xisto Community
chelcy

HTML Editors Your preference?

Well, for anything, notepad is a very good option, yet, you have to dominate everything: HTML, web standards, etc., otherwise, you could loose time. Even for assembly languaje :( But for previews, testing and working on several documents, Dreamweaver is a good choice. To me.

I use Notepad and wordpad they both are nice and clean and you cant get some wiered code inseted taht you dont want...

Dreamweaver is nice and all but it adds code you dont need and or want... very nice for the newbies that wana learn to program but dont have the patience to learn html correctly

the best way is to learn html from a book while also making examples with what you are learning

heres a good site for learning stuff

http://www.w3schools.com/default.asp

:) ,,,NotePad is the best ..hehe ..And its same as editing in front page or dreamweaver ..You have to click preview to see the result and here you have to click that html file after editing the source... Why dont you use front page ?? that comes wid MS office ..

Notepad is the best, chip and quick, but only if you know what you want to build, and master at HTML/Jscript lng. In otherwise very helful something like "MAX's HTML Beauty++ ME". it's between professional and :P other.

I have Frontpage and Dreamweaver. I am OK using Frontpage but still getting to grips with Dreamweaver, I am not very experienced in site building and only know the basics in html. I like the idea of the split screen in Dreamweaver where you can use html and see your site developing.However I've just downloaded Firstpage 2006 and I'm especially impressed with the column on the left hand side which shows html language - it's just what I've been looking for. And it has the split screen.Can't wait to get going with it, hope it lives up to my expectations.AND IT'S FREE :)

So what's the best HTML editor? Or at least what you use? I searched in Google, and they (of course) all claim to be good, and I think they are. But what do you guys use? (Or do you just use Notepad? :D )
Oh yeah, I'd prefer free ones! :angry:

Edit: Can someone move this post? I'm so sorry but I posted in the wrong forum... :angry:

Hey,

they must be millions of free html editors out there. The Mozilla editor is supposed to be preety good. However, real developers only use notepad. Well, you could get some sort of editor that has a syntax checker but you don't really need one if you just doing html and css.

Hey,they must be millions of free html editors out there. The Mozilla editor is supposed to be preety good. However, real developers only use notepad. Well, you could get some sort of editor that has a syntax checker but you don't really need one if you just doing html and css.

Many 'real' developers use industrial stregnth tools such as Macromedia Dreamweaver, and Microsoft Frontpage or Visual Studio .Net.

Personally, I don't really use an editor, but when I need to fix up something quickly, I use PHP Designer 2005 (from http://www.mpsoftware.dk/phpdesigner.php), which sports code highlighting, HTML tag, CSS style and PHP function references, and a built in FTP client (which is crude but effective). I do find Visual Web Developer Express Edition a decent product, but it's only really of use if you are an ASP.Net developer. It's too big overall if you just need HTML editing.
Edited by michaelper22 (see edit history)

Seriously, I think notepad is the best. Hand-made, it's the greatest. I used notepad ever since I learned web design. I hate programs like frontpage and all that. I prefer the "old fashioned" way. :angry: It's so much better. Unless I have to edit something quickly, I might use dreamweaver or something like that. There are millions of these programs, all claiming to be good. I guess you have to actually try it before you know if it is good or not.

one the handy HTMl editors is Topstyle. It not only is a good editor for your HTml projects but also you can use it for creating highly compatible CSS files with different Internet Browsers. You can search the google for finding the Official site. I personally have used it for my own websie and it was great.

I use lots of different HTML editors including:DreamweaverNotepadNotepad++Microsoft ExpressionWeb Page MakerScreemThey all work differently and I like Dreamweaver the best.

In terms of free HTML editors, notepad!If you are looking for paid, Dreamweaver would probably be the best. But still, there are many things that DW can't do and you will still need notepad for anyways, :P.There was also some other program that looked like notepad but color coded the various codes. It could be used for C++, C, HTML, and other types of code. Ultrapad or something? I really can't think of the name. But it used to be a 100% free program, and looks just like notepad except for the color coding that it has built in. Now they charge for it though, :P.Overall I would say that Dreamweaver is the most helpful though. Even if you know HTML, the time it can save you is amazing. Just use the WYSIWYG editor to get what you want, drag pictures back and forth, resize them, etc. without having to keep manually doing it.

In terms of free HTML editors, notepad!
If you are looking for paid, Dreamweaver would probably be the best. But still, there are many things that DW can't do and you will still need notepad for anyways, :lol: .

There was also some other program that looked like notepad but color coded the various codes. It could be used for C++, C, HTML, and other types of code. Ultrapad or something? I really can't think of the name. But it used to be a 100% free program, and looks just like notepad except for the color coding that it has built in. Now they charge for it though, :XD: .

Overall I would say that Dreamweaver is the most helpful though. Even if you know HTML, the time it can save you is amazing. Just use the WYSIWYG editor to get what you want, drag pictures back and forth, resize them, etc. without having to keep manually doing it.

The other one you are probably thinking of is notepad++. The best thing about this program is that its free and so are all of its attachments. Thats what really makes it great.

Dreamweaver is probably the best editor out there, but its add-ons have a price. There are other ways to get Dreamweaver, not sure about the add-ons though.

I personally like NotePad++. It's better I think, plus it has line numbers on the left of the panel. Very useful for finding errors in PHP files. :lol: I also use the cPanel HTML Editor for my HTML designs. It is way easier for me to just paste some style sheet in the Source of the page, then click on Design and carry on from there.