xisto Community
MienTommy

Can A Dream Kill You? Can it?

Can a dream kill you?  

85 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

i think i responded in this thread before. but anyway....yes, i have died in my dream and i don't have any dreams other than a first person perspective. this is why i know your belief is a myth. i was being chased by a guy with a knife. i ran to the end of a pier and when i turned around, i got stabbed. i fell. and then i was looking at my dead body while floating above it. it was a very real feeling dream. as soon as i was floating above my body, i woke up....but i did die in my dream from a first person perspective.

i don't think i have ever has a dream when i wasn't looking through my own eyes in a dream. that would be like watching a movie with me in it. i don't have those dreams.

dreams are not like the matrix, soviet. get real now. dreams a a trip. there is a lot to them, but they definately don't kill you unless your heart can't take it and have a heart attack or something....but then, it's not really the dream killing you.

dreams can kill you just like aids can kill you. it just doesn't happen. it's the effect of aids or the effect of the dream that can kill you. not aids or dreams themselves.

now, although i can totally 100% discredit you with my own experience, some people believe that other people or entities can enter your dreams and kill you...or you may feel you are dreaming, but really just astral projecting and THAT can kill you. now this may be true.....but astral projection isn't dreaming.

i suggest you study dream or even the psychology behind dreams.....or maybe even trying to figure out what you can actually do when you are asleep or meditating before betting all your money.....because as of right now....i own all your money.....muhahaha!

YES IT CAN!!!!!I HAVE ALWAYS SAID THAT!!!!

It's like the matrix. your body cant live without the mind.

go around and ask people... actually ask yourself. have you ever had a dream where you were killed in a first person perspective?
First person means your actually looking through your own eyes.
When you are having a dream and your falling. you feel yourself falling right?
ITS JUST LIKE THE MATRIX
your mind makes it real and tells your body to react because your mind thinks it's real!

I bet no one here can say they have been killed in a dream in a first person perspective. I would bet all my money on it! because I have never heard of a living person who has.

That's why I try to wake up in dreams.. unless.... its a happy dream.... (ya kno what i mean :))

Dreams definitely can kill people. There are a lot of physical conditions that can cause death (for example, working your heart too fast). In a dream, if you experience something very traumatic you can cause your heart to the point where it overworks itself to death, literally.There is also the fact that if you get a quick scare you can put yourself into shock (your body's way of shutting itself down in order to protect itself). Dreams can cause that as well.What a lot of people don't understand is that when you're dreaming your brain is still working as it does normally -- it's still processing information as always. Therefore when these things happen your brain has a hard time differentiating between what is real and what isn't.

I am not sure about the relation between dreams in reality, such as the assertion that if you die in a dream, you could die in reality. However, I did hear of an incident where an individual had a nightmare and it resulted in an heart attack. I believe it was some sort of medical condition however, and not the typical nightmare or dream.

I'm just playing with the thought, if you got a heartdisease.If a dream are intensive, you're moving, your heart rate increases.
its not so way out if your heart collapse.

Sounds plausible.
Otherwise, I don't think a dream will kill you. And I haven't ever heard of such a death.

i think a dream can kill you. I magine if you had a vivid dream that was very realistic and then during that dream you had th fright of your life where your heart stop. Say you had what we call a dream that scared you not half to death but scared you to death. Isnt that one of the reasons why people die in their sleep, cause they had a dream that scared them to death. but then they not around to answer the question if they were scared to death or not. if only someone who had died could come back to life and tell us then we'd know.

i think a dream can kill you. I magine if you had a vivid dream that was very realistic and then during that dream you had th fright of your life where your heart stop. Say you had what we call a dream that scared you not half to death but scared you to death.
Isnt that one of the reasons why people die in their sleep, cause they had a dream that scared them to death. but then they not around to answer the question if they were scared to death or not. if only someone who had died could come back to life and tell us then we'd know.

^Like !! But seriously, you have REM (Rapid Eye Movement) to tell you that a person is dreaming. So, if we could just spy on a bunch of people and wait for them to die ( I know it sounds cruel, but its science!) in their sleep, and see whether we can use REM to make new findings on this subject. I'm kinda tempted to start a research project on this myself :D

Something this thread is making me wonder about is... Whether or not you really die "peacefully" in your sleep. Maybe when we die "peacefully" it's really due to a dream we were having at the time that went very wrong.

I think you may have a point there. Maybe people do die in a non peacefull way. But the never wake up to tell the world about it. I wonder if the ever has been someone who has watched someoen die in their sleep maybe from a bedside virgil of a sick person and witnessed them pass on. it woudl be nice

There is a condition that states that the sudden shock of being woken up from a dream makes the body tense up. This sudden tensing might cause a heart attack. You could of been woken up by a bad dream (like falling off a building or getting shot) but the dream is not what kills you. It leads to your death but it doesn't kill you.The chances of that happening are extremly small and are increaced if you have a weak heart or other heart condition. This condition was documented in a sleep study I believe. This might happen more than they say it does but if it does who is going to know. The person died.

I think it is possible that a dream can kill you if you have a lucid dream and the terror is so intense that the shock could possibly stop your heart as in a heart attack.

I guess you can die when you sleep,some people just die in their sleep, they never wake up, but I doubt that most of them die because of dreaming something, they might have a nice dream, but they might dream that they're dying. I personally in my dreams wake up before falling to the ground or when I fall, it doesn't hurt and I can walk further. :P