xisto Community
GrinningKittie

Do You Dream In Black & White Or Color?

As far as my dreams are concerned, I havent noticed the color of my dreams. Well, I believe, when we are unconcious, that means when we are sleeping well, dreams fall without our knowledge and in that case we ont be having enough link to our brains to think about color of our dreams.

I usually dream in color. I've only dreamed in black and white once, and that was the worst nightmare I've ever had. I've only had about five nightmares in my life, and when I do have nightmares, they're usually not that scary when I wake up---this one was. I do dream in very bright colors sometimes, and these dreams are always amazing and make me happy. It's funny that there's a correlation like that for me. I've never thought about it before. But most of the time, my dreams are neither good nor bad, just weird, and they're in regular (not super bright) colors.

I always dream in black & white. I don't know at witch time we realize the dream is in colour or b&w, is it during the dream or upon waking up, but I don't perceive colour at all. 

"But just can't even begin to imagine dreaming in black and white... Huh???Wouldn't people realise that it's a dream straight away?Then what's the point of dreaming if you know it's a dream?"

what you just said would indicate that everyone that dreams b&w is a lucid dreamer :). You probably see a lot of crazy/impossible stuff in your dreams that should indicate straight away that are dreaming,  but don't even notice it.

in the mind state that I'm in during my dreams I don't even know if I'm dreaming or not, even when an absence of colour should indicate that straight away. Lets just say it feels like someone dropped me into someone else's body and I am watching his story unfold through their eyes.

-reply by Srambo

I know this will sound strange but i dream 3 different ways all equally. I dream in Color, black and white, and then i will dream in black and white with only one color showing. For example i will dream in black and white but green things will show up green like grass the trees or even someones shirt. Ive never heard of anyone else that dreams like that

LOl Black and white dreams...Dreams have reduced since i was a teen.... So i cant remember precisely if i ever had any black and white dreams....Color yeah... Most of the time but i hardly remember it after i wake up.....

I usually dream in Color but sometimes i have dreams where its all creepy and it has "Sepia" colors, why its kind of like a pink and brown mix. Those happen mostly in nightmares when im chasing someone and i am bobbling my head back and forth to catch them and the colors act like a fog so i can't see whom i chase. I have never had a Black and White dream though.... are you supposed to? :wacko: Maybe i just dream in black and white but when i wake up i think its color.