xisto Community
byte

What Program Do You Use To Design Your Web? Frontpage, Dreamweaver, a good text editor?

well me, i just use photoshop to make the template, & adobe image ready to come slices, & imagemaps i want on my layout.. im not sure if theres some program that codes everything for you, but what i do, is tweak stylesheets, [the one i have on chantellepaige.org, ive had for so long & just know how everything works so well, i can just move everything & create a new look] haha.. im pretty new at design(:

I've upgraded to Notepad ++.... its far better than your average notepad.. haha...Also, when I'm at home I usually have my copy of xampp running so that I don't have to upload my files to my Xisto account every time I want to make sure my php works... its really quite helpful and its decreased the time I waste when designing or improving my websites.

I am a dreamweaver, and note pad person after 10+ years of trying out trial, freeware html programs to help in my web design needs. As any program that comes with a bunch of free scripts is trashed because most of those scripts are useless no one really uses them anymore. In the sense that most of those script have tons of junk code in them, like front page, and word if you use them as html editors.

Well.. my favourite program to do the design of the website, is photoshop. Right now I use Photoshop CS2, and it's great.. not only for designing websites, but also for just painting or editing photo's.. for the programming part of the website I just use Notepad.. easy.. ^_^

In February I lost my hard drive. I was in the middle of designing a site and lost my work, my software, everything. I tried downloading NVU and Kompozer, but they put 'spam' in the code, which ticked me off having to manually remove it all. I ended up desperately beta testing MS Expression Web. Wow! Great program! I now use it regularly. It's so easy to write CSS and to make forms. Its ftp functionality kinda blows, so I use filezilla for uploading.You can download it on the Microsoft website and try it out for 3 months. It's worth it. Since I was on the site, I also downloaded Expression Design. It's ok for creating logos, but it doesn't have enough power to do everything I need to do graphically. I'm currently using the Gimp. I need to get in touch with Adobe and Corel etc. to see if I can download the programs that I lost, but I don't really need anything else now.

Dreamweaver's better than frontpage, but Microsoft is now pushing Expression Web, which is superior to frontpage, great for designing with CSS, creates forms with dragging and dropping, and is standards compliant. frontpage is toast.

Man am i the only one who uses just a plain old text editor still? I learned on Notepad that came with windows and that is what i have been using for 3 years, i dont so much like those html assistant programs they do most of the code for you or they add stuff that you dont need.

I use dreamweaver, use to use frontpage but sometimes it makes it look differnt to what it would look when others view it. oh and btw if ur good at web design then you wouldnt need a program. most use notepad jst to type up their code and photoshop to create their images. thats abt it.

I think I replied to a topic like this before, but couldn't find my post, so I'll just post here anyways... :DI normally use just Notepad ++ for most of my editing, although for some serious projects, I use Adobe Dreamweaver CS3...Notepad ++ is fast, simple, reliable, free, and great for the good 'ol "quick edit" but for stuff like heavily redesigning something or making something from scratch, I use Adobe Dreamweaver CS3, it auto-completes tags (I know they are "n00b" but they are helpful, and save a lot of time spending unnecessary time closing tags...But for most of my editing, I just use Notepad ++, I just sometimes cannot be "stuffed" opening and closing Adobe Dreamweaver CS3, (it taks like 2 minutes to open and about 30 seconds to close, and I'm only patient while playing games!)... So, there 'ya go! I mostly use Notepad ++... other people should also use Notepad++ as an extremely good alternative to those big and expensive editing tools...Good luck Designing web :(EDIT: I just forgot to mention, that I also use some photoshop for making some of the graphics... Though I don't normally make much graphics... (personally, I prefer the classic XHTML 1.0 Strict + CSS)...

Edited by csp4.0 (see edit history)

I've got no idea if i've posted in here or not, i've answered some of things before but anyway here goes.I normally use Dreamweaver for things, it works like a charm and I like it how different code has different colours :D and I also like the fact I can save the files in the normal format without it getting stuffed up (which is what happens when I make changes in the cPanel file editor).A200

A mixture of frontpage, dreamweaver and notepad proffesional (i like the latter because it's basic in a good way) I don't use frontpage 2003 often!

me, i would prefer using dream weaver in web design signing cause it is much easier doing your layout and coding in dream weaver. Though I usually use dream weaver just to layout my web design and do the logic and backend part of the design in vim (a linux text editor) cause my web server is linux.

I don't use nothing editor,can change some code in notepad,so,I make site with finished script(fusion,nuke,fox,etc..),but in start my web designing,I use web page maker and dreamweawer...this is two best and using programs...