xisto Community
icleric

what is the favorite os in ur openion ?

what is yor favorite os ?  

72 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I Think Windows Xp Is Nice But Its Not SecureBut Linux Isd Very SecureI dont work with Unix But I Think Working with Unix Is Very Hard

I Think Windows Xp Is Nice

But Its Not Secure

But Linux Isd Very Secure

I dont work with Unix

But I Think Working with Unix Is Very Hard

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Windows XP can be secure providing that you are knowledgable in networking and user groups and domains, I have a friend that does security for a living and he has his xp machines and networked so locked down that you cant even use the floppy drive (providing that you havent logged in with the proper credentials) and his network is just as secure. Its actually pretty cool :D:D

ya, most of us aren't "super experts". Even, I as an intermediate user won't know how to do that. Linux simply doesn't need that much time and money to setup a secure machine. The root can also decide if the user can access the CD-ROM, Floppy, Network and even softwares!!xboxrulz

I can put the whole story here again, but I just dont feel like it there are to many linux vs windows topics on this fora allready but what the heck a short answer is ok :DI miss one option duh, thats freebsd/unix but since thats not on I choose gentoo, my second main OS.Greetz :D

With GUI's such as Gnome and KDE being implemented, you don't have to type 'program -ow -x 300 -a 'zxcv -tghj -p9' to start anything, you just need to click on it as you would with Windows.Many of the Linux flavors are becoming more like Windows in the way that the user interacts with them, and are becoming much easier to use.

WIndows is my favorite os but if i could get red hat working then it would be a different storyI WUZ usiing mandrake but it destroyed my comp so I had to switch back to WinXpWin 2k would be my favorite but I do not have any of the drivers for my comp.

definately, but unstable. Don't let "Get the Facts" fool you, since Microsoft rigged the thing by paying its researcher. It's a biased study.GO FOR LINUX! LINUX = Shutting Down and Rebooting is only for adding new hardware, settings, or just saving electricity :Dxboxrulz

Windows actually isn't that easy. I get confused with the registry... maybe they should invent a stupid person's version of windows?