xisto Community
jlrr94

Which E-mail Service Do You Use?

Mail Service  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've tried Yahoo, Hotmail, and Gmail.Yahoo and Hotmail are okay. For the purpose of e-mail, they work. I don't like their spam filters, though. In both services, I've had a lot of e-mails show up in the spam folders that were not spam at all. I'm not overly fond of the layouts, either. But, like I said, for the purpose of e-mail, they work.Gmail, in my opinion, is superior. It has loads of storage. I've had maybe one piece of e-mail go to the spam box that wasn't spam. And I've had maybe one or two spam e-mails show up in my inbox since August 2005. That's not a bad deal to me. I like the layout a little better. Plus, with the crazy amount of storage, I don't have to worry about losing anything that might be important someday. So, overall, Gmail is my choice.

I have accounts with most of those sites, but hotmail is definately the best - mainly bcause it has a really nice interface.It is easy to set up in windows live mail (a free and very useful mail application). Also the account works with LIVE (instant messaging) and skydrive. Its brilliant you email address is always the same as you instant messaging address, as well as login for other services.Hotmail has a generous 5gb of storage, as well as two different interfaces - for faster and slower connection.But skydrive is extremely useful - 5gb of free web storage!! and the login is the same as your email address, and if you have a hotmail account, you have skydrive as well!!

I use Gmail for 5 reasons:

1. It has IMAP access - which is great when combined with Opera's mail client (the duplicate msgs are gmails buggy IMAP implementation)

2. It has mobile app access: just go to gmail.com/app with your J2ME mobile phone

3. Great spam control

4. Lots of storage

5. No graphical ads and no ads in the signature (yeah babe! no more buy Yahoo! Autos!!1oneshift1eleven23

I think innovation is the reason we change our likes and dislikes. Back when the internet started Yahoo's and MSN's home pages seemed like the coolest things around. But when the internet progressed and advances came along like CSS, Javascript and flash animation, some sites i like didn't seem all that cool after all. I used to use Yahoo fro mail, then Hotmail/Live, but now i use gmail. Overall i think gmail has a simpler and easier interface. I actually signed up for like 15 different email account with like 15 different services, but i forgot bout them for years now and the inbox must have already reached the limit. Anyways, i think the top 3 would be...gmail, hotmail then yahoo...but that's just me.Efrain was here!

I don't know why I can only choose only one to vote.I think many people have more than 3 e-mail accounts from different service providers.As to me, I use gmail,hotmail,yahoo,and 163.com at the same time. :) They are all free, I like it!

Well, I started out with Yahoo! mail. But I couldn't stand the ads, how you have to go to home page to sign in, how it won't remember log in passwords, how max log in time is two weeks, and the general look and feel. Plus so much nonspam ends up in the spam folder! Then when I find out Gmail is no longer invite only, I get an account and dump Yahoo.I like Gmail's SPAM filter much more, the look, the search function, the page set up, and ease of use. I'll be sticking with Gmail!

Well, I started out with Yahoo! mail. But I couldn't stand the ads, how you have to go to home page to sign in, how it won't remember log in passwords, how max log in time is two weeks, and the general look and feel. Plus so much nonspam ends up in the spam folder! Then when I find out Gmail is no longer invite only, I get an account and dump Yahoo.
I like Gmail's SPAM filter much more, the look, the search function, the page set up, and ease of use. I'll be sticking with Gmail!

same here.... i even started with yahoo.... but i have used all of the top free ones plus a few that are not listed but gmail is the best...

I am using both gmail and yahoo. But gmail is my favourite. My most favourite feature is its integrated chat. Gmails spam filter is doing a really good work. And another favourite feature of gmail is, we can use the same id to login into different services if we want. I am using yahoo, but I don't like its ads. Really annoying. And I hate yahoo's home page. I don't really understand what is what in their home page. You need some concentration to use it. Google is quite opposite to yahoo. Space is not important for me, because so many websites are there to offer free storage space. We need some quality features in their service.

Well, the be honest, Hotmail, Yahoo and Gmail are good. I've used them both. :lol: I've even used SquirrelMail too. I think I'd use any email services if I really need to. Besides, what's the big deal about witch one is the best and witch one isn't?-Sky

I used to use Hotmail, but I got fed up with it because I kept getting a lot of spam, and they are so behind the times compared to most other e-mail providers. For the last year or so I've been using Google GMail, and I'm never switching again. Google Mail just keeps getting better - constantly increasing storage, Google Labs introducing new features all the time, and recently they have improved IMAP support - and since I use Google for a lot of other stuff anyway, it's perfect for me.

I now currently use Hotmail services. I think its the best out of them all. It even has two versions to choose; classic version and full version. The classic version is quicker but doesnt have the special features. It's ideal for dial-up users. The full version has everything, including the special features but it may be slower for dial-up users, its mainly for broadband users. Hotmail is from Microsoft, so it can be trusted 100%!I've used Yahoo before, I didn't really like the layout of the mail pages.AOL isn't bad, because the webmail domain is just you@aol.com - which is short and simple. AOL comes with a browser aswell, which you can read your mail by just clicking on a button. But I no longer use it.

Edited by Evolix (see edit history)

Dear friend I use yahoo personally for such a long period now but now a days I am giving a try to another one and satisfied with it. Even though yahoo is the best for so long now but I am fed up of the spam mails comming into my mail box. I am really really fed up of it. I dont know from where they are getting my contact details.?