xisto Community
chelcy

HTML Editors Your preference?

Just can say that Front Page is a piece of sheet, when I learn a little html stuf and look some codes that only FP cad make, I realised that he put a lot of thinks in the wrong place, and make enu other browser that is not coled IE freese when reed Fp html :(

I don't wanna diss nobody's stuff, But I use frontpage for EVERYTHING, and it's a lil' under-featured, and the templates *BLEEP*... so I want to know from someone that has dreamweaver, whether or not it's worth my time downloading (Yeah it's 20 minutes of my life wasted.. lol i have DSL) But still, before I waste time downloading this product, I want to know if it's decent from anyone that's used it.I'm not particularly "skilled" with HTML editing, i've just been around it a LONG time... and I felt that since people like Macromedia and Microsoft are going to make programs to make that job alot easier, why bother learning it so you have to type every single peice of code into notepad... I can only barely stand doing Java like that, and It annoys the shizit outta me. LOL, so I've had no reason really... Plz comment.. lol :( Hey look, i'm a terrorist... (not funny)

by far the overwriting of notepad standard CONText check it out here

CONText

download it here

Download Context

The only reason i say this is because it gives you the notepad but with colorcoding based on what project you tell it your writing in.

So if you want to write in C++ you can tell it that and boom it highlights commands/tagging that coresponds with what you told it your writing for. It also has option in there for HTML etc etc.

I find it more useful and when you have an error in your typing if your not given a line you can find it easier due to the fact your tags are color coded.

HTML-kit is another of my favorites... similarly color coded and very handy.I use that daily for all my coding work.I have posted about this elsewhere in this forum, but sonce the discussion here is on these type of software, couldn't resist.Moreover, it is free!

I use two very good and powerful HTML tools on my pc for creating web pages. The both are very good. I neither uses nor needed Frontpage. Although I have it on my system.

They are 1stPage 2000 and HTML-Kit. And the most intersting thing is that both are free. HTML-Kit has 1,225,923 downloads and 95% User Rating on Cnet Download.com

You can download both from here.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

http://www.chami.com/html-kit/

The download files are not very large. Just 3 or 4 MB.

If anyone had not tried them so far I will suggest to try once. I am sure you will like them.

frontpage makes things easy, but dreamweaver is better.  I prefer notepad for html :P Note pad is the best!!! like jacob said

Yea I agree with jacob that note pad is the best. :P But for quick brag-to-your-friends-that-don't-know-how-to-make-a-webpage projects I jsut use Web Dwarf. It's a WYSIWYG editor and personally I think it's easy and pretty much the best WYSIWYG editor out there. Dreamweaver I haven't tried becuase my friend didn't like it and I was too lazy to get it. Frontpage isn't that good becuase it doesn't work on my firefox. <_< That sucks! Still basicly I use note pad and photoshop. My friend let me use his photoshop. :( Becuase I'm too broke to get it. (I wasted too much money on my comp). Still notepad is the best!!! :)

on linux i use quanta plus for all my html, jsp and xml.
on windows i mostly use dreamweaver mx and sometimes crimson editor.
i also heard that https://www.emeditor.com/ should be pretty good (as a programmer's editor in general) although it costs something for most people.
students can even get an academic license for free, which is what i did. i even think they wouldn't recognize if a non-student would apply for a license... so just try they cannot do more than to deny you a license"<_<