xisto Community
chelcy

HTML Editors Your preference?

I use Notepad which came with My OS. This is my basic and the most used html editor. Anybody can edit HTML, Javascript, Php, and lots of using simple notepad. So I loved it.

After that

Following are the my html editors

Microsoft Frontpage

Dreamwaver cs3

Cpanel html editor

My 2nd reommendation is dreamweaver because it has lots of features.

So what's the best HTML editor? Or at least what you use? I searched in Google, and they (of course) all claim to be good, and I think they are. But what do you guys use? (Or do you just use Notepad? :D )
Oh yeah, I'd prefer free ones! :o

Edit: Can someone move this post? I'm so sorry but I posted in the wrong forum... :)

try to use geany.its a good editor and attached with linux ,,so a free ware and oen source,it also comes for windows as an exe file,search in google and try,,,loks like notepad but much capable of a notepad.use once and see how easy it is.

when i started coding i was using notepad,but after i'm going deep in coding i saw that i'm wasting my time fixing silly errors just because i wrote the codes fast and forgot semi colon or a dote ... so i decided to find something can helps me deal with that so i started using edit plus and it was a great editor it helped me a lot but it expired after three months i guess so i use now tswebeditor it is great and suitable to CSS, PHP and HTML or adobe dreamweaver WHICH IS BETTER THAN tswebeditor

Hi!@puneyeI don't like Notepad because sometimes it automatically switched from monotype to variable type and makes the source code difficult to read. Another feature that it is missing is the ability to automatically insert a tab when I press return to get a new line. I rarely use the online editing tools because I do most of my composing offline, but occasionally, online editing is useful to quickly fix errors.@domguanFor some reason, vi kinda grew onto me so I never used Emacs much. Some Linux distributions include a version of vi with syntax highlighting whereas other Linux distributions include vi with syntax highlighting. I might be generalizing though because I treat vi and vim (vi enhanced) as the same and expect the distribution to automatically launch vi enhanced even when I type "vi" instead of "vim" due to the behavior on some distributions.@web_designerIf you are looking for a replacement for EditPlus, you can try using Notepad++ which is free. You can also try TextPad, which is pretty much the same as EditPlus. Adobe DreamWeaver is pretty good for editing HTML markup and CSS style sheets. However, for writing Javascript or PHP, I find Notepad++ to be nicer simply because they start up faster.

by my experience the best editor is frontpage 2000i don't want the users of frontpage 2003 get sad but it is realy powerful and stable than frontpage2003 or 2007 expresions.it's more stable in adding pics and swf or shockwaves objects.