH,shell to make my psybnc , bot. :rolleyes:

I dont really like windows, but i have to say I have never really used any other Os's, although i would like to try a Linux based one like Linspire or Slackware to see the differences. I do not like Xp Home, although XP Pro is just about OK...Why dont more people get away from windows and go for the more interedting an open source OS's? To much hassle?

Windows XP only SP1 or SP2 , win95 , win98 must die!the MicroSoft - very good corporationthe Bill Gates - very rich man

The bigest problem about loving windows is that people dont know about anything else <_<

windows xp is by far the best operating system. It boots fast and is very reliable. I dont know to much about any of those other operating sytems so I acnt say if they are good or not.

Oke you need to explain that to me because I dont understand it at all,
1. you say: Windows XP is by far the best OS
2. you say: I dont know to much about any of those other operating sytems.

:P<_<:P:)

better would be:

"I think windowsXP is the best because in my opinion................... ."

But just telling that something is"by far" the best without any reference is kinda erm... dumb
no flame intended

Windows os is still widespread OS around... but there are many good linux distributions out there. People are not familiar with linux because at first they all had opensource policy. and no commercials. Another problem with linux is that it's too much complex and hard to configure...

going with windows just because i loath mac and apple due to thier crappy copying windows design. if you saw that movie on tnt couple of years back how microsoft and apple became top computer makers in the world. with lies money and deception and backstabbing :)

plus as a web designer you have more applications that you can use to make some of the best websites free money can buy.

and its simple to use once you undestand how it works i guess XP

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Saint Michael, Windows copied MacOS GUI system. The GUI system was actually developed by Apple Computer Inc and Xerox (the printing company) back in the early 70s. Although it wasn't implemented but they were working on it. They finally got it working by the 80s. By that time Microsoft was established. Apple and Xerox didn't copyright the GUI system yet, therefore, Microsoft stole the system and claimed it theirs. Heck they claim everything theirs. Even the internet!

Another point. All the major OS out there are based on UNIX. Windows is based on UNIX. It's a badly twisted and a poorly written UNIX system. The only good thing about is that the GUI interface is less customizable so its easy for beginners since they don't know (or know much) technical terms.

xboxrulz

I would have to say that Windows XP Professional is the best OS in my opinion. Sure Linux and Unix are good for servers and hosting, but almost everything in the market like games and other software is made for Windows OS only. Yes there are bugs, and a bigger chance of getting viruses but you can prevent that.

Saint Michael, Windows copied MacOS GUI system. The GUI system was actually developed by Apple Computer Inc and Xerox (the printing company) back in the early 70s. Although it wasn't implemented but they were working on it. They finally got it working by the 80s. By that time Microsoft was established. Apple and Xerox didn't copyright the GUI system yet, therefore, Microsoft stole the system and claimed it theirs. Heck they claim everything theirs. Even the internet!
Another point. All the major OS out there are based on UNIX. Windows is based on UNIX. It's a badly twisted and a poorly written UNIX system. The only good thing about is that the GUI interface is less customizable so its easy for beginners since they don't know (or know much) technical terms.

So look at this man and learn. To say something corect you need to know something about it. If there is not mac, windows won't have window and mouse, and averything. Windows dont even have his FTP, from who it was stolen, from BSD of course, do you know why, becouse in BSD licence you just need to put autors name in program and you can do anythig you want with it.\
Ok is with people who say a like games, i have try linux, but i can't run many games so... they know even a little so they can say that...

POINT OF MY STORY: LEARN TO KNOW, TRY THEN TALK