xisto Community
MienTommy

Can A Dream Kill You? Can it?

Can a dream kill you?  

85 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I dnt know about if it can kill you or haunt you but i have managed t find out sites that can be used to analyze dream..i m not spamming but here is a site that analyze it, it works on some ketowords like snake,vulture etc....

try http://dreamstop.com/

I am always having bad dreams and I cant move in them.. I'm scared if I DIE or and evil spirit is trying to get me!...What SHOULD I DO??-reply by Alexa

I think it is possible for dreams to kill a person. Dreams can be from anything to anything, your happiest memory to your worst.If your worst is something which involves committing suicide, then possibly you could follow this track and do something like that.Also if theres something your dream that effects you greatly it could affect your brain and theres endless possibilities of how you would react and take to it. Also blood pressure has something to do with his to a sudden jerk or something in your dream can cause a possible heart attack.

I am not sure if or if not a dream can actually kill you, but on the other hand if any way it could kill you it could cause you to have a heart attack thats if it could kill you at all.

If you die in your dream you will wake up to find yourself dead, also some people have dreams that like dement them so they go do stupid stuff because of a dream and then die...So yes a dream can kill you.

Don't underestimate the power of the human mind. If you subconciously truly believe something your body could go into a state of shock and you may eventually die. While I have never heard of this happening, I do think that it is very possible if a person is already in a state of mental illness.

I guess its true..Think about it...imagine u are falling off a building in ur dreams and u didnt wake up.SLAM!!! ur brain will think that u are dead.and there goes ur life.I do have such dreams before..but i always wake up before i reaches the ground :D

Think about it...imagine u are falling off a building in ur dreams and u didnt wake up.SLAM!!! ur brain will think that u are dead.
and there goes ur life.

But don't you think your brain knows that you are actually in a dream?

Don't underestimate the power of the human mind. If you subconciously truly believe something your body could go into a state of shock and you may eventually die. While I have never heard of this happening, I do think that it is very possible if a person is already in a state of mental illness.

I agree. For example, the mind is the key to endurance. Like that magician who stayed in a coffin type thing for weeks, with absolutely no room to move what so ever. People could even watch him for the time he was down there. He got through that safe. I think its all to do with the mind. If you can control your mind to think you are safe, your body will react and thats how that person was able to stay perfectly motionless in a coffin for weeks. The point being that the body will react to the mind which means theres a possibility that a person could die in a dream.

Uh.. well .. do you mean to die in real life or in dream? In dream dying is very possible thing because if you are young (or whatever the word is / how ever you spell it) you would watch some 18+ movie .... (not prn) like .. Resident evil (i hope i typed it right) and then you see nightmare and you would see like that one zombie comes to you and kills you with his/her claw and you die.. But i don't think you would really kill YOURSELF in dream.. of course its possible to kill someone else if you hate the person and walk when you sleep and knife the person.. But killing self.. Hmm .. Not possible exept if you watch those things .. subminal messages or something which goes from screen veeeery fast.. and it would say like kill ur self but .. I dont think its possible , but you can think whatever you want ... That was just MY opinion (or .. again whatever the word is)~Samitzu

A dream cant kill you! is not the dream that kills you...You might dream you are dying and you really are dying, because the dream generally is a sort of reality built by your brain and senses.So you might be suffocated while dreaming and dream that you are drowning or something like that.You can also die because of the struggling movement while your dream (but it's less possible to hit something while dreaming and die).Also you can dream that you've died and still be alive or that you die and soon you will die in real life.

If you die in your dream you will wake up to find yourself dead, also some people have dreams that like dement them so they go do stupid stuff because of a dream and then die...So yes a dream can kill you.

I'm sorry, but I'll have to disagree with your statement that if you die in a dream, you die in real life. In several dreams I have been eaten by monsters, shot, etc.

Although dreams have caused me to do some very strange things. Several times while I was sleeping I would just sit up in real life really fast and not be able to remember what i was dreaming about... Also on Christmas Eve when i was little, I had so much trouble sleeping because of the excitement. When i finally got to sleep, I had an experience like i described before, but what makes this unique is that i didn't just sit up quickly, I sat up so fast I flew forward and almost off my bed... Has anyone experienced this or something similar?

There is a scientific fact that by your dream. Your dream can kill you. Do you think this is true or false? =]

First off I would love to read that data.

True I dream could kill you if you was in very poor health and it was a bad enough dream. But as for your normal run of the mill bad dream? I honestly think that could not happen.

Now if you was to be Day dreaming and someone did not like it, and hit you in the head with a base ball bat? Now this is a differant story all together :)

Dreams can cause to some chemical reactions in a human body.hope that everyone may agree with me. If a dream has that much of power, how can we say that a dream cannot kill us. A small change of chemical reaction may cause to die. I have heard that it is enough to die that increase or decrease the pH of blood by 0.4.