xisto Community
GrinningKittie

Do You Dream In Black & White Or Color?

I was surprised when I've read this topic, I never even thought that it's possible to dream black and white dreams.. I always dream in colour and never thought that it's possible to do something else, even though dreams are quite confusing, some people dream without ability to touch, when I dream and touch something in the dream, I usually feel it, my brain generates that feeling I guess.. But I think I don't know a person who dreams in black and white colours, maybe it's all in the blood? :)by blood I mean, for people of their country and culture..

They say a lot of men dream in black and white for some reason, but I don't know how they'd know. I'm a guy and I definitely dream in color. It's always really vivid too. The one thing is that I dream very seldom which is strange and annoying because I really like dreaming. But, I have a lot of other weird brain stuff going on, so maybe that's why. :)

I don't know how a person could even know they are dreaming in black and white. I assume it's always color bc a black and white dream would be strange!

I dream in both color and black and white, but black and white is more uncommon to me. Almost everytime I dream in color. Sometimes I dont have a dream at all. I think people more easily forget black and white dreams than colored dreams, but that's just my opinion.

I am not sure whether my dreams depend on my moods and depression but many times when I am really low my dreams are all in black and white. But normally my dreams are colorful. I remember all of my dreams and around 70% of them have been in color while 30% have been in black & white. There are many times when my dreams are neither in b & w or in lots of colors, they will simply be a color and the other a shade lighter.

I am not sure whether my dreams depend on my moods and depression but many times when I am really low my dreams are all in black and white. But normally my dreams are colorful. I remember all of my dreams and around 70% of them have been in color while 30% have been in black & white. There are many times when my dreams are neither in b & w or in lots of colors, they will simply be a color and the other a shade lighter.

Hmm... well sometimes I get this too. Other times, my dream would just be a 'memory', and there would be no colors, just something like De Ja Vu. Where you actually remember something but scientists say so otherwise.

All the dream that I have had, they are in colors. I dont think it is possible to have a black and white dream. Dream is basically the brain working overtime when the self is asleep. The brain, having registered everything in color, it is impossible for it to remove the color and have a black and white dream.

My dreams are always in color even the more simpler ones, some are very deep colored dreams while others are washed out tinted colors.

Interesting topic! Well I always dream in colors... Some dreams are in vivd colors, and really colorful and some others are in regular colors, I mean like "real" life.I think it would be interesting to have a black and white dream... Very artistic, hehe...

i have dreamed in color more then black and white, the black and white come when i am remembering something in my dreams

I have always dreamed in colour, never once in black or white, which is pretty strange considering most people report to dream in Black and White more often than having colourful dreams.While I have colour in my dreams, I do not have technicolour like the first poster had said in his post...to me, the colours in my dreams are just like real life colour, it just looks the same as real life, so I often cannot tell from where I am whether it is a dream or not. I often tell myself that it is not a dream, because I am speculating whether I am in a dream or not, and people in dreams don't really do that, and miss out of taking risks that you can only take in dreams and survive.Which is rather sad, because I am not a risk-taking person, but if it comes to dreams, I won't might taking even the most dangerous risks. But just can't even begin to imagine dreaming in black and white.... huh???Wouldn't people realise that it's a dream straight away?Then what's the point of dreaming if you know it's a dream?This is just so weird.... :-/

Well, I usually dram in colors and I don't see it neccessery to dream in white and back( I guess this is outdated) ;) . Just kidding. I don't know but I am person who forget my dreams, and I don't remember much at al, but sometimes when I do really dream I get very real impressions from dreamsn and seems to me like reality, so I guess this should make my dreams in colors.

Well, I usually dram in colors and I don't see it neccessery to dream in white and back( I guess this is outdated) ;) . Just kidding. I don't know but I am person who forget my dreams, and I don't remember much at al, but sometimes when I do really dream I get very real impressions from dreamsn and seems to me like reality, so I guess this should make my dreams in colors.

I don't really know... maybe I DO dream in Black and White. Maybe I do... maybe everyone does.
But since Black and White dreams indicate the loss of memory of the colours of your dreams, it might just be that all Black and White dreams (which aren't black and white at all, but appears to be after you wake up because your brain can't process your memories and help you remember the colours of your dream) are forgotten by people like us and we just don't remember the Black and White dreams, but only the colour ones, since they leave enough impression on us to remember the colours.

Do you get what I mean? It's kinda complicated with my bad grammar and all that.