xisto Community
jlrr94

Which E-mail Service Do You Use?

Mail Service  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

l like inbox.comit's awsome 1st of all it's gives free 5GB online storage. so i can store my all important files and documents on inbox.com cause i think it's more safe to store there then on my computer cause already i lost my many documents on my computer due to machine faults and due to vuruses and yeah it's working is also quite good.

I like Yahoo! better. I know a lot of people prefer GMail for its simplicity. I, on the other hand, abhor this simplicity; I prefer Yahoo!s many features, even though I'm not using all of them. I have a Gmail account myself, though.One thing I noticed, though, is that I can access my Yahoo! mail faster than my GMail. If you're on dialup like me, you'll notice the difference. It would seem that clean and simple Gmail ain't so simple after all <_<

I just voted other because I regularly use the first three, and I have used the fourth one. I have various uses for all of them, and I actually have four gmail accounts... but I only regularly check 2 of them.

First off to answer a previous post:

Windows Live Mail?is that any kind of software? or web mail?
i want wanna try it..
btw2 what is the different between windows live mail and mail client such as outlook express?

Windows Live Mail is the service provided to you for you to use your mail. A mail client is just a software to use that service. Outlook Express amongst others like Thunderbird, Mail ... etc are clients to use mail services with.

Like many others, I have been a long user of Hotmail (now Windows Live Mail) before moving to GMail. I spent a very brief time with WLM because it was loading very slow even on a cable connection, I just did not like the waiting time. Configuring WLM with my default mail client was extremely difficult, not sure if it has been changed in any way now. GMail on the other hand was simple and easy to get it to work on Mail. Huge storage space, easy to configure steps and not forgetting quick loading speed on their web mail (not that I use it alot). Most if not all of my Emails come to my Mail application, and I store a copy of them in the server, just in case I accidentally delete it via my client.

GMail is definitely the way to go for me. And since it is so easy to configure and it offers way much more storage space than WLM, why not consider it?

Hotmail is the most reliable E-mail system I have used yet...Yahoo was good but now its got a crappy server and the mail takes a way lot of time to reach my inbox.I just hope hotmail can remain good for years to come .

Gmail for POP3 access, and data storage when checking emails through the gmail interface itself. However, of course I started initially through hotmail, and on occasions still use it since I simulataneously also use MSN messenger as well.

Well, I've used the services of Yahoo, Hotmail, Lycos and Gmail... all in that order, an can honestly say that to my personal experience Gmail is the best. Lycos is good also, I have spent months of not signing in into my email account and it still remains active... Yahoo kind of allows you to do that... but they delete your inbox after a couple months. Hotmail in terms of absences is the worst... and considering that is a Microsoft services there is always a chance it will be down... In the last years I've never been in the situation that I can't access Gmail, while, hotmail will be down a couple a times a year (same happens with Windows Live Messenger).

I find it easiest to use Hotmail. Okay honestly I have na tried Gmail or Lycos because I already have a couple of Hotmails and a couple of Yahoos. Yahoo irritates me. I've just gotten used to Hotmails quirks.

I have been a long time yahoo user and since I use my yahoo email for my primary use, I do have gmail, and hotmail as well, but I rarely use them unless I have to send a large file of some sorts to people, or that is the only email that a person uses.

honestly im an obbsesed pyscho who must have the sn gisellebebegirl everywhere, & im signed up for yahoo, gmail, hotmail, & other crap(: but i personaly love GMAIL <-- it stole my corazon(: i find it great how they organize everything, & how emails from one person [same email you reply over&over] are listed as one EMAIL with little tabs to see older messages you sent & received, its so organized! & i the spam blocker works like a dime.. my problem with hotmail is that its a bit slow, i dont like it as much.. all i use it for is the msn messenger, which kicks aiim's little behind, in my opinion..yahoo.. is great, it was the first email i ever made, but the spam blocker is horrible, if you dont sign on for over a month, you will most likely have 798789678unread spam messages ^_^

Well, surfing through the forum I learned about some mails that I didn't know about, so know I've a question, which is the best (performance,security,etc) mail that u have used. I know Hotmail is the one with more ppl but for me it isn't the best Yahoo! Mail is much better, I've Yahoo! Mail,Hotmail,GMail,Lycos and Mail.com.
Which one do u prefer and recommend?

I have been with yahoo mail fo years and getting tired of the service. Seems to be slow recieving mail.

I stick with Hotmail.Why? My Yahoo account got suspended cause I went on vacation, I was least bothered to start another eemail with Yahoo, found Hotmail and had it since ^_^