xisto Community
MSTR

The Best Anti-virus What Do you think ?

Ad-aware Professional from Lavasoft, Zone Alarm Security Suite from Zonelabs and Norton Antivirus 2005 form a digital fortress to protect my pc from threats. I think my pc is now quite safe.But sometimes, the trojans sill do enter the fortress...... :rolleyes::lol:

hmmm my favorite antvirus programe......it's b-defender it is cool. My computer is working perfectly. All viruses, that I found, this antivirus programe can remove. COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hmmm my favorite antvirus programe......it's b-defender it is cool. My computer is working perfectly. All viruses, that I found, this antivirus programe can remove. :unsure: COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have 3 programmes I use regularly to keep the nasty bugs out:

1) Norton Anti-Virus (which came with the computer)

Not bad, when I first got broadband, it was flashing on and off as sooo many viruses seemed to come in (we had hardly any on 56K dial-up, but suddenly - wow!)

2) Zone Alarm firewall

Absolute MUST have if you decide to venture onto the internet... it's really cool, asks you about all your programmes and you can configure it to always allow or disallow something (as opposed to other programs which secretly block things that haven't got viruses grrr).

3) Yahoo! Toolbar Anti-Virus

This is a brilliant program that comes with the Yahoo! toolbar companion (it's the little yellow icon with the crosshair). It's even better than Spybot Search and Destroy! The scan doesn't freeze your computer and takes only seconds - it even catergorises the adware and spyware it finds into "dangeous" and "be aware of" categories! The Yaho! Toolbar Ad

-blocker is also very useful... I like! biggrin.gif

I used to run the same programs till a few weeks ago. My Windows Xp had a few months since it wasn't reinstalled so it was running, let's say, slower (of course we all know how fast, secure and stable microsoft Windows is), but that wasn't the main problem. I think ZoneAlarm stated blocking some sites like paypopup.com or the live support from studiotraffic, so i sad something must be done...

So i reinstalled Windows and i installed Bit-defender (why did I choose this software? for mainly two resons - i'm a patriot and bit-defender is made in my country :unsure: and second it has a firewall included). It works great after you get the hang of it, like after you install it it popups up al kinds of messages when you open the browser or a program that uses the internet connection or the registry, but after you sort that up it works great. I can tell you the firewall is not as advanced as ZoneAlarm, but it does its purpose, it lets me choose what traffic comes in and what goes out, and in combination with a great browser like Firefox and the windows xp firewall i really feal secure.

Does anybody really know that thiere antivirus program is removing anything? :unsure: Nortan Antivirus is pretty good, not reliable though :D

I use Trend Micro pc-cillin, and am in fact updating it at this very second. i have to question this thread though... Most Virus Scanners are *BLEEP* and it's a virus scanner so who cares what your favourite is?

NOD 32 and Tiny Firewall Pro.i hate Norton and anytrhing to do with it. it's a resource hog that slows down your computer immensely. the only adware program i use is ad-aware pro.i never had a virus or spyware get through the combination.

HI all,
Here's a link to a review site for anti-virus software. Have followed
these guys for years and they're deadly serious about anti-virus testing.
They do all their testing in house and I've found their ratings to be "right on" and without any bias.
Heres the link:Top10Reviews
Hope this helps
RGPHNX

Out of all the Anti Virus software that I have tried out, PC-Cillin 2005 is the best. The other day i had 20 trojans and i scanned with norton. It said it couldnt get rid of it unless I subscribed to it. I thought that was pure BS. So a friend of mine offer PC-Cillin and I am about to try anything at this point,and it got rid of all the Trojans I'm happy to say and it even detects them coming in without lagging up your computer. If anyone know anything better tell me,but this is somethin i suggest to protect your comps