xisto Community
byte

What Program Do You Use To Design Your Web? Frontpage, Dreamweaver, a good text editor?

Like many have said before Frontpage is for beginners and Dreamweaver is for those that consider themselves more professional. I myself used Frontpage for about a year, only because of Dreamweavers heafty price. But if you can afford it Dreamweaver is definetly worth it, FrontPage adds way 2 much uneeded code, dosen't offer near as much features in any codes; Javascript, PHP, CSS, etc. and all its WYSIWYG tools use a speacial FrontPage code and require your Web hosting company to have FrontPage Ext. installed on there server. Probaly the only thing FrontPage has over Dreamweaver is the classic and easy to navigate Microsoft design.Wheras Dreamweaver offers a much cleaner code, with better support of web coding langauges; PHP, CSS. It also has many more useful WYSIWYG tools, and runs much cleaner then FrontPage

well if your on a tight budget you could use KompoZer look herethats my tutorial! (big me) or you can find one on my challenge page and click challenge 1 (look in my signature)
I do love dreamweaver but it's EXPENSIVE! another one is Nano web editor which is brilliant at e-commerce!
Frontpage is crap at some thing but good at others like layout it's brilliant when you have a complex layout I could go on for ages as I've used loads but in the end
Kompozer and
Dremweaver work the best!
Can i see something you've made?
karlosantana
Oh if you wanna see my tutorial click here feel free to leave your comments on how i could make it better!:)

For all my development but c++, i use the eclipse platform with plugins for html and php. I use it because it has all the development tools that dreamweaver has minus the visual part and is cheap. Plus, when i create a website or page, i dont need an editor like that since i am a strict programmer. I make sure all my code is formatted correctly and that it is written very well which you can not do if you use that feature in dreamweaver. Personally, since it is a free editor and does amazing development in basically any language you throw at it, you can complain about it. I currently use it for java (which i wrote a 3d fps game cloned after quake 3 arena for a class in), php, html, and even c++ sometimes depending where i am at.

I'm sticking with Dreamweaver.I've been using it for a while now, and I like it.Which is a switch for me, because I'm not used to using any editor at all.Before Dreamweaver I just hung out and coded everything right into Notepad.And I still enjoy doing it that way.One of the reasons I switched over to Dreamweaver was because when I was coding I'd end up with like 35 Notepad windows open, in addition to web browsers and anything else I was using.Dreamweaver really cleared up my taskbar, for one.Plus, the interface is nice and lets me code a bit faster, what with not having to type in every element to a code, since Dreamweaver essentially knows what I'm doing.I still kind of miss the hands on approach of throwing *BLEEP* around with Notepad, but Dreamweaver, to me, isn't that far off.I only really use the editor anyway, nothing else.

Yes a combination is always good and its best for experts.
But I like NVu's Kompozer as it has sleak features and it is easy to use.It is recommendable for beginners who have just entered in the world of building websites.Navigation through Kompozer is east too.To find more information about click here
For Beginner's or Newbies I would Recommend this easy to "wysiwyg HTML editor (Nvu/Composer fork)"-----KOMPOZER :)

I am a fan of Dreamweaver myself actually too. I use NotePad++ though a lot for hard coding quick changes as well.

FrontPage generates possibly the worst code ever seen. It never validates and has so much proprietary Microsoft stuff in it that you instantly lose the visitors using your site with Firefox, Safari, Konqueror, Opera or any browser that isn't Internet Explorer. Photoshop and Dreamweaver aren't quite so bad, so long as you set them up correctly, but the code they come out with still isn't too great (tables for layout, for example :) ).

At the moment, I use Kate and Eclipse for all my web designing. Kate is great for quickly editing something or making one or two pages. Eclipse has brilliant syntax highlighting, indentation, source code management and a whole host of other features that make it great for anything bigger than a couple of pages.

I really like Dreamweaver, it's easy to use. Although I've only ever used it once to be honest. I used it in Web Design classes at school. Didn't like it at first, but I grew to like it. Even though I'm gradually getting the hang of FrontPage, I prefer Dreamweaver, I've seen some pretty impressive webpages and whole sites that have been made on Dreamweaver. They're basically; Awesome.

to be honest i'm a bit funny with using softwarei have used many kinds and still using all kind of combination of them, but normally i have ot have thesePhotoshopDreamweaver (for design and coding as well CSS PHP ..)Flashsometimes i even go with FrontPage in the same time as Dreamweaver (because they offer different options in different situations)FireWorksCoreldraw (i like its vector tools)if i need 3d flash i go for swift 3D and also Swish as welland if i have the opportunity to access others i would try them as well :Ptotal mess never try to be like this (evaluation mode)

Coda 1.1 Anyone here ever use it or still use it? I've been using this for a few weeks now and didn't discover the Clips and remote connectivity feature till just now. Its pretty good I can edit my files on the Xisto server just as if its locally on my laptop.Oh the clips is just awesome, I do a lot of echoing and typing that out is a pain. Now I just drag what ever clip of code I need off the list its so much faster I'm kicking myself for not finding out about coda before.Anyway I'm hoping other mac users give it a try over dreamweaver or others. Its the best for web page coding IMO on a mac.

post-45102-1203323870_thumb.png