xisto Community
MSTR

The Best Anti-virus What Do you think ?

Hey I use nortons and have never had a problem. It stops numerous intrusions even on my school's network and is ever changing and correcting its own problems. Great firewall to just setup and leave it be because it will fix itself and update itself if there is a problem

This works for me. It's Spybot S&D. First of all, it's 100% free and it's not shareware, etc. It make you say bye-bye to those annoying ads! Well, it's the only one I've tried... but You guys should try it out too! You can also block bad pages with its Immunize option!

I use McAfee. My dad simply won't allow Norton. I guess he had a bad experience with it. McAfee works like a dream for me! I remember when I got a trojan, it alerted me right away! It saved my skin countless times! Me and McAfee have this unbreakable bond see? Anyway, it's a relief I've never been infected by a virus yet. Whew!

I think that hardware firewalls are much better as software firewalls. I'm using a Router, with firewall built in. The greatest thing on a hardware firewall, I think, is that your computer doesn't slows down, you are always protected and you don't have to update it.

133019[/snapback]

Dude, i've got both, and if i only had the router firewall, i'd be down long ago. they're only real basic stuff.

and Someone:

the XP firewall is ok, but NOT to be trusted if you have anything remotely important on your computer.

Dude, i've got both, and if i only had the router firewall, i'd be down long ago. they're only real basic stuff.

and Someone:

the XP firewall is ok, but NOT to be trusted if you have anything remotely important on your computer.

135494[/snapback]

That's why I am using Outpost Pro.

1. Panda Internet Security

2. ZoneAlarm Pro

3. Skygate or something i forgot the name...

WHATEVER YOU DO DONT GET SERVICE PACK 2!!! SCREWS UP SOME OF YOUR COMPUTER PARTS AND YOU NEED TO DOWNLOAD ALL THESE DUMB PATCHES!

Edited: Dont give away serials

26174[/snapback]

um first thing: Zonealarm Pro is the number one!!

second:Service Pack ownt i have no problems and if you have just search a google and you find it... it gives much blocks really good i SWEAR!!

I currently use Norton Internet Security for a firewall, and let me tell you, it is a huge resource drainer!I come to think of it as its always better to be slow and secure, then fast and virus infested.I will probably make the switch to another type of AV and firewall after when I next format.

I currently use Norton Internet Security for a firewall, and let me tell you, it is a huge resource drainer!

I come to think of it as its always better to be slow and secure, then fast and virus infested.

I will probably make the switch to another type of AV and firewall after when I next format.

136313[/snapback]

hope your format happens soon.

--a sworn enemy of norton

I recomend you zone Alarm 5.5You can download it from http://www.zonelabs.com/store/content/home.jsp or http://download.cnet.com/windows/
its really nice firewall with email checker and protect your file on internet and protect your open ports and . it can check your antivirus system or your lan connection and ...yesterday i recive update form zonelabi think zonealarm version goes to up form 5.5 i have not enough time to update my zone alarm ....its good firewalli use 5 years and i have not problem with -_-

I recommend that you use Outpost Firewall. Why? It has an option that blocks all of the connections except the ones you add in the allowed lists. Therefore, any applications that you didn't add in the allowed list, it's always blocked. Now that's what I call a protection. I also disabled the windows security center in windows xp service pack 2, then turn off automatic updates. that's it. I think the computer would be vunerable to viruses/worms if you don't have any firewall.

I recommend that you use Outpost Firewall. Why? It has an option that blocks all of the connections except the ones you add in the allowed lists. Therefore, any applications that you didn't add in the allowed list, it's always blocked. Now that's what I call a protection. I also disabled the windows security center in windows xp service pack 2, then turn off automatic updates. that's it. I think the computer would be vunerable to viruses/worms if you don't have any firewall.

138007[/snapback]

Tiny Pro has the same thing.: windows security lockdown, firewall, IDS, Integrity guard.

absolutely NOTHING gets through without your permission.