xisto Community
chelcy

HTML Editors Your preference?

i used macromedia homesite, but recently i've been using macromedia dreamweaver.i don't understand the people that say that notepad is the best editor... in dreameweaver you have the option to see only the code (like in notepad), you also have the option to split it (where you see the code and the final result at the same time).if you forget to write a tag in notepad... you have to look for it and blah blah blah. in dreamweaver, the code is colored so you can clearly see what tag or what part of the code is missing.in notepad, you have to write down ALL the code, for example, to make a paragraph, you need to write <p> and </p>, in dreamweaver, you only need to write <p> and it automaticaly (its prolly bad written ;P) inserts the </p> tag.etc, etc, etc.dreamweaver > notepad!dreamweaver has so many options...check it out! ;)

Add to that you can immediately see what your work looks like real time, instead of continually saving your file.But fact is, some people still have an aversion with WYSIWYG-capable editors.

i do confirm that frontpage 2003 is better than dreamweaver 4, but i did actually check the new v.

i do confirm that frontpage 2003 is better than dreamweaver 4, but i didnt actually check the new v.

I use a little editor called nedit, but also vi or vim. They have fine highlighting features.

Notepad or EMEditor

EditPlus or Notepad...

You cannot realisticly manage a large site with a text editor, regardless of whether or not it includes syntax-highlighting. NEdit or vi might be fine if you're only interested in having a couple of pages for a hobby site, but trying to create professional-grade sites that look good with a simple text editor is just a waste of time.

Frontpage is for newbies who don't know how to do anything by themselves.Dreamweaver is good if you are intelligent, but lazy.Notepad is the only way to go. You see, Frontpage isn't an HTML editor. Neither is Dreamweaver. You don't even bloody touch HTML in them. Stupid. Just stupid.And Sauron: No, you're wrong. You didn't even back up your thought. I managed to run a 5000 visitor a day site with JUST NOTEPAD. Proffesional grade? Dreamweaver/Frontpage wasn't made for professionals! Christ!

If you can show me this '5000 visitor a day' site of yours, and some valid statistics taken from a reliable source, then I will acknowledge you as being right and withdraw my previous statement.And I don't remember saying that either Dreamweaver or FrontPage were intended for professional site development, although I never said they weren't.

If you Guys are looking for HTML Code editors and not WYSIWYG then gpo for FIRSTPAGE 2000. Its the best editor, I have ever seen and it has got all the HTML codes necessary, Color coding, Supports PHP, Perl, ASP, Coldfusion and lot many languages. Gives a pretty cool Tab interface and many tools to mark the things, highlighting and stuff.Got an inbuilt Javascript builder and hence you can insert menu and stuff and create cool animations in a flash. With a Javascript Object Dictionary, you can refer to each and every javascript attributes used in DHTML. Not to mention, its also got a DHTML zone to put in additional effects. In built FTP.. This is only TIP of the iceberg, I only wrote what i could remember.
On top of this : ITS absolutely FREEEE!!!

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Thats the HTML editor I use, Its really easy and has all those features plus theres loads more I cant remember aswell, and the price is great FREE.

Notepad is the only way to go. You see, Frontpage isn't an HTML editor. Neither is Dreamweaver. You don't even bloody touch HTML in them. Stupid. Just stupid.

dreamweaver can be used as an HTML editor. you have the option to only see the code and you can write it just like in notepad.

dreamweaver it's much easier to use then notepad, here a few good things about dreamweaver i already posted the other day.

- if you forget to write a tag in notepad... you have to look for it and blah blah blah. in dreamweaver, it highlights the code/content in different colors, making it more easy to see what the code is missing.

- in notepad, you have to write down ALL the code, for example, to make a paragraph, you need to write <p> and </p>, in dreamweaver, you only need to write <p> and it automaticaly (its prolly bad written ;P) inserts the </p> tag. not only this tag but many others.

these are just 2, but there are many more...

frontpage good for starter back 3 year for me, now i like using dreamwaver for more graphics and more better looking sitesCOMBINED WITH PHOTO SHOP, dont like FIREWORKS

dreamweaver and frontpage are HTML editors...just very fast and easy-to-use editors...

but if you realu wand to learn the ways of HTML...you'll tupe all the codings in notepad...