xisto Community
jlrr94

Which E-mail Service Do You Use?

Mail Service  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I use hotmail. it is my personal favourite because of all the new features comming out and the massive mail stroage as well as the new live web page design thingy but this forum does feel very gmail biased so i should proberly go and hide in my hole in fear

I used to use yahoo all the time, due to the fact 8 years ago it had more storage than others (at least from what i could find). A year ago signed up to live/hotmail, not bad clean interface customizable etc. Recently have signed up to gMail and have found it good for 'popping' in and out of quickly.

GMail is the best email service I ever use..Contacts will automatically added into the list when an email receives from any of the sender..GMail and Google services are good when comparing with others.

I use gmail because its easy to use and it is also free and there is more space than other. I love the features of gmail. The reason for using is gmail is that I use websites that is relating with google and we all know that gmail is also a product of google. Thats the reason under using gmail as email.

Edited by arjupun (see edit history)

I don't know about others, but Gmail is best to me. They recently added the chat and this is great, we can communicate even through gmail. But generally every service that Google produces is fantastic.

Gmail user here.

In Belgium there's still quite some people who give you 'the look' when they receive an e-mail from gmail which they think stands for 'gaymail'. Something which isn't quite understandable when you look at all that it offers.

First of all, Google used the neverending 'rising' limit of your inbox to lure people into the service. I now have 7331 MB at my disposal which is still more than I have at live but apparently Yahoo gives you even more, I didn't know that.

They also created the false feeling of 'uniqueness' in the very beginning by issueing 'invites'. Off course after a short while everyone had a 'gmail account' but people still thought they were the only ones.

Both are excellent marketing strategies, I for one don't expect any less from Google.

The interface is clean, neat, and VERY easy to use. (Googles trademark)

The service itself is very customizable and it does what it promesses.

The spamfilter is one of the best out there

Virus protection is sometimes a bit annoying as you are not allowed to send any .exe files as attachment but I guess in the long run it does more good than bad. For me it's one of the only remarks I have about the service.

The archive lets you keep track of virtually everything you ever sent, received, deleted, ...

+ You don't really have to delete anything thanks to the huge amount of storage you receive

Some extra's:

Labels. Not that it's the next wheel invention or that it hasn't been done before, but they're SO easy to use in gmail and so very damn handy at the same time. Label e-mails from work, ads, magazines, ... and find them easily in your inbox or search for them and get them all at once.

Stars. like, bookmarking e-mails!

Google talk

Posted ImageScreen Capture by Marziah Karch

See who of your e-mailcontacts are online, talk to them or videochat with them and afterwards you can store the logs, also in Gmail.

Basicly most of these services are also found in other providers but the thing is, Google always does it somewhat better, cleaner, faster, easier to use, ...

+ one of the biggest advantages are all the services that open up with a gmail adress: blogger, agenda, docs, ... the whole range of their products.

i use yahoo and gmail for my needs. yahoo is the most use email that i use because i started out using that one , but i would use gmail for my web site.

Edited by brittmortimer (see edit history)