xisto Community
MienTommy

Can A Dream Kill You? Can it?

Can a dream kill you?  

85 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

There is a scientific fact that by your dream. Your dream can kill you. Do you think this is true or false? =]

Dear friend as it is not a normal thing to occur but it may be an extream condition in anyone's case. As a person with a weak heart that is a heart patient or someone like this can meet such a condition due to a horrible dreams. The reason why it is so is when we are in dreams we actually are fully involved in it. And its very least possible that a person knows that he is dreaming. So I think that it can occur.?

Replying to alex7h3pr0gr4m3r

It is possible for you to die in a dream trust me. Say your falling off a cliff, and about a second before you hit the ground you wake up. That happens with most people. But with some people they would hit the ground in the dream, and die. In real life, the brain would send shockwaves, and whatnot, telling your body to shut down. Thus killing you. Anything could happen. Nothing has been proven yet.

-{GOR}GoSu

I think it is possible because it is said that some people can itensly focus on something and cause it to happen, such as altering pulse and blocking out pain. If the brain believes that it is dead or has a high probability of dying, it may shut down.

i don't think a dream can kill you, now i have "died" so many times in my dreams its like me changing my socks. i have only once fallen, and almost hit the ground.... but other then that i have the same type of dream every night, it just comes in different ways. :)

Hmm... I don't think a dream could kill you... But maybe send you insaine. Although I guess you'd have to be nearly insaine to have that kind of dream anyway, so don't worry about it. I've had alot of weird dreams before though...

I think the worst that could possibly happen from a dream is going into a coma or something... Maybe your mind could somehow forget to wake up :D - Unlikely though...

Although, you could consider the afterlife to be a dream... Or even the current life to be a dream. There's alot of theories of life associated with dreams. But the thing is, I don't think we'll ever know for sure. And that doesn't really matter at all :)

hi....................... want know about a dream that it kilss or not.great, dream can kill a man some how i can experienced. if a person has a dram that he is sinking in the water and his breathin is going to stop, so it may cause a person to death.

ActuallyCan A Dream Kill You?Replying to dreActually this is true am 13 and one day I told my dad that I had a dream that I was falling into a black hole but I woke up before I hit the ground that was a good thing that I woke anyways I think it was a pshycologist or something whatever you call it that told him when he had a dream like that he also woke up that if you sleep all the way til you hit the ground you can die because it makes your heart rate increase because you are so scared and then you fell yourself hit the ground causing you to die SO don't HAVE THAT DREAM!-reply by Cocoa Bear

There is a scientific fact that by your dream. Your dream can kill you. Do you think this is true or false? =]

I think it depends entirely on your will power presence of mind and involvement into your dreams. Moreover if you are not strong at your hearts then also it may happen. So what I think is that it is not impossible. It may happen depending upon the person and his mental and physical streangth. But till now I have not faced any case as such and so I can't say surely.

Actually

Can A Dream Kill You?

Replying to dre Actually this is true am 13 and one day I told my dad that I had a dream that I was falling into a black hole but I woke up before I hit the ground that was a good thing that I woke anyways I think it was a pshycologist or something whatever you call it that told him when he had a dream like that he also woke up that if you sleep all the way til you hit the ground you can die because it makes your heart rate increase because you are so scared and then you fell yourself hit the ground causing you to die SO don't HAVE THAT DREAM! -reply by Cocoa Bear

I can't beleave!!!The same i was falling in one hole,but it wasn't black,it wasn't dark...2-3 seconds before hit i woke up and i didn't know what to do.I wanted to cry,but i didn't do that.And yes i was that much scared that i didn't talk 1 minute.Maybe that says that it's possible to die on that way.Now,other thing:

I was dreaming that i said bad word and God made one thunder and i was dead.I was teleported to one place with bell and was very dark.There was God and i was very scared.My heartbeat was 100000/minute :P litteraly.That was like killing me

These are my dreams i hate.There is one good and funny but it will be offtopic if i said that.

I have fallen to my death in dreams on many occassions, I'm still here. It can merely be a hidden fascination/fear of death or I do not believe in my dreams.. Any idea?

YES IT CAN!!!!!I HAVE ALWAYS SAID THAT!!!!It's like the matrix. your body cant live without the mind.go around and ask people... actually ask yourself. have you ever had a dream where you were killed in a first person perspective?First person means your actually looking through your own eyes.When you are having a dream and your falling. you feel yourself falling right?ITS JUST LIKE THE MATRIXyour mind makes it real and tells your body to react because your mind thinks it's real!I bet no one here can say they have been killed in a dream in a first person perspective. I would bet all my money on it! because I have never heard of a living person who has.That's why I try to wake up in dreams.. unless.... its a happy dream.... (ya kno what i mean :))

to the person above me I am sorry but that is complete and utter bull but I do believe that since the mind is incredible there could always have something happen...For example you go to sleep and you are so scared you heart can go to fast and you might die, sleepwalking is also true, and there are theories that suggest that a person being woken up at different times in the sleep cycle could change many things including the way they act or just their basic mind! the was a man ion Virginia who was waken up in a sleepwalking state and that man's brain went haywire and he became violent and killed two people! anyway I do believe it is possible but not very likely unless you have health problems...Like me. I talk and sleepwalk ( in my sleep) and my friends also find it strange that I moan in my sleep despite the fact my dreams aren't always sexual... Anyway thank you for reading...

-reply by the boy that was...

i don't think a dream can kill you, unless maybe metaphorically speaking.

however a dream can inspire one especially if you dream about something nice such as achieving a goal that you have always wanted. what I meant about a dream killing you is if its in the negative, you can end up believing it might happen, well some part of your being might start thinking that and it may influence a lot of things.

somebody told me that you dream what you will be thinking about the most...i think its kinda true.

Only under the right circumstances can a dream kill you. For example, if you already have a failing heart, a terrifying dream could theoretically send your stress levels high enough to become the straw that broke the camel's back, and kill you. I'm sure that's not what the topic maker was thinking when he posted this, though. And the answer is no, a dream is merely a lot of brain activity that happens during your sleep cycle. The idea that if you die in a dream, you die in real life, is false. I know this because I've had a couple dreams where I've died. (Not suicidally, it was just the way the events in the dreams unfolded.) Although, in one of them I was falling off a cliff, and when I woke up on the floor... But I'm just going of on a tangent. In short, the answer is both yes and no. Dreams can affect your mood and in some cases even your well being, but dreams don't kill you in the sense that I'm sure most people here are thinking.