xisto Community
jossylala

Nokia Or Sony Ericsson?

i like nokia. i used to have a sony ericson but i sold it after a month. there really hard to use the styling is crap and the battery life is very short. nokia's are reliable and look reasonably cool, motorolas look the coolest. i currently have a motorola now though.

Had both- a SE K610 and a Nokia 6120? they're both really good phones, but both have their flip (excuse the mobile pun) sides.

Nokia:

Good

Uses a very steady platform, ie Symbian

Quick response (well 6120 anyway)

Not So Good

Digging into settings menus is a pain

DRM. You can't send/recieve games or protected songs through Bluetooth. ><

Good

Simple, slick, easy-to-use interface

Great quality sound, to be honest

Not So Good

Can't think of anything bad at the moment.

Mobile for mobileNokia Or Sony Ericsson?

Assalamoalaikum,

Bonjour everyone...

I used to use nokia, but I fed up, because it always performs its OS "Symbian" and has only document viewer not full version. But in the future, I plan to go with Sony Ericsson, as SE provides a better complements for my needs.

I thought that Nokia needs to invent some new features to be putted in its new comers.

There is a question in my mind, why has Nokia just launched its touchable screen product by earlier...Though it had been in this world before other platforms...?!

Wa'alaikum salam,/txtmngr/images/smileys/smiley14.Gif

-reply by baouie

sony ericsson vs. nokiaNokia Or Sony Ericsson?

well both this giants r doin  a gr8 jobs bringin the best phone and dey havnt facd any competition till recently until samsung brought its AMOLED touch screen mobiles...!!

howeva I stil prefer sony ericsson coz their features, design, camera and sound quality ------simply the best..!!

stil the battery life is an issue and the mobiles r bit fragile...But nokia's models lyk n81 r also fragile..!!

nokia's OS  is quite stable but u need 2 activate the softwares frequently or else it gets slow. Again nokia's design r very unattractive.Howeva the battery is quite good...

nokia used to rule in the black and white mobile era..!!

but if u want bussiness phone u sud go for nokia ...Though blackberry cells r the bst..!!

and for entertainment follow sony ericsson blindly..!!

and as for camera neva go for nokia..Sony ericsson r the bst...

sony recently launched satio which hav a 12 MP cam...!...Nokia hav gt only 8 MP cam in n86...

howeva samsung is a gr8 challenge in the entertainment section..Dey hav the best of touch screen mobiles.and se brought satio 2 challenge its samsung counter part pixon 12 ...Another 12 mp camera phone..!!..But  wen its abt gamin se is the best ...

sony ericsson recently introduced yari to us...and it supports gesture gamin...Sony ericsson satio a 8 mp cam phone cn be used as the remote in ps3..!!

se is really serious abt gamin   ...

-reply by xxxhhhxxx

OK this is an interesting topic and considering i currently own a NOKIA and a SE makes me qualified for an opinion.I bought my 7310 Supernova 4,5 months ago and I'm pretty satisfied with it , stil works great after so long , battery still lasts for more than 4 days depending on how much i use it. The 2 MP camera without autofocus is good , not great! resonable pictures for a just 2 MP.The main attractive thing about this phone , for me , is the Display. 16 milion colors make the diference from this to my SE screen whith "just" 256k colors. Other then that the way it shines when the lights are off is also cool , makes it look like a complete mirror .. it makes it shine more than an LG SHINE LOL :)).Another strong point for this phone is the fact that it works with MicroSD cards as opposed to the memory stick micro of my sony's.It's alot cheaper , that's the main advantage of this card. The sound is decent , pretty loud for such a stylish phone and also very clear.On the other hand my sony K810i has it's advantages like .. mainly the CAMERA. THe 3.2 MP Cybershot and Xenon Flash makes incredible photos even during the night just like a proffessional digital camera. I think the people from Gsmarena made a review about this phone and about it's camera so you can see there some photos made with it. Both during the day and night the pics look awesome especially the ones made at low range.From this two models there's no way I could choose one.. but OVERALL ..PROBABILY Nokia has a slight advantage and even so.. in the end it's all about what people want , need.. and LIKE so no one can decide which one of the grand producers is the best!

I usually buy Sony Ericsson mobile phones and recommend it to my friends, because I usually like the design and like the navigation of it, it's also stable for me, never had trouble.A lot of my friends also use Nokia, can't say anything bad about it too, I just prefer Sony Ericsson :)

I used to use nokia phones, back then. Now it's almost 2 years after i left nokia to use sony ericsson. :Pi've used nokia 3120 (my first phone, and maybe the best one i ever had), nokia 6600 (the hell with this), nokia err... Forgot but i'm sure it is 5xxx, nokia 5300 express music (if i recall it correct), nokia n72 (meg, the only thing i remember correctly is the 'N' character).Then the sony, sony ericsson k550i (the current one which i use now to post this one), w300 (my friend's), w800 (maybe? It's my fiancee's) and w880i (mine, but lost before it pass its first month on my hand, darn it. :cursing whoever stole it: ) Anyway here's my opinion about them, 100% personal view i must say.Starting with nokia, The best one i ever had is the nokia 3120. It is small, have quick respond, and technically simple (since there's nothing more we can do with it), and CHEAPThe bad thing is, it is... well, outdated lol. And it simply doesn't have anything it can do. No camera, no bluetooth, no infrared, no modem, no memory card, no memory space (like i can't open some sites because what? Not enough memory?), it was mainly used to send sms and phone. Ah... My old phone, i wonder where it is now :DThe other phone? Well i can't say much except : don't like it. Again, personal view and feeling :DI like the easy way to make nokia themes, changing its icon and stuffs, its application (since it can play symbian and java apps). I like its shiny skin, and its popularity around here. But that's it, no more o.oI like music, but the express music edition fail to satisfy meAnd other than that, most good nokia phones are EXPENSIVE, and not affordable for my budget. Since some of their offer can't satisfy me, while the other offers which i don't use (like being symbian, full of high technology attached, and so on), and i hardly can edit the phone setting (especially the internet setting), and don't make me start to talk about the virus thingy and how unresponsive my phones was, i choose not to buy them :P And now about sony ericsson...I got this k one i use to post this post from my fiancee (well, she wasn't when she gave it to me). I thought it will be hard for me to change my nokia-phone habit to sony-phone, like many people said that they are confused on using sony phone, but it was not. I can use it flawlessly, and i like it :)It's simple and straight to the point, the menus are simple, the setting configuration are easy, phone shortcuts, oh... And there is musicDJ too :(After a while, i have found almost all things offered on my phone. I can send and receive emails, add my own word to the T9, read the rss feeds, edit the shortcuts (personal, ok?) stuff like that.The bad thing is, it cannot play the ringtones to the end, it can only play like 10 seconds. But hell, i often silent mode my phone anyway.Oh, and now my phone is kind of unresponsive too, maybe because it has been fallen many times (you can even see its 'injuries' on its case), so sad :DAnd because my phone is not symbian, i was confused when my sister lend me her gxxx phone. All the menu, theme, and settings are different from the other sony i used before. :(And the camera, it is good, until night came. It's so dark in the night i don't know why. Its flashlight can't help to make the picture brighter too, so it's looked awful. Have i mentioned that i had lost my w880i? That was my best sony phone :(It's slim, and small, quite right to put in my small pockets. And since it's small, i laughed to myself when i use my k again, it is BIG compared to my w :PThe walkman mode, i like it. And it is better than my previous phone's music player, much better. :DThe other thing is quite same, hmm maybe nothing different. I hope i can find it somewhere :\ The conclusion of my personal view is:Nokia is good, it has some great phone with high technology and compability (boy, my phone's bluetooth can't be detected by some pc bluetooth device). But then again, it is expensive. And be careful of nokia phone viruses :DThe sony ericsson phone is good too. It has everything to offer to your business. And their name suggests their ability. K for the photo fans, w for the music mania, etc. So you can choose your phone wisely. But if people want my advice to buy a phone, i would recommend him/her to buy sony's (let me remind you again, it's 100% personal view) :P

Nokia they seem to last longer the chargers seem to be interchanagable.I'v had 2 ericsons they died just looking at the puddle they fell near.Nokia's seem to have a better endurance and in my case thay are cheaper

This is kind of a tricky question. Just one cannot say that Nokia is good and sony erricson is bad, or Nokia is bad and vice versa. For every one their opinion differs. He who has practiced and is well versed with a particular mobile will say that His company is too good. Personally i use Nokia for the last 10 years and it has been only Nokia. I have never gone for sony erricson, on the other hand i know few of my friends who say that sony erricson is too good and they use the same for nearly 10 years. so taking these statistics into consideration once cannot say that the other is bad. It all depends on the individuals perpesctive. So to conclude i would say that if some one is reading this thread or these type of questions just dont go with the blind answers which says this is good , oh no this is bad. Just get into the technical specification of the model of the phone and check whether that satisfies the requirements. Please remember that a model which sounds good for one may sound bad for the other. So just make a detailed analysis of any model before you buy let it be nokia, sony erricison or anything. Some may like stylish mobiles, some may not . So dont forget to have a view of the phone before you buy it ( this is say for those who purchase mobiles online ). It is good and advantageous to buy mobiles online. But on the other hand it is better to have a direct look at the mobile before you go for it no matter how many pics you would have seen on the net of that particular mobile which you buy.

Sony Erricson has good looks but it is less sturdy and durable in comparison to Nokia. If you drop nokia handset down then chances of handset survival are more in comparison to sony erricson. I also found out that the camera picture quality of nokia phone is much better. I'm using nokia N73 and Sony erricson W95 series phone. I find that Nokia phones are way better when it comes to camera picture quality and durability. If you're audiophile then sony erricson phones are cool and you'll see the difference between two phones easily. If i'm not wrong most of nokia phone and sony phone are using symbian as OS. But many new phones are likely to be migrated to android or meomo. At the end if you've choice to use between nokia and sony erricson and if you're audiophile then in my opinion it's better to go for sony erricson. Again this is my observation and choice.