xisto Community
Andrew107

Why Were We Born?

What do you think?  

42 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

We are born for the same reason all the other species are born. Our parents fornicated. We're not different from the other animals. We have more in common with chimpanzees than chimpanzees have with spider monkeys, or whales have with dolphins.We're just a little bit smarter. Even parrots speak. A critical advantage, but not unique to our species. Create a list of those qualities that make humans unique. It'll be a very short list, and most of the items will be negative. Murdering our own, for example. Also, we eat everything, wrecking havoc on our ecology.Only humans are dumb enough to imagine omnipotent aliens from outer space and worship them, putting their alleged interests above our own.

Only humans are dumb enough to imagine omnipotent aliens from outer space and worship them, putting their alleged interests above our own.

lol :D :D :D :D :( I had a good and nice laugh when I read this but nontheless. Haven't you think at least once in your life that we might have been production from some aliens. Someone might have had seeded the life on this planet and haven't you ever thought about it. I had and it is reasonable assumption as reasonable as Darwinists and creationists ideas how we became.

It is maybe a bit more stranger but there are certain circumstantial evidence that some bacterias have arrived with the meteorites on the earth from deep space. So maybe not someone planted us but we were planted by mere accident and some bacterial fomr then starteed to develop and developed in us. Cant you appreciate the irony in this one.

Best Regards
hitman

Well, erm, this is arkward... When a mommy and daddy love each other very much... oh you r talking about it mythically, okWell there is no "why" there is no reason for us to be hear except to contiue the species, thats all we are here for and all we will ever be here for. The same with any other animal, all we are is developed animals.

Why are we here? The answer is of course simple.... As are all the answers to the most complicated and philosophically deep questions. Why should there be a why? There is no reason for our existance. Think about it, don't expect to be able to comprehend this entirely as it is impossible with our infinitley limited brains. But try and imagine infinity. A big vaccum of space that stretches on forever. It will never ever ever end. You could shoot off 265 times the speed of light in a direction and keep going the same way for trillions of years and never reach an end. Because there isn't one. Now think about matter. There is almost definatley more than one "universe" I personally believe that there are an infinite number of universes. (Not too sure on the plural of that word though) In this infinite number of universes there is a finite amount of galaxies and therefore a finite amount of planets yes. But infinity times )( is still infinite. There is an infinite number of planets. Therefore the chances of something happening like this are almost 100%. Think about it. A quadrillion number of monkeys at a quadrillion computers for a quadrillion years. Trillions of them are going to produce a coherent word, billions maybe a sentence, millions maybe a short paragraph. Maybe 10 or 20 are going to make a full novel, with twists character development and other such things that happen completely by chance. Maybe the monkey may make a few typing errors but the world that we live in isn't perfect either, that just feeds into my analogy. The monkey did not have a reason for typing that novel. He just did it by accident *of course when I use this analogy of monkeys at computers I am taking into fact that none of them die or take a break or the computers cease function. It's just to personify the idea of randomness coming together to find something coherent. In this infinite cosmos say there are a few sub atomic particles that just happen to attract another one. The particle was never created. Why should it have been created? Because everything that a human can imagine has to have a maker. Surely that's just logic, you might say. Nay nay, as I stated before we have a very finite brain capacity. Infact an infinitley finite brain capacity as it were. We will never understand things like eternity or life after death. *Until of course we die* But say these sub atomic particles in this infinite mass of emptiness. These particles come together via gravity and become helium. They all mass together over a very, very long time and we get a much larger thing. This process has no time limit for it to be created. It has all eternity to make something. And it finally does, a small rock that inhabits some tiny microorganisms. This is also simultaeneously happening trillions of times over elsewhere in the infinite cosmos. Eventually the tiny microorganisms decide they like where they are and evolve and adapt. As the climate and enviroment changes into the certain areas where they are on this rock they become different from each other. They begin to have to eat each other to survive. Large rocks are just wandering around through space and ono the off chance just happen to collide with the earth. These creatures that have adapted to this enviroment are fleeting. They leave way for a new dominant species. We develop from doing miscellaneous tasks and become a small tribe of animals. We then breed and think more about things. Just out of sheer luck having the adding help of an apposable thumb we take over. You were then born from two of these animals. They are no different from any of the other microorganisms on the other trillions of planets that have life on them but your just lucky you got the good planet. Theres no reason your here. Your just another microoganism that got lucky.tl;dr theres no point in life

If you really believe "theres no point in life" then you should suicede because if you really believe there's nothing on the otherside, it wouldnt matter how great your life is or how happy you are... in the end, when you die, a 1000 years life-span will be the same as a 1 year life if you really believe theres no point in life. But I guess you are just messing with us ;)

Edited by Janissary (see edit history)

We are here because, more than ten billion years ago, the universe borrowed energy from the vacuum to create vast amounts of matter and antimatter in nearly equal numbers. Most of it annihilated and filled the universe with photons. Less than one part per billion survived to form protons and neutrons, and then the hydrogen and helium that makes up most everything there is. Some of this hydrogen and helium collapsed to make the first generation of massive stars, which produced the first batch of heavy elements in their central nuclear fires. These stars exploded and enriched the interstellar clouds that would form the next generation of stars. Finally, about five billion years ago, one particular cloud in one partcular galaxy collapsed to form our Sun and its planetary system. Life arose on the third planet, based on the hydrogen, carbon, nitrogen, oxygen, and other elements found in the protostellar cloud. The development of life transformed Earth's atmosphere and allowed small furry mammals to take center stage. Primative men and women evolved and moved out of Africa to conquer the world with their new knowledge of tools, language, and agriculture. After raising food on the land, your ancestors, your parents, and then you consumed this food and breathed the air. Your own body is a collection of the atoms that were created billions of years earlier in the interior of stars, the fraction of a fraction of a percent of normal matter that escaped annihilation in the first microsecond of the universe. Your life and everything in the world around you is intimately tied to countless aspects of modern astrophysics.That should sum it up for you :Dbtw I'm saving that for science class :(

Edited by amirborna (see edit history)

This topic really seems like one of those religious debate topics to me. Everyone who is on the side of religion will give an answer for life, and most of the others will say there is no divine answer.

I disagree that we were born to die, because I think we do have a purpose as human beings, and that is to continue the species. Our purpose in life is to reproduce. We're the most complex species on the planet, but if you looked at a lot of insects such as the praying mantis. After they mate the female will bite off the head of the male. With spiders the male is sometimes killed for food for their young. Other spiders simply die because they have no purpose in life anymore. We are the same as our purpose is to reproduce. Thankfully we have a lot of other things to live for.

*important words highlighted*

Wait.. Wait, what? If our sole purpose in life is to reproduce what comes next? Imagine, we continue the species, continue - continue and that will continue on to infinity (if we survive everything of course). That's next to no meaning dude. If you wanted to say that you think that life has no divine meaning I may agree with you.

See, I have mixed feelings about this. One of it says that there?is?a divine meaning of life, because I am a baptised christian and do believe in God, but the thing is I don't want to accept the bible as a worthy source for why we exist.

The other one says that life has no meaning and no creator and we just need to advance more and more 'till we implode from ourselfs :)?

I know my explanation is not good at all, but that's all I got now :)

Edited by miladinoski (see edit history)

Why are we Born in this Earth? Why are we created in this earth? Why are we different from other animals/creatures? Why are we marrying and have children?

I think there is an answer for all these questions. If you have brain with 6 senses and time to think, answer these questions..

Being spiritual in nature myself, my partner is also a spiritual medium, i have come to the conclusion over the years that we are born to fufil a life purpose.
we all have a soul of different levels,some are young souls and some not so young, if you are a young soul, and this as no bearing on how old in human years you are, this is about soul age. if you are a young soul then you may have many lessons to learn, and so you are born on this earth to learn those lessons to be able to move onto the next soul level. Yo can always tell if any person has an older soul because they seem more in tune to whats important in life, they seem to carry an inbuilt wisdom. younger souls seem more trivial in nature. Of course there is a downside to being an older soul because the lessons you have to learn are always a lot harder, and so your life will seem to be harder in the process. there seems to be a general rule that young souls never get to much burden in life because they simply cant handle it. So we are all here to learn something, we are all here to meet people and effect their lifes too. It all depends what lessons we have to learn really to how our life proggress :) and for those who think spiritualism is the same as religion, thenfor me at any rate, that couldnt be further from the truth. religion to me was brought about to control the masses, make us all behave a certain way or else we will spend eternity in hell and damnation. which simply isnt true. we are all spirit taking a journey in human form, we will all make mistakes along the way, that doesnt makes us bad, it just makes us us all spiritual children learning lessons :)

Why are we Born in this Earth? Why are we created in this earth? Why are we different from other animals/creatures? Why are we marrying and have children?

I think there is an answer for all these questions. If you have brain with 6 senses and time to think, answer these questions..

There is no single particle in this universe, which has no purpose behind its existance. We too are born out of a purpose on this earth. Everyone is entangled to many other people, relations and we are in a web of relation- which give us a reason to live and play our parts.
Education, marrying, having children are just the social systems we follow and infact by doing all these we are forwarding our blood line and generating a chain of succession.

The question you have is more of a philosophical question than a practical one. There could be no single answer and it will depend on the viewpoint you try to think on it.

God created us to do better things for God and all of our Collegues,Neighbours etc.He brought us to believe in him and to praise him for the wonderful things which he given us and also planning to given in heaven.How many of you believe in the eternal life that Bible Says?I Believe Very Much.......

I've been asking myself the same questions..and never found the answear. Sometimes I feel like there's not enough words in the english dictonary for me to express feelings about this subject. It's just something beyond us. A few years ago, 5 maybe 6.. one of my school teacher asked us "What is the point , of Life itself ?" and no one gave the answer she was looking for. After letting us think for a while she finnaly told us (her opinion.. not the truth :P ), she said the point is Forgiveness.I was like... WTF ? that's why you got me all curious.. to say "forgiveness". I told her.. "so practically what you , a Religion Teacher are saying is that God , made us , gave us life just to TEST us if we can be forgiven after our death ? So basically life is just one big test?"She was speachless...and after 5,6 seconds of silence gave me a 2 (grade). Dumb , un-open minded teachers.I don't think anyone will ever know the real meaning of life , we just have to live our lives one day at a time and see where it goes. To a certain death that's for sure , what's important is what happens after that.In my humble opinion , after we die nothing stops we just "restart" , begining our life in another body(re-born) exactly like this life started , it's a cycle that keeps on reapeating.It's just my way of looking at life and death. It wouldn't make any sense if after death everything just stops , This world is TOO BIG , our planet is just a small fragment compared to what's out there so it woult be stupid for us just to be born , live just 60-70-80 years and then.. just like that GAME OVER.

hmmm i hear a lot of people who stated that we are here because our parents pro created. i don't see it that way at all since i believe our bodies are just a host for our soul and spirit. what i believe is complicated....but a simple answer to the question is that the soul/spirit was ready.i believe our existance here on earth is to be a student until we die. we will always get lessons, we will always have to think and study, and there will always be tests. life is nothing but a school and we are the students who graduate or flunk from level to level...and from one lifetime to another...so what makes one ready to be born? that's a whol other question which i do have a belief in, it's just impossible for me to put what i believe in to words....

If you ask this question to an gorilla or chimpancy, they will not answer,,, becouse

they have no capacity to THINK like us.

So the reason is clear.. the HUMAN MIND is a finished ( now in beta :-) ) product of

EVOLUTION.

For the further existance of human kind, it need resoning/thinking/abilities.

So do we have.

Why we Born? Just as you say to Live and give birth to clear cut / powerfull kids who can survive the worst circumstance that may occure in future..