xisto Community
chelcy

HTML Editors Your preference?

Notepad is cool but its very bland so you hav eto get used to it. Frontpage is abit more colourful and it also helps you point out some important stuff. It uses colour to differetiate stuff(i.e tags..numbers....)Dreamweaver is nice but it takes up alot of system resources. When I mean alot, it means for editing text. Just fo rthe simple task of editing HTML, you takes up a few precious megabytes of RAM.I personally prefer Notepad. Its simple and easy to use.

I totally recommend NotePad++ esay to use and fast.. it works with many scripts(php,html,asp,java, etc).. FrontPage its also great. and DreamWeaver couldnt leave it behind.

Dreamweaver is the best web-editor there is both as WYSIWYG or plain text, especialy coz it's platform independent. Frontpage adds about 160% more code, most of them totally useless and proprietary and sloppily done that it would only work properly in microsoft browsers and OS.Graphics-wise, Adobe GoLive CS is more robust coz of the integration with Photoshop and Illustrator.

Actually the question should be the other way around: what does dreamweaver mx 2004 have over UltraDev. Well, for starters it has better interface and more intuitive features. But mostly it has to do with enhanced database integration in MX that sets it apart. Add to that, MX was retooled to support almost every web programming language you could imagine (PHP, ASP, .NET, Java/Javascript etc.)In addition, dreamweaver MX is better suited for group work than earlier versions because of its integration with other Macromedia products (which is after all the concept behind Studio MX 2004).

Notepad makes it so hard for you to see what you are doing. You have to publish what you do in a htm or html file to actually see if your code works. Too much work for me.

"Hardcore" webmasters (forgive the term:lol: ) prefer Notepad (or other plain text editor for that matter) than wysiswygs because you retain full control over the source code. Granted its tedious and repetitive, it remains very useful and very cheap to boot.

I use HTML-Kit. DLed it for free at download.com and I really like it. I've done others (including frontpage which is okay for teaching people how to do coding, but I don't like using it.) I like the speed and streamline look of HTML-Kit best.

EditPlus or Notepad B) I don't like Front Page, it creates too much redundant code.When I loaded Dreamweaver, it pop up with some thing like 10 windows all over the screen. That freaks me out B) andyy15 : If you're using notepad, save the file you're editing. Open it in your browser. If you want to see the changes just swap to the browser and refresh.

i used macromedia homesite, but recently i've been using macromedia dreamweaver.i don't understand the people that say that notepad is the best editor... in dreameweaver you have the option to see only the code (like in notepad), you also have the option to split it (where you see the code and the final result at the same time).if you forget to write a tag in notepad... you have to look for it and blah blah blah. in dreamweaver, the code is colored so you can clearly see what tag or what part of the code is missing.in notepad, you have to write down ALL the code, for example, to make a paragraph, you need to write <p> and </p>, in dreamweaver, you only need to write <p> and it automaticaly (its prolly bad written ;P) inserts the </p> tag.etc, etc, etc.dreamweaver > notepad!dreamweaver has so many options...check it out! B)