xisto Community
byte

What Program Do You Use To Design Your Web? Frontpage, Dreamweaver, a good text editor?

Definetly Dreamweaver (hmmzzz I'm kind of a microsoft disliker on these forums :huh:).

All though I prefer tools which just lets you handle the code....

favorites:

- Notepad++ https://notepad-plus-plus.org/

- Editplus https://www.editplus.com/

dear friends,A coin has two sides.Well for designing static pages FrontPage Xp is not a bad editor. There are a lot of things that it can do, but dreamweaver can't. for e.g. wroking with frames. Similarly the other side is also true.One should keep in mind that DREAMWEAVER IS dedicated for making websites. It's capability goes to top when the question of PHP, ASP, JSP, CSS come. It's really a good one from Macromedia.and frontpage is shipped with office XP whose purpose is different.But I give 8 out of 10 to dreamweaver.and 4.5 out of 10 to frontagethanks

Dreamweaver, because I despise FrontPage. Don't even get me started on FrontPage and the problems its caused me.Besides, Dreamweaver can't be that hard to use, I've been using it since eight grade. Made a pretty cool page with it, too xP

I use frontpage, mainly because I'm used to the imicrosoft office package cos i use it a lot at college. I don't find any problems, apart from when dealing with tables.I've not really used dreamweaver although had a quick experiment at college. One of the assignments requires use of this program.As of yet though, front page is the best ^_^

FrontPage is good , not good like Dreamweaver

Dreamweaver is very very good and he is first into a world

190613[/snapback]

THE SAME WITH ME! Front Page is good for starters and for simple pages but Dreamweaver Rocks!!! ^_^

Even though I have never tried DreamWeaver but I am impartial to anything Microsoft so I use Frontpage. I might try DreamWeaver some day becasue I like to use he best of everything. Kind of like spending 6000 dollars on a computer just so I would be at the front of the industry for a couple of days.

dreamweaver is like way better. but i think that frontpage is way more friendly to beginners than dreamweaver.

I personaly choose frontpage because its easy to use but.....I use dreamweaver for PHP.

190586[/snapback]

I use frontpage because it is easy to use, but it is the worst 'What you see is what you get' editor ever! I use dreamweaver sometimes, mainly for PHP.

Macromedia Dreamweaver is a superb software for professional web designing whereas Microsoft Frontpage seems as it's made for kids.Dreamweaver might look complex in its layout but believe me once you become familiar with it just a bit, you'll love working in it & will never look back at Frontpage. I started my work in Frontpage but was faced many problems, and when I switched to Dreamweaver, everything's going perfect.Dreamweaver is the winner in professionals!

you really can't comapre the two. . . . . its jsut over kill ^_^Dreamweaver = Industry standard webdesign program, excellent to use for everything and can do soooo much. thats why its the industry standard.Frontpage = Best for amateurs and easy to pick up. No WAY in the same league as DW. . . . . even Adobe Go-Live is better than frontpage

I Use both, but if i had to choose, i''ll choose frontpage cause it's far more easy to work with then with dreamweaver.Frontpage 2003 is much more better even then 2002, but the frontpage 2005 is excellent.But, dreamweaver is also very good, i use it to work with php cause i have tons of great plugins to create php functions (behaviors, commands, etc), to create buttons, flash buttons and menus, web forms, guestbooks, forums, etc... .The problem is that frontpage has also tons of functions, but, there hidden, and that causes people to use dreamweaver cause what you see is what you get, but i prefer to explore, discover, develop, so, frontpage is my choise, without a doubt!

You are very right Lycon. But in reply to Goosetaf, I think most amatuer or intermediate users will find that Front Page and Dreamweaver can in fact be compared in the same league because we do not explore or use its functions to its fullest. Though I have personally never tried front page, the fact that I am not a supportor of microsoft and also reluctant to change to another program that works totally differently especially since there is no lack in Dreamweaver, I do not see myself making the switch, unless someone on this forum with hard evidence can really convince me.

Dreamweaver, of course. It offers much more advanced functions then Frontpage including javascript menu integration with Fireworks, CSS editing features and even script language dictionary. It is somewhat like a compiler plus debugger, like Visual Studio or Borland C++, with advanced syntax highlighting and automated prompting. If you like to write code instead of have your codes generated, you will like Dreamweaver more then Frontpage. Dreamweaver also support php and asp coding, which are traditionally supported only by Zend Studio or Visual Studio. I think it is a good tool for script coders.

I like Dreamweaver much more then frontpage, microsoft put all kinds of useless crappy things in frontpage, things that can easily be coded by hand. Dreamweaver is an excellent program for coders... Altrough its also very powerfull for What-You-See-Is-What-You-Get editing... The powerfull connection with CSS style sheets are a big plus too.