xisto Community
byte

What Program Do You Use To Design Your Web? Frontpage, Dreamweaver, a good text editor?

I'm a newbie, and know a bit about HTML code, and I find NVU (which is basically Kompozer) is great. But i found another one which lets you edit the bare code and then preview... It's called smultron, and i think is mac only. I love it. its perfect for what i know. Image editing i use Acorn, a shareware baby which is awesome. its between MS paint and Gimp. Basic but not too much so. I like it an i think its also mac only.

I may be different than most of you. I can't really afford any program so I went with the free version of Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2005. It has a great editor just like dreamweaver and the newer 2008 version allows you to use a wysiwyg editor as well. In fact I built all of my websites using it. I have never built a website with a program that I have paid for.

well if your on a tight budget

yah i'm on a tight budget too all for free the best and only web editor i ever used was microsofte visual studios expres edition it's quick and get's the job done nicely when it comes to images and colors for the site i use this program called photofilter it's free and simple if you'd want more feature you can also use GIMP is free and with more features.

https://www.visualstudio.com/vs/visual-studio-express/

http://photofiltre.free.fr/

https://www.gimp.org/

I use dashcode for mac, it comes with the developer tools. It's not particuarly advanced and it doesn't have as many features as dreamweaver but now that i'm using databases and php, i don't really use dreamweaver as much. I've actually been wondering if you can load an entire database and bunch of files into dreamweaver and edit it visually as you can with html, but it seems unlikely to be honest. I used to use dreamweaver and I still use it at school sometimes but have found myself using it less and less as i dont really need it as much with what i've been doing.

I use Macromedia dreamweaver 8 and to edit my html/css i use notepad ++ because the colors in the scripts help me find them easier:)

Top combination = Photoshop + Dreamweaver + Flash or Illustrator :lol:but if your budget doesn't stretch then just basic word of publisher are good... not for scripting just basic html or xhtml.

Photoshop... and well.. nothing really needs to be said about photoshop... its awesome....For coding, I use notepad. I have dreamweaver... but really I may as well uninstall it... the only thing I find its useful for is spell-checking... because I don't have MS Word :lol:...The major advantage to using notepad is that you increase your skills and abilities in coding, and word processign in general. And you can feel special knowing you used nothing but a text-editor... lolI think large web-editing programs are a waste of space, time, and money. With practice you can do it all from scratch, and you grow much more in your abilities.

I agree with KansukeKojima, I also use only notepad (++) and Photoshop.Altough for complicating designs i use microsoft expression or microsoft visual web developer for web applications.I used Dreamweaver as well but in my opinion its to complicated, so many buttons and stuff, it makes me dizzy :lol:

i use dreamweaver together with notepad++.. dreamweaver is fairly easy to use once you get used to it's interface.. it's also suitable for coders and designers alike.. notepad++ is free and i usually use it for coding..

Myself I too use Dreamweaver, notepad PSP. but I find myself using note pad more and more. Just wish that some of the Flash programs and PHP programs was as simple.

I also happen to link dream weaver. when I started out doing pages, I was using coffeecup, but was limited with what I could do. then a good friend bought me a copy of DW as a christmas gift. Between that and paint shop, fireworks. I have really enjoyed.