xisto Community
jlrr94

Which E-mail Service Do You Use?

Mail Service  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well,i got a lot emails from different websites.I got from hotmail,gmail,yahoo(and much more that are not a lot popular)but my best choice is google mail i think is best,and now i use it mostly because of the fast loading,fast getting messages and those stuff. :lol:

Gmail as its just lightyears above the rest with it being free, storage space continuously growing and it has pop3 support. One thing I'd like though is if they would increase the size of attachments right now I think it stands at 20mb but when you want to send lots of pictures to your friends and family it sometimes does limit you.

I've noticed a lot of people using Gmail but I've yet to create one- Should probably do something with this.. tomorrow. - Lol'd.Hotmail has been doing alright for me, liking it a lot better than Comcast.- Which is almost impossible for me to open now that they've redone it.

I am still using yahoo.. anyway i don't get spam because I didn't exposed my emails into websites that i know can send irritating useless messages so the thing is if you don't want to get some spam mails don't risk to expose your emails into useless websites

Currently, I'm using Yahoo as my main mail provider, it's suitable for the small amount of mail I am sending and it provides excellent spam prevention but sometimes disallows valid emails. :unsure:For business usage, I use Google Apps since it is provided by the company I work for, and as with Gmail the quality of the service is second to none but can sometimes be laggy sending, but not receiving mail. :)

Most of the times i'm using gmail but i like excite.com too which as i see isn't in the poll. gmail is very good and it has more functionality than only a mailbox like google docs which i'm using every day too edit and view my documents and google reader is the best news reader i've ever tried. excite.com doesn't have these things but as a normal mail box it's very nice and the way that mailebox loads is very satisfying .

I am still with gmail, and it seems that the overwhelming majority is with gmail also. I don't see how someone could use anything else other than gmail. The others are pretty much crap. They are either filled with advertisements, clogged up, or your email expires if you don't log in after a certain amount of time. The email service that I hate the most and I wouldn't advise anyone to use, is yahoo. They deactivate your email after you don't log into it for like 3 months. What kind of crap is that? My account is deactivated because I did log into it. I don't think that is right, and I may not log into my email for 6 months, but I still expect it to be there when I come to use it. I see if someone has not logged into their account for 3 or 4 years. I would understand deactivating it because that person could perhaps be dead. However, I have emails that I have not logged into for over a year. Nevertheless, one day I will have to log into them in order to recover account information for some website or a lost password. The email will still be there because I don't use yahoo.After gmail, I would probably suggest hotmail. The thing I hate about hotmail is the advertisements and the clogging look of it. I must note that yahoo is full of ads also the last time I checked. I don't like aol or any of the other ones either. However, aol would be my third choice, and I would use all of them before yahoo of course. Stay away from yahoo, run in the other direction as fast as you can. It is terrible.

I came across myway recently. It is non advertising and bannerless email service. They don't offer much storage space but if you are looking for any private mail box then you can take a look at this. There is also hotmail for domains and google for domains from google apps that you can use for your own domain name. I'm using google apps for some of my domains and so far it is working fine.

I like to use GMail because of the fact that there are 7.5 GB of space at your will. I use it to link all of my email addresses that use STMP/POP to access them all in one place. I also like that fact that it has themes so the email account feels personal. There are features unique to GMail as well such as IM, Google Voice, Google Labs, Calendar, and Docs which can all be integrated into your email. I also like the fact that I have a 3rd party GMail notifier sitting in my taskbar notifying me right away when I get a new email message.I also use hotmail/live but I access my email account in GMail so I am not sure if it still counts. :P

i have changed my most used e-mail service from excite.com to gmail.I'm currently using gmail because it's secure and it has very nice interface with a little text ads in excite.com the first loading of the page takes a year and i found it very annoying . yahoo has a image ads in ther right of the page which refreshes regularly and uses more bandwidth and is much slower. gmail is providing enough space for your attachments and there is many feautures as labs that you can add to your account. there is some lab features which i use most one of them is the mouse gesture for composing a mail or going back to inbox. another thing that i like from google is that when you create a gmail acc you can use other great services like google reader or google docs with your acc.

Edited by Iniyila (see edit history)

I have two Yahoo emails, another two in Gmail and one in Hotmail. But I use my Gmail accounts the most so I voted for it. Just like what the other users said, with Gmail, services like Google Voice, Docs, and Google+ can be easily integrated with Gmail. Another feature that I like is that I can open both accounts at the same time with just one browser.

Edited by xChellesei (see edit history)

Googel its best ever and i am using it or my own domain.its never goes down . if my website is down but you still send me mail bcos i am using google email erver(Google apps for free.)you will get 10gb each for 10 user to email. I prefer you gyes to use google as your mail server. Its really awesome.

I like to use GMail because of the fact that there are 7.5 GB of space at your will. I use it to link all of my email addresses that use STMP/POP to access them all in one place. I also like that fact that it has themes so the email account feels personal. There are features unique to GMail as well such as IM, Google Voice, Google Labs, Calendar, and Docs which can all be integrated into your email. I also like the fact that I have a 3rd party GMail notifier sitting in my taskbar notifying me right away when I get a new email message.

I also use hotmail/live but I access my email account in GMail so I am not sure if it still counts. Posted Image

I really couldn't get into using the notifier. I just leave up a browser now and wait for it to say "Inbox (1)" or whatever, lol. I don't remember what I didn't like about the desktop notifier but whatever it was, it annoyed me.