xisto Community
MSTR

The Best Anti-virus What Do you think ?

umm....i use NOD32, haven't found anything that can beat it.

but there are soooo many threads already on this topic.  :P

148459[/snapback]

I' ve been also using NOD32 for about a year or so and hade no complications with it. Before I used Noroton Anti Virus and it sucked - it slowed down my computer so much.

And after I scaned my computer with NOD32, I found a few trojans, that NAV had passed through. So, NOD32 is at least for now my very best choice.

I use Symantec antivirus corporate, Zone alarm PRO, Adaware se pro, spywareblaster and spyware guard. I almost never get any viruses/adwares, i recommend to use symantec antivirus corporate and adaware!

I'm curious what firewalls you folks use to protect your computers. I have ZoneAlarm on my Windows box. I am looking at setting up a stand-alone Linux box with some kind of firewall and wonder which is the best to use. Any ideas?

I'm using Norton Internet Security 2005 with personal firewall while my windows firewall also protect me from unauthorized access :DI think both of them works good, and prevent some attack on my computer. Altough, I don't think it's the best firewall out there, but I'm sattisfied with it :D

i have tried couple of firewalls and here are the results1. norton person firewall - it is good but it slows the pc incredibly and also decrease the internet speed only recommended for high speed internet3.zone alarm , kiero, sygate,tiny firewall all these functions good but sometimes they block the access to net so make u panic,4.mcafee personal firewall it is good light on system gives good info of blocked access, also gives the ping facility to know from where the attack occurs.5. and if u dont install firewall and use windows xp sp2 firewall it is more than enough to be protectiveso best is to use mcafee and windows firewall side by sidefor linux firewall u can get firewall inbuilt in it only thing is that u must know how to configure it....and it will be the best one u ever have....i recomment that u use fedora or mandrake [now mandriva] as ur distribution of choice for security both have highly configurable firewalls. u can also use clark gateway firewall , mandrake's commertial firewall and more are available just use waht suits u and that going to be the best one available.thankx bye take care :D

i have tried couple of firewalls and here are the results

1. norton person firewall - it is good but it slows the pc incredibly and also decrease the internet speed only recommended for high speed internet

3.zone alarm , kiero, sygate,tiny firewall all these functions good but sometimes they block the access to net so make u panic,

4.mcafee personal firewall it is good light on system gives good info of blocked access, also gives the ping facility to know from where the attack occurs.

5. and if u dont install firewall and use windows xp sp2 firewall it is more than enough to be protective

so best is to use mcafee and windows firewall side by side

for linux firewall u can get firewall inbuilt in it only thing is that u must know how to configure it....and it will be the best one u ever have....i recomment that u use fedora or mandrake [now mandriva] as ur distribution of choice for security both have highly configurable firewalls. u can also use clark gateway firewall , mandrake's commertial firewall and more are available

just use waht suits u and that going to be the best one available.

thankx

bye

take care  :D

168509[/snapback]

That's what I use, McAffee and Windows, although I have Windows set to low because it tends to block me when I try to download things.

I like the block/allow feature of McAffee, I also like the log feature, it's blocked alot of attacks on me.

yeah i use norton/yahoo/windows/webroot for my protection and its working out wonderful but a little on the slow side when im loading the computer up.

I use Look'n'stop Firewall, its a nice small firewall thats very light on resources, when you use its basic configuration, its rather bad, but you can do many changes to make it one of the best firewalls around.
But most firewalls protect you well, it doesn't realy mater wich one you chose, its how you configure it, a firewall is as strong as its configuration.

The firewall you must use depends strongly on what you want to protect.If you have only a workstation with some minor information, maybe the choice is a personal firewall that runs on your own PC.If you have several information to protect , maybe you have two options:1) A GNU/Linux box dedicated (for me the best).2) A propietary box (dedicated HW). Plug and play, but no so much control.

I use AVG free.it's very good and doesn't ask much of your pcsome good points at AVG free:* Free, 24/7 e-mail access to Grisoft's technical support* high-speed server network for downloading update files* Support of multiple languages* Options for configuring multiple program and test settings* The ability to create user-defined tests and schedules* Option to define directories that will be excluded from the resident shield protection

I Use Kaspersky Antivirus -Its easy and fast It has Real Scanner and more option for scanI Like itYou can find this software by search in google -_-

i think zone alarm or black ice is best firewallwith zone alarm you can manage online fileszone alarm has one option to check emails for outlook software and ...You can download zone alarm in www dot download dot com

My favortite Anti-Virus program is AVG, for a lot of reasons:1. It's Free2. It have updates everytime3. It is faster than Norton4. It require low amount of ram than other Antivirus so it can be placed in any machinekservice